HFNHL Draft Lottery

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
I have no stake in this so I don't care, but what was the reason for the shift away from doing our own lottery?

As I recall, the primary issues were the difficulty in exactly replicating the NHL's lottery process and percentage outcomes, and the slight inconvenience of having to generate the number and the reference list indenepdently to ensure no bias in the result. This solution (have the same position win the HFNHL lottery as wins the NHL lottery) resolved both issues.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
As I recall, the primary issues were the difficulty in exactly replicating the NHL's lottery process and percentage outcomes, and the slight inconvenience of having to generate the number and the reference list indenepdently to ensure no bias in the result. This solution (have the same position win the HFNHL lottery as wins the NHL lottery) resolved both issues.

Actually, I think in years prior, I handled all sides of the equation and no one ever complained. I'd like to think that I'd be the last person to ever be accused of rigging an outcome.

That said, I'm all for taking the human element out of the equation and using the NHL's lottery results. There's not a whole lot of mystery to be found in Excel's "RAND" function, in my book. :)

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
So right now, we're looking at this first round draft order of the top 14.

1. Atlanta Thrashers
2. Chicago Blackhawks
3. Carolina Hurricanes (via New York Islanders)
4. Minnesota Wild
5. Anaheim Ducks
6. Carolina Hurricanes
7. Carolina Hurricanes (via Tampa Bay Lightning)
8. Phoenix Coyotes
9. Washington Capitals
10. Montreal Canadiens (via Calgary Flames)
11. Los Angeles Kings
12. Montreal Canadiens
13. Pittsburgh Penguins
14. Detroit Red Wings

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Just as a reminder, as Phoenix missed the playoffs, the PHX3 09 pick belongs to Colorado.

To PHX: PHX 2nd 2008, PHX 3rd 2008, COL 7th 2009
To COL: PR Oskar Osala, PR Jonas Ahnelov, MTL 4th 2008, PHI 6th 2008, SJS 7th 2008, Future Considerations*
*If the Phoenix Coyotes make the playoffs in 2008-2009, Colorado receives PHX 3rd 2010. If the Phoenix Coyotes miss the playoffs, Colorado has the right to choose PHX 3rd 2010 or PHX 3rd 2009.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
So right now, we're looking at this first round draft order of the top 14.

1. Atlanta Thrashers
2. Chicago Blackhawks
3. Carolina Hurricanes (via New York Islanders)
4. Minnesota Wild
5. Anaheim Ducks
6. Carolina Hurricanes
7. Carolina Hurricanes (via Tampa Bay Lightning)
8. Phoenix Coyotes
9. Washington Capitals
10. Montreal Canadiens (via Calgary Flames)
11. Los Angeles Kings
12. Montreal Canadiens
13. Pittsburgh Penguins
14. Detroit Red Wings

Wow, Carolina is going to get a great triumverate of players there.

Default101

Just as a reminder, as Phoenix missed the playoffs, the PHX3 09 pick belongs to Colorado.

To PHX: PHX 2nd 2008, PHX 3rd 2008, COL 7th 2009
To COL: PR Oskar Osala, PR Jonas Ahnelov, MTL 4th 2008, PHI 6th 2008, SJS 7th 2008, Future Considerations*
*If the Phoenix Coyotes make the playoffs in 2008-2009, Colorado receives PHX 3rd 2010. If the Phoenix Coyotes miss the playoffs, Colorado has the right to choose PHX 3rd 2010 or PHX 3rd 2009.

Yes i've been meaning to ask you about that, i'm assuming with my placing you'd want my 3rd in 09 instead of 10, but i was hoping i could find out before going into the draft waht i have to work wtih :)

Also there was another future consideration on the Naslund deal, but i would have had to make the playoffs last year or this year to give up anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad