HFFHL Sign Up Thread

Aela*

I'm probably in as the London Knights.

Will let you know if I can't, there might be other fantasy stuff starting up soon.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Forgive me others if I've forgotten, but these I recall from past drafts as guys I'd go to game with any time:

CBJ All The Way
DonutLee
papershoes
How Ya Drouin
Dr John Carlson
TheNudge
LatvianTwist

:yo: We've got... "CORE systems transfer control to probe craft,... launch when ready!"

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress
I'm probably in as the London Knights.

Will let you know if I can't, there might be other fantasy stuff starting up soon.

Not sure this can fly, people in this league will be dedicating a lot of time and effort into this and for me to admit a half in GM wont work. Looking for fully committed GMs, let me know once your 110% In

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress
Forgive me others if I've forgotten, but these I recall from past drafts as guys I'd go to game with any time:

CBJ All The Way
DonutLee
papershoes
How Ya Drouin
Dr John Carlson
TheNudge
LatvianTwist

:yo: We've got... "CORE systems transfer control to probe craft,... launch when ready!"

great roster so far, cant wait to get this thing rolling!

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
Ok guys, we will be using categories as it forces you to balance your team and promotes strategy

Exactly, it also bring a certain authencity to the pool which is extremly important. We need to be able to distinct ourself from the other leagues. Too many scoring league and not enough of Categories league.

Here's a exemple of the cats we are using in one of my league;

G- A -PT- -/+ - PIM- SOG- GWG - STP- Hit - BLK- FOW - TOI-SH

Then we have the following for goalies

W-GAA-SV %- Sho- Min played

Here's my first match of the playoff

Team---G-A-Pt- -/+ - PIM-SOG-GWG-STP-Hit-BLK-FOW-PK----W-GAA-%-Sho-Min P
Portland-9-21-30- -7- 32--128--2----5---79-55--135--110:26-1-2.26-.944-0-79:37
Colorado-12-25-37- 3-18-119---1---11--74-52--61---56:57--4-2.78-.899-0-367:08

like you can see Portland(me) won it by a score of 9.5 to 7.5

I even bench Steve Mason during that league for multiple reason such as he bring a higher GAA and lower Save % which i needed to win. So Bernier was my guy and I called up a minor league to be my back up. By the way i was playing vs Rask and Lack so I knew I was losing the Win and Min played so why risk my other stats. We also had a 110 game max for goalies combine for season +playoff. So if you have two starter playing 60 games then you would be over before going into the playoff. So I was close to the max aloud which made my decision easier.

So those are some strategy you will be making if we use heads up match up instead of just scoring.

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress
Exactly, it also bring a certain authencity to the pool which is extremly important. We need to be able to distinct ourself from the other leagues. Too many scoring league and not enough of Categories league.

Here's a exemple of the cats we are using in one of my league;

G- A -PT- -/+ - PIM- SOG- GWG - STP- Hit - BLK- FOW - TOI-SH

Then we have the following for goalies

W-GAA-SV %- Sho- Min played

Here's my first match of the playoff

Team---G-A-Pt- -/+ - PIM-SOG-GWG-STP-Hit-BLK-FOW-PK----W-GAA-%-Sho-Min P
Portland-9-21-30- -7- 32--128--2----5---79-55--135--110:26-1-2.26-.944-0-79:37
Colorado-12-25-37- 3-18-119---1---11--74-52--61---56:57--4-2.78-.899-0-367:08

like you can see Portland(me) won it by a score of 9.5 to 7.5

I even bench Steve Mason during that league for multiple reason such as he bring a higher GAA and lower Save % which i needed to win. So Bernier was my guy and I called up a minor league to be my back up. By the way i was playing vs Rask and Lack so I knew I was losing the Win and Min played so why risk my other stats. We also had a 110 game max for goalies combine for season +playoff. So if you have two starter playing 60 games then you would be over before going into the playoff. So I was close to the max aloud which made my decision easier.

So those are some strategy you will be making if we use heads up match up instead of just scoring.

good lord, thats pretty intense! Just need a few more GMs

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
all the different stats, blocked shots?

It may seem alot but it work and it's soo much fun. You think I won by chance ? I study is team and I knew which player to bench and not to.

During that game Lecavlier was bench for Zubrus since Zubrus was giving me more PK time and PIM and I knew I needed to win those cats to have a fighting chance even tho I was the 3rd best team and he was the 14th best team. I still had to fight to win the match up. Like I said it soo much fun having a league with soo much diversity in the cats. Everyone could have different strategies, some may work and won't. That's what soo fun of having a league like this.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I'm in as the Ontario Huskies
233px-Connecticut_Huskies.svg.png

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress
Would anyone be opposed to a 14 team league, I figure the best GMs check this forum everyday and have already seen this thread, at which point they knew if they wanted to join or not. So I figure we already have the best GMs in town, if we went with 14 we would only need 1 more

donut

Sep 5, 2012
Looking at all the suggestions, I really wanna know how the points system will work. If things get too technical like counting ice time, shots blocked, etc etc, I'm gonna drop outta this. Not a big fan of leagues like that. I'm okay with the bigger sub categories like plus minus, shots etc etc but not the little detail ones if you catch my drift. Keep me posted please and thanks.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
Yeah for sure, heres how are stats will look.

Skaters
Goals
Assists
+/-
PIM
PPP
GWG
FOW
ATOI
SOG
Hits
Blocked Shots

Goalies
Wins
GAA
SV%

I'm a big fan of having multi categories and I feel you get the best out of a gm to have them all. But I get that some are afraid of such challenge. By the way what ATOI ? Are we at least going to have max aloud for games for goalies ? Also have a certain amount of total games for the team you need to reach. Cause most of my league we have a minimum games we need to reach before we can secure our draft pick.

Hopefully I'm not scaring anyone off.

By the way the perfect number for such a league is either 16 o 18. Why 16 cause that mean half of the league will make the playoff compare to 75% with 14 gm.

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress
I'm a big fan of having multi categories and I feel you get the best out of a gm to have them all. But I get that some are afraid of such challenge. By the way what ATOI ? Are we at least going to have max aloud for games for goalies ? Also have a certain amount of total games for the team you need to reach. Cause most of my league we have a minimum games we need to reach before we can secure our draft pick.

Hopefully I'm not scaring anyone off.

By the way the perfect number for such a league is either 16 o 18. Why 16 cause that mean half of the league will make the playoff compare to 75% with 14 gm.

No max on goalies or games

donut

Sep 5, 2012
What's ATOI and I don't mind having either 14 or 16, which ever one the majority wants lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad