HFFHL Sign Up Thread

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress
HFFHL​

Hey folks, after successfully starting up a dynasty football and baseball league here on HF id like to extend the network to hockey. Around this time most of us here on this forum participated in Joey Moss' draft, unfortunately days before the NHL was set to kick off he disappeared. This left me without a fantasy hockey league for the season. As unfortunate as it was I tried to move along and do a live draft on ESPN with a few guys from the collapsed league. Due to the lack investment in the league many went ghost. Im here now to do it up right, this site needs a legitimate league with active GMs that truly care about the welfare of the league and truly enjoy spending time on fantasy hockey.

This will be dynasty league. In case you don't know what a dynasty league is, its similar to a keeper league in which you keep players on a year by year basis, but in a dynasty league you keep all of your players and assets throughout the seasons. Heres how id like this to go, id like to conduct the inaugural draft in the coming week, after that id like to conduct our entry draft right around the time of the actual NHL Entry draft, then at that point we will await the start of the 2014- 2015 NHL season.

Rules

Team

- 12 Forwards
- 6 Defenseman
- 1 Starting Goalie
- 1 Backup Goalie
- 10 Bench (To Simulate a Minor League Team)

Rules

- ESPN will handle stats
- Still debating whether to use point scoring or category based

Skaters
Goals
Assists
+/-
PIM
PPP
GWG
FOW
ATOI
SOG
Hits
Blocked Shots

Goalies
Wins
GAA
SV%

This is the most important thing, don't even think of trying to join this league if you have any doubts of your ability to be active. It only takes one person to ruin a league, please only join if you truly have a love for GMing and know that you will be on to take care of GM activities everyday. You guys will decide how good this league will be. I have the right to automatically decline a potential GM based on bad reviews. Ideally id like to have 16 GMs but I will only take promising GMs, so if thats only 10, thats fine, we will roll on and have a great league.

If interested in joining please post post your desired team name (City, Mascot) your scoring preference and any questions.

Team | HF Boards Columbus Patriots | CBJ All The Way Seattle Rangers | NYR89 Lake Erie Monsters | o3eV L3GENDzZ Denmark Donuts | DonutLee San Francisco Seals | papershoes Quebec Nordiques | How Ya Drouin Vermont Cats | VanIslander Chicoutimi Youppis | reffree London Knights | Aela Toronto Solar Bears | HarrisonFord Nova Scotia Potholes | Dr John Carlson Windsor Misery | TheNudge Washington Stealth | LatvianTwist Ontario Huskies | BoldNewLettuce

Last edited:

NYR89

Jul 29, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
HFFHL​

Hey folks, after successfully starting up a dynasty football and baseball league here on HF id like to extend the network to hockey. Around this time most of us here on this forum participated in Joey Moss' draft, unfortunately days before the NHL was set to kick off he disappeared. This left me without a fantasy hockey league for the season. As unfortunate as it was I tried to move along and do a live draft on ESPN with a few guys from the collapsed league. Due to the lack investment in the league many went ghost. Im here now to do it up right, this site needs a legitimate league with active GMs that truly care about the welfare of the league and truly enjoy spending time on fantasy hockey.

This will be dynasty league. In case you don't know what a dynasty league is, its similar to a keeper league in which you keep players on a year by year basis, but in a dynasty league you keep all of your players and assets throughout the seasons. Heres how id like this to go, id like to conduct the inaugural draft in the coming week, after that id like to conduct our entry draft right around the time of the actual NHL Entry draft, then at that point we will await the start of the 2014- 2015 NHL season.

Rules

Team

- 12 Forwards
- 6 Defenseman
- 1 Starting Goalie
- 1 Backup Goalie
- 10 Bench (To Simulate a Minor League Team)

Rules

- ESPN will handle stats
- Still debating whether to use point scoring or category based

This is the most important thing, don't even think of trying to join this league if you have any doubts of your ability to be active. It only takes one person to ruin a league, please only join if you truly have a love for GMing and know that you will be on to take care of GM activities everyday. You guys will decide how good this league will be. I have the right to automatically decline a potential GM based on bad reviews. Ideally id like to have 16 GMs but I will only take promising GMs, so if thats only 10, thats fine, we will roll on and have a great league.

If interested in joining please post post your desired team name (City, Mascot) your scoring preference and any questions.

Definitely in. Thanks for the heads up with the PM. I'll go with Seattle Rangers (or New York Rangers if you want real teams). I prefer the points route compared to categories, but either works.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I had been in Joey Moss' league for two years and it's too bad he didn't do a third. But, oh well. As long as there is one ongoing league to BUILD and MAINTAIN and follow along as one goes through the hockey year, that's good enough for me.

I'll manage the Vermont Cats:
uvm-hockey.jpeg

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress
Great! Happy to see a lot of familiar faces in here and look forward to meeting new ones, with that being said, assuming we fill the league by tomorrow I'd like to commence the draft on Saturday, wanted to give you guys a heads up.

Thanks!

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
I'm in

Kingston Kings :)

Can I get a link or something to the ESPN thing. For the point thing i dont care!

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress
Bo, CC and Cucumber, unfortunately you guys are either to fresh or have had a few off the field issues and for those reasons we can not have you apart of the league, if you have any further questions PM me

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
I'm in

I'll take the Windsor Misery... Don't be scared I left Kathy Bates at home. So just let me win and you'll never need to see her. LOL!!

By the way I hope we are using the category league option. I prefer playing heads up match up and using categories style league. This way it's much more realistic. This is very important to know before we start drafting since if we are using hits and block I need to know before we draft.

Last edited:

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress
I'm in

I'll take the Windsor Misery... Don't be scared I left Kathy Bates at home. So just let me win and you'll never need to see her. LOL!!

By the way I hope we are using the category league option. I prefer playing heads up match up and using categories style league. This way it's much more realistic. This is very important to know before we start drafting since if we are using hits and block I need to know before we draft.

im leaning towards point scoring, why do you think category scoring is so much better?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
If you're fine with it, I'd be down for joining this. Always enjoyed realistic keeper leagues.

Washington Stealth

Would prefer more than just points for the scoring system. Gives value to a wide variety of players and adds more strategy to the game from year to year.

I won't be around much until mid May, but I don't think that should be too much of a problem considering the length of this game.

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress
If you're fine with it, I'd be down for joining this. Always enjoyed realistic keeper leagues.

Washington Stealth

Would prefer more than just points for the scoring system. Gives value to a wide variety of players and adds more strategy to the game from year to year.

I won't be around much until mid May, but I don't think that should be too much of a problem considering the length of this game.

We will be drafting within a few days, will you be able to get lists in?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad