HFNHL Off Season Sim God Thread

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Great job!

To sum up for the Wild:

Nichol should be with the Wild.
Fowler (or Folwer) needs ratings as well.

Thanks. I have quite a bit of roster tidying up... please post any notes as Dan has for your team beyond the FA signings/Euros...

Here are Fowlers ratings: 56 50 96 85 66 87 99 72 45 72 65 69 55 55 55 80

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
euros/retirees and a couple trades.

all the prelim ratings are in and udfa etc. created.

you can find ratings for players in the 2013 folder now (the main one from the front page)

from the www.hfnhl.com/2012/Index.html file you can find the unassigned players list, which has the prelim rookie ratings.

Are the ratings on the Unassigned List supposed to match those in the file posted in the Yahoo group? In reviewing some of my rookies Ellerby has different ratings and Despres & Lander aren't even listed on the Unassigned List.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
No. Just like any other player in the same situation in the past.

For some reason I'd had in mind that it was at the GM's option at release time - i.e. you could release a player who hadn't played, but they would not be forcibly moved from your roster to your prospect list unless a) they suffered a season-eliminating injury, b) they retired (in which case they'd be released wholesale), or c) they played overseas. If Ohlund and Johnson were not injured, did not play overseas, and did not retire they would be available at the GM's discretion. That plus the fact that, in my case, Johnson was listed as an eligible FA in the league lists, was enough to make me offer him a contract on the understanding that he'd be eligible for the HFNHL this season.

But hey, I readily acknowledge that my memory is far from the best, so I'm open to clarification.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Are the ratings on the Unassigned List supposed to match those in the file posted in the Yahoo group? In reviewing some of my rookies Ellerby has different ratings and Despres & Lander aren't even listed on the Unassigned List.

Yes. They are supposed to. There are either import errors or spelling differences in the names.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
For some reason I'd had in mind that it was at the GM's option at release time - i.e. you could release a player who hadn't played, but they would not be forcibly moved from your roster to your prospect list unless a) they suffered a season-eliminating injury, b) they retired (in which case they'd be released wholesale), or c) they played overseas. If Ohlund and Johnson were not injured, did not play overseas, and did not retire they would be available at the GM's discretion. That plus the fact that, in my case, Johnson was listed as an eligible FA in the league lists, was enough to make me offer him a contract on the understanding that he'd be eligible for the HFNHL this season.

But hey, I readily acknowledge that my memory is far from the best, so I'm open to clarification.

Is there a definitive answer to this, as it effects who Matthew has to move to prospect lists?

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Is there a definitive answer to this, as it effects who Matthew has to move to prospect lists?

The GM's option has been the time to bring them back after they played their next pro game - i.e. a player would not forrcibly be moved back to your roster if he returned to hockey.
As an example Paul Ranger was moved to the prospect list once he had a full season of not playing in the NHL. And we've had retired and euro players every year on those FA lists.
And as for Öhlund he was and still is injured, so he's in the same situation as Marc Savard, etc.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
The GM's option has been the time to bring them back after they played their next pro game - i.e. a player would not forrcibly be moved back to your roster if he returned to hockey.
As an example Paul Ranger was moved to the prospect list once he had a full season of not playing in the NHL. And we've had retired and euro players every year on those FA lists.
And as for Öhlund he was and still is injured, so he's in the same situation as Marc Savard, etc.

Bummer. Doubly so for Tampa, of course - we both might have bid differently in free agency had we realized, and God knows he needs the help icing a complete roster...

Oh well.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Okay -

EUROS/RETIREES - DONE
TRADES - DONE
UDFA - DONE
THIS THREAD - DONE
FREE AGENTS - DONE
ROOKIE SIGNINGS - DONE

ERRORS - POINT THEM OUT! Thanks.

Last edited:

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica

Despres and Lander are in the sim. Not sure why they're not showing up on the unassigned. Ellerby's ratings are correct per my files.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Okay -

EUROS/RETIREES - DONE
TRADES - DONE
UDFA - DONE
THIS THREAD - DONE
FREE AGENTS - DONE
ROOKIE SIGNINGS - DONE

ERRORS - POINT THEM OUT! Thanks.

For the Panthers, our 2 2nd round UFA signings, Jason Blake and Brian Rolston are absent. Perhaps you missed the 2nd round guys Matt?

Also, just noticed that Marc Savard is still on the team's prospect list. He was supposed to be part of the team's prospect releases back when it happened.

Thanks for all your hard work this offseason man. You're the best.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Another thing for the Wild, we didn't resign Arron Asham. He should be a UFA.

We also signed D Randy Jones.

Oh I just figured it out - I tried a new trick - updating contracts in the xls import files - but I forgot to move players to the right teams... that's why the second round of FA is messed up. I'll fix it tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad