To add:
Thomas Chabot
John Carlson

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Easily Josi, guy was flirting with 100pts and has been one of the most consistent point producers over the last 7 years.

Since 2014-15, among all defensemen:

2nd in goals, only behind Burns
4th in assists, only behind Carlson, Burns and Hedman
2nd in points behind Burns

6th in PP points
10th in SH points
5th in TOI

Reactions: bert

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Took Josi but I think Letang is getting under rated in these polls and I would seriously consider him over Fox in a one year poll, also a rejuvenated Doughty who showed up last year and will hopefully be healthy.

Fox is a very good elite Dman but his PP passing doesn't tip the scales over other players for me.

RapidKnight

Dec 29, 2021
Took Josi but I think Letang is getting under rated in these polls and I would seriously consider him over Fox in a one year poll, also a rejuvenated Doughty who showed up last year and will hopefully be healthy.

Fox is a very good elite Dman but his PP passing doesn't tip the scales over other players for me.
Fox is also a really good defensive defenseman. He’s one of the best shot supressors in the league and the best defenseman at takeaways.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Fox is also a really good defensive defenseman. He’s one of the best shot supressors in the league and the best defenseman at takeaways.

He is very good defensively but Slavin has historically been better at Takeaways and has a better ratio as well.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Adam Fox over Roman "Easy Sheltered Offensive Minutes" Josi rather easily for me.

Luckily for Josi he had *checks notes* Fabbro and Carrier on his pairing so they could carry Josi.

Even I would've scored 96 points if I was sheltered like Josi

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Luckily for Josi he had *checks notes* Fabbro and Carrier on his pairing so they could carry Josi.

Even I would've scored 96 points if I was sheltered like Josi
I know your joking here, but I think it’s worth pointing out that Josi played the vast majority of his minutes with Dante Fabbro and that pairing had an ozone start rate north of 60% at 5v5. Ekholm, on the other hand, got to play most of his minutes with Alexandre Carrier and they had a 5v5 ozone start rate of 38%. All situations, Ekholm had an ozone start rate of 25% vs 59% for Josi.

Josi’s huge point totals are eye opening, but let not pretend they don’t come on the back of very sheltered deployment courtesy of Ekholm. If Josi puts up similar point totals while actually playing tough minutes, I’ll be the first one to be singing his praises...but for now, I’ll take Fox by a fairly wide margin here.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
I know your joking here, but I think it’s worth pointing out that Josi played the vast majority of his minutes with Dante Fabbro and that pairing had an ozone start rate north of 60% at 5v5. Ekholm, on the other hand, got to play most of his minutes with Alexandre Carrier and they had a 5v5 ozone start rate of 38%. All situations, Ekholm had an ozone start rate of 25% vs 59% for Josi.

Josi’s huge point totals are eye opening, but let not pretend they don’t come on the back of very sheltered deployment courtesy of Ekholm. If Josi puts up similar point totals while actually playing tough minutes, I’ll be the first one to be singing his praises...but for now, I’ll take Fox by a fairly wide margin here.
I kind of hope Josi wins this one to put you out of your misery. Seems to be painful for you to see him voted this highly.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
For me, it's Josi then Fox then Slavin then McAvoy

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I kind of hope Josi wins this one to put you out of your misery. Seems to be painful for you to see him voted this highly.
Lol Josi is very clearly going to win here. Seeing him go 3rd instead of 4th is not going to ruin my day but thanks for the concern :eyeroll:

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com

How many of Ekholm's dzone starts came after an icing? How many of Josi's? How many came after Josi's shift where Josi couldn't be deployed or after a powerplay where Josi wasn't deployed?

There's so much to ozone and dzone starts, it's not just trust in a zone.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad