HFBoards Top 50 Prospects Ranking #14 (closed)

• Cutter Gauthier - C/LW

• Brandt Clarke - D

• Jakob Pelletier - LW

• Matthew Savoie - C

• Lukas Reichel - C/W

• William Eklund - LW

• Dylan Guenther - RW

• Ville Heinola - D

• Alexander Holtz - RW

• Marco Rossi - C

• Matt Coronato - RW

• Shane Pinto - C

• Cole Perfetti - C/LW

• Logan Stankoven - C

• Olen Zellweger - D

• John Peterka - LW

• Dylan Holloway - C

• other (who?)

• Wyatt Johnston - C

Results are only viewable after voting.

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
What's his upside? Prime Stastny?
Don't love player comps because they never really paint a true picture. I have heard his ceiling as Panarin, Kucherov, Point but those seem lazy to me. I think in his prime he is PPG player, a top PP player who makes those around him better and players want to play with. I see Rossi in much the same way.

Reactions: majormajor

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
No he is not a burner, but his straight line speed has improved. It is the east west, cut back ability that is elite. What is truly exceptional, and what allows him to thrive at the highest level is his insane hockey IQ. He can think the game with the best of them and that allows him to be successful when put with elite players like Connor and Dubois. He really had solidified a a role on that line before being injured and totally expect him to play heavy top 6 minutes next year. @surixon any comments you can make, regarding how his play looked at the NHL level?

I encourage you to go look at some video from his play last year. you might change your mind on him. Every point he had in the NHL last year was a primary point.

Good synopsis. What Cole showed is a high level of understanding spacing at the NHL level. He would either move slightly to ensure a passing lane to him was open or he would hesitate enough with the puck to ensure a lane opened for him to get the puck through.

What was also impressive was his anticipation and positioning without the puck. He was really starting to knock down amd intercept passes through the nz ala a Mark Stone. His defensive instincts and positioning was also fairly advanced for a player his age.

As for upside Aho is my comp for him. Simular type players who generally use smarts and agility to create space and generate chances.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00