Erik Karlsson
Adam Pelech
Noah Dobson

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I think Doughty showed he still had it last year and that his poor previous few years were about having a tough time with drive on bad teams.

Chabot also an option. I think he gets undersold being on a bad team for so long.

Reactions: 4Twenty

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Am I supposed to pick thinking like a keeper league or is it just for 1 season? That makes a huge difference on how I would pick

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Serious question as I do not get to see Doughty much anymore, but is still really a top 10 dman in the league or this is more of a reputation vote? I feel like I always read people shitting on him during the season :dunno:

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Serious question as I do not get to see Doughty much anymore, but is still really a top 10 dman in the league or this is more of a reputation vote? I feel like I always read people shitting on him during the season :dunno:

I think he played like one this season, albeit for a half season, and given his age, and previous track record, I think the idea that he was phoning it in while LA was bad was pretty accurate. I think he can still bring it when it matters.

Last edited:

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Weegar's last two season's been better than probably half the remaining players to vote for. How come he's not an option yet?

Voted Letang.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
genuinely think it is hughes here, although the lack of love/votes for dahlin is interesting - would have him in the next spot or two, i think. even for just next season, 35 year old kris letang and doughty (who people were calling washed before last season) are after those guys, although still inside the top-12.

for guys to add, i think weegar and dobson are good candidates

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Hughes had a lot of assists QBing a PP that was closer to 20th in the league than to 1st.

He scored ZERO goals for that power play. A lot of touches and points on PP that while 9th OA, was in the fat middle of power plays within a couple of percent of each other.

Is getting a lot of touches on an average power play compelling to folks?

At even strength he had fewer points than guys like Theodore, Forsling, Skjei or Faulk.

Defensively he is a good puckmover with some size limitations.

I dunno. I would expect more out of a top 10 defenseman.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Hughes had a lot of assists QBing a PP that was closer to 20th in the league than to 1st.

He scored ZERO goals for that power play. A lot of touches and points on PP that while 9th OA, was in the fat middle of power plays within a couple of percent of each other.

At even strength he had fewer points than guys like Theodore, Forsling, Skjei or Faulk.

Ya I enjoy watching Hughes, and therefor want him to be successful, but I don't think he has anywhere near the impact on the outcome of a game that Doughty, Letang, Chabot have.

But hey I have McAvoy 2nd or 3rd, too, so....

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Ya I enjoy watching Hughes, and therefor want him to be successful, but I don't think he has anywhere near the impact on the outcome of a game that Doughty, Letang, Chabot have.

But hey I have McAvoy 2nd or 3rd, too, so....

Heck, what makes Hughes better than Rielly?

In fairness, I think we are in splitting hairs mode for a while and are in a big tier of "the non-elite #1D"

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon

Go look at who his even strength partner is and who he has to carry every night.

He also had some shitty luck offensively, could've garnered more ES points if not for the dozens of his shots hitting posts.

Stop underselling what he did on the powerplay. The reason why it had any level of success was due to him and Miller.

Saying he doesn't have the impact of Chabot and Letang is just being ignorant.

He definitely belongs in the top 10.

Last edited:
Reactions: Play

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Go look at who his even strength partner is and who he has to carry every night.

He also had some shitty luck offensively, could've garnered more ES points if not for the dozens of his shots hitting posts.

Stop underselling what he did on the powerplay. The reason why it had any level of success was due to him and Miller.

Saying he doesn't have the impact of Chabot and Letang is just being ignorant.

He definitely belongs in the top 10.

Miller and Hughes accounted for a lot of the points on an average powerplay. I'm not sure this is the argument in your favor you think it is.

Oh I didn't realize that Hughes was the only D on the list that had a subpar partner! My bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad