HFJets Wagon Jumpers

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
San Jose and Florida!

I've been messing around in gimp and I've got some ideas for simple bandwagon avatars too. If something comes from it I'll make a thread.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I'm cheering against Chicago to loose in the 1st round. I'd rather have a 21st overall instead of 30th, in exchange for a 3rd, if they win the Cup.

Yea, you can trade from low20s to late 20s and get a late 2nd anyways

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I generally agree with people that Chicago out in the first round would be better than 30th and an extra 3rd.

But... I do believe there is a point where that 3rd is better.
For me 15 - 22 is better than 30 + the 3rd.
But somewhere between 23 and 29 I think that value falls off.

i.e. I would rather have 30th and the 3rd than just 28th for example.
Once your at that point in the draft teams will have players remaining ranked differently and the extra couple of spots may not change who you pick.

What do other people think?

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I generally agree with people that Chicago out in the first round would be better than 30th and an extra 3rd.

But... I do believe there is a point where that 3rd is better.
For me 15 - 22 is better than 30 + the 3rd.
But somewhere between 23 and 29 I think that value falls off.

i.e. I would rather have 30th and the 3rd than just 28th for example.
Once your at that point in the draft teams will have players remaining ranked differently and the extra couple of spots may not change who you pick.

What do other people think?

Rather have the higher 1st. The higher the pick the higher the probability of them being an NHLer. If I have my eye on DeBrincat. No way he lasts to pick 30. Not worth the trade up price for an extra 3rd rounder in 2018.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
Higher first for me, as well. So, hopefully Chicago gets KO'd by Dallas or The Lou.

I have no horse in the race with the Jets and the rest of Canada on the sidelines.

I'll probably be most tuned in to the Penguins. Crosby and Malkin look like thy are beginning to get that big V8 engine revved up. I like how the Kings play out west, so I'll likely watch their games.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I don't care. I want Chicago to lose in their first round matchup because of our pick. Other than that, I don't care at all this year.

I'll hope Arsenal will have a strong end of the season to win the PL. Other than that I'll be waiting for the Euro 2016 in France. I want those consecutive World champion and European champion titles.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I won't be jumping on anyone's wagon. Once the Jets' season is officially over, I don't expect the follow the playoffs at all. I might check in come June to see who won the cup.

Agree ... all of Canada should ignore the NHL and then maybe Bettman will get the message ... the NHL needs Canadian teams in the playoffs ... stop with the BS calls against them especially the Jets.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Going against the grain. I've always enjoyed watching the Hawks because of the Winnipeg connection. Ladd just adds one more reason to cheer for them. I'll probably pick a 2nd underdog team as well, but haven't decided who yet.

Guilty Party

Healthy Scratch 4lyfe
Jan 28, 2013
ThunderBay
Boston
:heart: Don Sweeney :heart: Lee Stempniak :heart:
After last summer, how can you not have a soft spot in your heart for Don Sweeney?
Any success they have hopefully gives Sweeney more job security and I'm all for that!

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Wheat Kings!

Blue Jays! :p:

I'm just the opposite. I don't care about that 3rd rounder, I want them to fall like a stone and get knocked out in round1 to improve our 1st round pick.

In general, I always cheer for Boston and against LA.

I am the same. Ladd winning and that 3rd rounder would be okay, but a low 20's pick beats a 30th and a 3rd rounder in 2018 IMO.

I will go with Washington. Always liked them and really want Ovi to win a cup.

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013
Soccer - cheering the men's soccer team as they try to qualify for the World Cup. There's a big game tomorrow (Friday) against Mexico.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Boston
:heart: Don Sweeney :heart: Lee Stempniak :heart:
After last summer, how can you not have a soft spot in your heart for Don Sweeney?
Any success they have hopefully gives Sweeney more job security and I'm all for that!

Its so weird you say that. I feel like I've been pulling for the Bruins to do something this year, and a big part of it comes from feeling sorry for Bruins fans. That draft fiasco was truly something else.

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
Chicago. Have a soft spot for that city. So much good music... and since they got Toews seems like a good hockey town again. (Pretty easy to cheer when you win all those cups but still they are an Original 6). Even though I've heard he's kind of a ****, Toews still a Winnipeg kid so nice to see him improve his legacy. Good for Ladd too. But if they don't win the cup I will have wished they were out first round.

In the East - hope its Washington or Florida.

Ovie deserves a damn cup already - though I will feel pretty bad for Laich - hopefully next year Toronto gives him something to look forward to.

Florida - would be nice to see Jagr get it. He's still a machine but still can't see him playing more than 2 years after this.

L.A. also don't mind mainly because of LeCavalier. I like seeing old guys get a chance to retire on top.

---

Bandwagon order: Chicago, Washington, Florida and then maybe LA.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Chicago, just for Ladd.

HOWEVER, if Luongo gets injured / comes up lame / gets pulled / whatever to start their first series, I'll be cheering for Al Montoya to lead the Panthers to a miracle cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00