HFNHL Off Season Sim God Thread

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Sorry guys - I still can't upload the files and despite repeated appeals I have not had any response from the web admin. We may have lost hfnhl.com. I am presently setting up a secondary sight and simming will resume this afternoon.

Fooladelfia

Nov 11, 2007
Sorry guys - I still can't upload the files and despite repeated appeals I have not had any response from the web admin. We may have lost hfnhl.com. I am presently setting up a secondary sight and simming will resume this afternoon.

Like a real Mancester City fan.... :sarcasm: what a Fiasco Balotelli

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Maybe the season should actually be cancelled. I hate to suggest it, but maybe it should.

It looked like we might be able to get started back in October but people have been busy and we're in December now and ratings challenges haven't even been announced yet. With the holiday's around the corner I imagine we would be looking at an early January start time at best. An already condensed schedule will likely be even more hectic as Matt is tied up with various work and personal things in the coming months.

PasiK

Jun 11, 2007
Paimio, Finland
Maybe the season should actually be cancelled. I hate to suggest it, but maybe it should.

It looked like we might be able to get started back in October but people have been busy and we're in December now and ratings challenges haven't even been announced yet. With the holiday's around the corner I imagine we would be looking at an early January start time at best. An already condensed schedule will likely be even more hectic as Matt is tied up with various work and personal things in the coming months.

No need to cancel season, it can be simmed in a day, or even better, in two days, then we have short time to do all season trades in between of sim days

:D

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
I don't think we're at the point where we need to cancel the season. THe NHL isn't at that point either, and we can make up time far easier than the real world can.

Semi-serious question - can we shorten the schedule in the HFNHL sim, for example to mimic the NHL schedule if/when the lockout is over.

More serious question - has anybody ever seen a more ridiculous and pointless labour dispute than the current one?

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
I don't think we're at the point where we need to cancel the season. THe NHL isn't at that point either, and we can make up time far easier than the real world can.

Semi-serious question - can we shorten the schedule in the HFNHL sim, for example to mimic the NHL schedule if/when the lockout is over.

More serious question - has anybody ever seen a more ridiculous and pointless labour dispute than the current one?

That wouldn't be a problem, if the HFNHL decided to go that route. Might be easier, and actually more accurate to real-life. But that's up to the admin.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
We will be making final judgements on the ratings challenge/endorsement process. Once that is done we will have a few days for GM actions and then the regular season will start.

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
From the endorsements mail sent on Dec 21st. "The deadline for submission of endorsements is Sunday, January 6th at 11:59 p.m. ET. Please post a response with the team name and the endorsement(s) you would like to participate in."

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
This actually only seems to have been sent to the admin email not the main group email...

Yep. That draft was submitted to the admin team for review and comment. The date was based on an earlier timetable for challenges than has occurred, since some teams may want to see the challenge results before committing to endorsements.

The date will be revised and the endorsement details will be posted and emailed tonight.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Ratings challenges results are coming in - I'm updating the files now - some of these updates will continue over the weekend - I will also update trades, free agent signings and a few other clerical bits and bobs....

I'll publish a schedule today - both in the league and also for us. Looks like we can start simming on Monday boys and Alvaro.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
Great stuff. I did notice that T.J. Brodie accidently got made as a center instead of a defenseman. Can that be updated? Also should Clayton Stoner still be a rookie?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad