HFNHL GM Meeting

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Yes please. We try to arrange it around dates when out-of-town GMs are going to be in T.O. So, who's coming to the Big Smoke in the next few weeks?

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I will let you know my next trip in the next few weeks. I'm due to take Kruegs out for a post-birthday drink as it is, so this could be well timed.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
The deadline approaches, gentlemen (albeit a bit confusingly since the schedule for the All Star game and voting has gotten a little out of sync - we'll sort that out today). Time to gather in T.O. to raise a pint or several, and try and take advantage of really drunk GMs. In TRADES, Alvaro, not in... whatever you were thinking. ;)

I'm going to suggest this Saturday, February 18th, at Harbour Sports Grill. (RealSports was cool and all, but a little on the loud side for casual conversation.)

Does this work for you guys? Anybody going to be in town in the next couple of weeks who would like to suggest an alternate date? Friday the 17th is out for me, but if it works for the majority of you then by all means go ahead.

***EDIT: Since we seem to have at least a few GMs in or near NYC (I'm including you in Philly, Matt!), maybe you guys would like to arrange a similar gathering -- we could totally geek out and set up a Skype to make it a cross-border booze-up. :cheers:

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Umm. It's a bogus long weekend that weekend. But I'm in for having a drink to celebrate our 40ths

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
We might get a reprieve, as we're having to adjust the sim schedule to make up for the fact that All Star voting isn't complete yet. That could potentially push it to the following weekend, Friday the 24th or Saturday the 25th. Will update soonest.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
Yours too? Mine and Kershaw's this month as well. Bloody hell, but we look fabulous for a bunch of old farts. Might as well celebrate "Family Day" with our HFNHL family!

mine too ... but not until October ... when did we get old? what the hell!

HFNHL blogger

Jul 28, 2010
thehfnhlnews.blogspot.com
I don't know about you guys but I've done it before in another league and it worked out great. On the 24th the Majors play Niagara in Mississauga or Brampton plays Belleville in Brampton. I think getting to see some of our prospects and futures draftees would be cool followed by some pints at a local watering hole. Or this Friday Brampton and Mississauga play in Mississauga.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
We might get a reprieve, as we're having to adjust the sim schedule to make up for the fact that All Star voting isn't complete yet. That could potentially push it to the following weekend, Friday the 24th or Saturday the 25th. Will update soonest.

My birthday is the 25th.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
I don't know about you guys but I've done it before in another league and it worked out great. On the 24th the Majors play Niagara in Mississauga or Brampton plays Belleville in Brampton. I think getting to see some of our prospects and futures draftees would be cool followed by some pints at a local watering hole. Or this Friday Brampton and Mississauga play in Mississauga.

If we can work it out with the ASG/Trade Deadline scheduling, so much the better, but I think it's a terrific idea. The only question will be whether the guys from downtown and the East will be able/willing to make the trek across to Mississauga or Brampton in time for a game.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Ultimately, my plan is still to make it up for one of the shindigs in T.O., but I'd probably need more than a week's notice.

Besides, it's been way too long since I've been in Toronto, and I need to chow down on some corned beef with Dry. Of course, just for laughs, we could always meet at some bar in Rochester, which I roughly approximate as being the center of the HFNHL universe. ;-)

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
If we can work it out with the ASG/Trade Deadline scheduling, so much the better, but I think it's a terrific idea. The only question will be whether the guys from downtown and the East will be able/willing to make the trek across to Mississauga or Brampton in time for a game.

I've moved the Trade Deadline into March because it will be closer (in Game Day terms) to the actual NHL trade deadline - that should give you time to get your trades negotiated. I'm sorry I won't be around - we should actually plan a GM meeting at next years Draft or All Star weekend venues...

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
So, gentlemen... Niagara @ Mississauga Friday 24th @ 7:30? Or would guys want to try Sunday afternoon? Erie @ Mississauga or Sault Ste. Marie @ Brampton, 2:00 PM?

Alternatively, we can just go with our usual, head down to Harbour Sports Grill on Saturday night Feb 25th for the Caps @ Leafs (playoff implications!).

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
So, gentlemen... Niagara @ Mississauga Friday 24th @ 7:30? Or would guys want to try Sunday afternoon? Erie @ Mississauga or Sault Ste. Marie @ Brampton, 2:00 PM?

Alternatively, we can just go with our usual, head down to Harbour Sports Grill on Saturday night Feb 25th for the Caps @ Leafs (playoff implications!).

I can do the saturday or sunday. Assuming my dad can saturday. Sunday if it is brampton i could find my way there and back. Friday i cant but if it works for everyone else then enjoy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad