HFFHL Sign Up Thread

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
Ok guys, once we get our 14th member I will randomize the draft order then get the draft thread up, clock won't start until 12PM on Saturday

would it be possible to start the draft on monday ? Also could we use PK time instead of ATOI ?

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress
Ok, league is full, I will get the draft thread going as soon as Soon as I get time today, it will be up no later than 4. I am going to throw up a pre draft check in without PMing anyone, checking in assures your spot in the draft.

Clock will start at 12PM on Saturday

papershoes

Dec 28, 2007
Kenora, Ontario
Three quick questions:

1. Will the 12 forward slots on the active roster be broken down by position (i.e., 4 LW, 4 C, 4 RW) or, simply be 12 forward positions? Knowing this will definitely impact draft strategy…

2. In one league I was in ages ago, there was a separate prospect roster (20 prospects) alongside the bench (our minor league team). Will we be doing something similar? Or, will unsigned / non-NHL prospects take up one of our 10 bench positions?

3. Shall we post a "Roster thread" to keep track of our teams (helpful when drafting)?

Looking forward to the league...

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress
Three quick questions:

1. Will the 12 forward slots on the active roster be broken down by position (i.e., 4 LW, 4 C, 4 RW) or, simply be 12 forward positions? Knowing this will definitely impact draft strategy…

2. In one league I was in ages ago, there was a separate prospect roster (20 prospects) alongside the bench (our minor league team). Will we be doing something similar? Or, will unsigned / non-NHL prospects take up one of our 10 bench positions?

3. Shall we post a "Roster thread" to keep track of our teams (helpful when drafting)?

Looking forward to the league...

Great Questions

1. It will be listed as 12 F, position breakdown will not occur

2. There will be no minor league, you vise how you use your 10 bench slots

3. I will get the roster thread up as soon as I get home, now that I think about it, I'll have the check in thread deleted, I'll use the roster thread for that

papershoes

Dec 28, 2007
Kenora, Ontario
Great Questions

1. It will be listed as 12 F, position breakdown will not occur

2. There will be no minor league, you vise how you use your 10 bench slots

3. I will get the roster thread up as soon as I get home, now that I think about it, I'll have the check in thread deleted, I'll use the roster thread for that

Thanks.

Any way we could consider implementing a "prospect roster"? Will 10 bench spots be enough to provide both an active bench and make the entry draft (and prospects not playing in the NHL) relevant? Personally, I think stock-piling prospects and draft picks is important for a dynasty league...

Just not sure how this has worked in previous leagues.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
Thanks.

Any way we could consider implementing a "prospect roster"? Will 10 bench spots be enough to provide both an active bench and make the entry draft (and prospects not playing in the NHL) relevant? Personally, I think stock-piling prospects and draft picks is important for a dynasty league...

I gotta agree with this post. If it's a one year league then i could understand. But if you want it to become a keeper league then we should have our own minor leaguer(prospect) and picks to trade.

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress
Thanks.

Ok, I totally agree, On top of the 10 Bench spots I will give each GM the ability to own the rights of 7 prospects.

Sound good?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
What would be the guidelines for a player being able to be placed on the prospects' list? I'm assuming a set number of games played?

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
Ok, I totally agree, On top of the 10 Bench spots I will give each GM the ability to own the rights of 7 prospects.

Sound good?

The only thing, does that mean we aren't aloud to draft Drouin during the draft?
Are we having a prospect draft or everything will be mix together?

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The only thing, does that mean we aren't aloud to draft Drouin during the draft?
Are we having a prospect draft or everything will be mix together?
Simply have a rule, like: ANYone who has played in an NHL game can be drafted. A true prospect is anyone who has never played an NHL game yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad