HFNHL Draft Lottery

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Ok, guys....

Not sure if we're going in this direction or not yet (waiting on a last minute ruling from the commish), but we may be going in a new direction with the draft lottery this year. Because our seasons have usually run longer than the NHL's and the NHL's lottery has taken place while our seasons have been still underway, we haven't had the opportunity to do this.

What we'd like to do is use the NHL lottery results to determine ours. I.E. if the 5th worst NHL team wins, the 5th worst team in the HFNHL wins it.

NOTE: If we do not get a ruling on this in time because of the short notice, we will continue with the way we have traditionally done it. I will be posting here to confirm what our approach will be before the NHL's lottery results are announced tonight (starting at 8:00PM) so there is no confusion.

HFNHL
1. Thrashers
2. Capitals
3. Canadiens
4. Kings
5. Islanders
6. Blackhawks
7. Coyotes
8. Rangers
9. Ducks
10. Lightning
11. Bruins
12. Sharks
13. Jackets
14. Predators

NHL
1. Tampa Bay
2. Los Angeles
3. Atlanta
4. St. Louis
5. NY Islanders
6. Columbus
7. Toronto
8. Phoenix
9. Panthers
10. Canucks
11. Blackhawks
12. Oilers
13. Sabres
14. Hurricanes

Last edited:

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Tampa wins the NHL lottery, so the HFNHL Thrashers get the first pick in our draft.

1. Thrashers
2. Capitals
3. Canadiens
4. Kings
5. Islanders
6. Blackhawks
7. Coyotes
8. Rangers
9. Ducks
10. Lightning
11. Bruins
12. Sharks
13. Jackets
14. Predators

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Bruins pick 11th

(AP) Beantown: Boston will pick 11th in this years HFNHL draft. GM Kruegs stated he was not impressed with their position, stating they should have been picking in the high teens. However, due to the unpredictable governance of that virtual Grand Poohbah - the SIM - the Bruins were bumped out of playoff contention and have been stricken with an 11th round pick. Fans and management are unimpressed. Two years removed from their presidents trophy, this franchise is rebuilding, but patience is not a virtue of the GM and he will not tolerate such a low draft pick next year. The squad will get better.

Bobby Orr
Boston Globe

ThrashersGM

Dec 14, 2006
whoohoo, Looks like Stamkos and Voracek will be the bright future of the new Thrashers. I got Carolina's first pick too, but he went and won the division, what a spoiler.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
....bump....are we doing this again this year?

I'd say that because the NHL Draft Lottery is already over, we'll come up with another way to do our lottery. Otherwise the 'mystique' of it goes out the window, per say, because the Isles won the lottery (last place team) in the NHL, meaning the Thrashers would win it in ours.

It would be nice to have some sort of event out of it, even if its rolling the dice, or what be it.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
I'd say that because the NHL Draft Lottery is already over, we'll come up with another way to do our lottery. Otherwise the 'mystique' of it goes out the window, per say, because the Isles won the lottery (last place team) in the NHL, meaning the Thrashers would win it in ours.

It would be nice to have some sort of event out of it, even if its rolling the dice, or what be it.

I respectfully disagree: while it lacks in drama since the NHL results are already known (and the least dramatic result occured), I think it's important to be consistent in our methodology, for fairness' sake.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
I have no stake in this so I don't care, but what was the reason for the shift away from doing our own lottery?

I loved our system back in 2003 and 2004. Eric Staal and Evgeny Malkin look a fair bit better than Lauri Tukonen and Dustin Brown or something.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Hedman or Duchesne Dryden? I know you need a dman more but something makes me think taking a softy (my own opinion) like Hedman isn't your type of guy.

Thats a tough one. I broke my anti-European stance last year and drafted two of them who I think have a very strong chance at being solid players. Hedman, would be hard to pass up though Duchesne is looking real good. Maybe the Thrashers would make it easier on me by taking Hedman instead. ;)

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Thats a tough one. I broke my anti-European stance last year and drafted two of them who I think have a very strong chance at being solid players. Hedman, would be hard to pass up though Duchesne is looking real good. Maybe the Thrashers would make it easier on me by taking Hedman instead. ;)

Hedman and Ericsson would make quite the giant bad ass Swedish defensive pairing down the road

ThrashersGM

Dec 14, 2006
Whoo Hooo!

Well the gig is up, maybe Traveres, Hedman or Duschene, I'll let you know at the draft, hehe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad