HFNYR: Board Appreciation Thread

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Was just thinking how this is the website I spend the most of my time on and how this place is a great community for Rangers fans. Message boards have largely gone by the wayside in favor of larger socia media sites like Reddit and Twitter/X but HF has chugged along in the niche of providing a place for hockey fans to chat. It's great overall but HFNYR as one of the most active team boards on the site has been such a great place to talk puck. I say this ,without irony, that because of all the different perspectives and attitudes we have a great community here with consistent engagement and interesting perspectives. I'm a massive Rangers fan (obviously) with them being the only team I REALLY care about so having a place where other die-hard fans are constantly engaged the same way I am has been really great and it enhances the fan experience. I have friends that are fans and it's fun talking with them but it's hard to find people with the knowledge base and engagement level you find here. I just wanted to share this and wasn't sure if it would fit in the Roster Building thread.

Thanks to the mods and to the community of all of you crazy guys, I love logging on here every day and engaging with you guys.

Just wanted to share how much I like this place, Let's go Rangers!

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
IMG_3017.gif

Thank you for welcoming a dumb Aussie!

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I've posted here like twice in the last month and don't really plan on going back to how things were. There are some really great people here that I will always care for, but otherwise this place is more toxic than a Superfund site. After this season someone else can pick up the prospect thread, as well.

I feel you. I was very upset with the last PGT it’s no surprise, and the Mika bashing is becoming border line trolling some of it has crossed the line.

But I can tell you this, the Rangers forum still has a lot of good things going on here, I don’t expect everything to be all sunshine and rainbows but sometimes the negativity can really suck the life out of you from posting here.

I made a new Laf thread because of this, I locked the last PGT early because of this. Me and the other mods are not trying to censor negativity just weed out the trolling. Some people don’t even know they are trolling but it is what it is.

The day this place becomes like a Reddit or Twitter/X then we have failed as mods. We are not a pool of random internet people posting random crap. We are a community that tries to respect each-other and yeah we bunk heads, sometimes a little too much. Lol

I guess what I’m saying is let us how if you have suggestions to make this place better. I can’t guarantee everything you suggest can be implemented but we will try hard to make things better.

It’s nearly impossible to please everyone but the mods will do the best they can.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
cised. the royal road. the new meta.

just local folklore propagated by probably one or two accounts. Just a silly funny nothing more.

Not sure, but maybe Vally is the original source of some of that. Maybe not.
This board makes me feel a range of emotions simultaneously that I describe as cisedpointsschmointshighmajordobogeometryroyalroadnewmeta.

ncdoc

Oct 10, 2015
It is almost like we need two pre-game and two post-game threads. One for the optimistic/positive crowd and one for the pessimistic/negative crowd. I know that's not feasible (or even a good idea), but it would be nice if people could stay away from the extremes on either side. Appreciate the mods!!!!!

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Apologies for having a senior Aussie moment but what the fugg does “cised” mean?
Don't feel bad....I didn't know what it was either...finally looked it up.

From the "Urban Dictionary":

Cised: To be overjoyed or enthusiastic about something (e.g. a hip song, television show, that fly girl on the school bus), but trying to stay cool and aloof rather than show how overjoyed and enthusiastic one is; predominate usage peaks in junior high, ceases altogether by age 15.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad