HFBoards Software Update

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Formatting didn't turn out great, things are much harder to read. Also need a night theme badly.

Reactions: Lady Macbeth

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
After reading the forum for about an hour now, I feel like I'm going blind.

I was wondering what everyone was complaining about, then I remembered I have f.lux installed, which lets you customise screen brightness. I turned it off and..

hqdefault.jpg

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I was wondering what everyone was complaining about, then I remembered I have f.lux installed, which lets you customise screen brightness. I turned it off and..

hqdefault.jpg

Replying now is a bit of a mess, and there's minimal delineation between posts, making it hard to read.

Reactions: Yandover

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
I'm making a stylebot (Chrome Extension to change page styles) style, if anyone is interested when I'm done. Make suggestions if you want something

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I'm missing the icons for the threads which were easy to read at a glance already. Forum 40 looks like a Tupac + Fallout club. We're now emoji-less aren't we?

:pb: edit: nope

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
This new style is horrible, same reason I stopped visiting the Anandtech forums. Quotes, and the reply's just blend in with on another. What was wrong with the old style? It was one of the rare forums now a days you could actually distinguish sections apart real quick.

Reactions: Yandover

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Man, I really hope I'm just stuck in Mobile mode, because if not, I hate the update. I can't seem to find how to change my preferences.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Should I remove the user info below the user avatar? It would get rid of a lot of white space under most posts

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
You can 'watch' threads and then use the 'watched threads' link at the top to follow topics you want to easily keep track of at least. Helps lessen the pain of losing a lot of the at-a-glance readability of the old format.

Reactions: SniperHF

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
You can 'watch' threads and then use the 'watched threads' link at the top to follow topics you want to easily keep track of at least. Helps lessen the pain of losing a lot of the at-a-glance readability of the old format.

In every other Xenforo I'm on, this is basically how it ends up. Check the board a couple times, but then read your watched threads and alerts most of the time.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
In every other Xenforo I'm on, this is basically how it ends up. Check the board a couple times, but then read your watched threads and alerts most of the time.

If I could smite one thing, it'd be avatars as thread icons. It's just not legible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad