Salary Cap: HFB Penguins: More Kessel Threads than You Can Shake a Hotdog at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Theres a real chance JR moves Perron though if he can't nail down a spot on this team. If he's constantly bouncing around from top 6 to bottom 6 and just doesn't look like he's fitting in, i see JR using him as a trading piece for sure.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Theres a real chance JR moves Perron though if he can't nail down a spot on this team. If he's constantly bouncing around from top 6 to bottom 6 and just doesn't look like he's fitting in, i see JR using him as a trading piece for sure.

And so he should... because he sure as **** wouldn't be signing an extension here.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

the only likely reason he'd bounce to the bottom 6 is bad coaching. I'd hope that would lead to finding a new coach and not to trading Perron.

WooWooKennyWu*

Perron must go for basically what you just said.

Plus, he didn't fit in anywhere. Not gonna give him Crosby to make him a viable option

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011

Judging from MJ's interview and his usual style of trying to establish pairs of forwards to play together, I have a feeling he may be thinking of Sutter and Perron being a pair. Him saying he thinks Bennett can play LW, and Duper or Kunitz could play in the top 6 also dovetail with this. So our LW's are Duper, Plots, Kunitz, BB, our RW's are PH, Kessel, Perron, and our centers are Sid, Geno, Sutter and Sundqvist. Only leaves one 4th line RW spot, probably Rust I guess.

The man without a country seems to be Bennett, unless 4th line LW is what we're looking at for him. Which would be painful to watch.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Perron must go for basically what you just said.

Plus, he didn't fit in anywhere. Not gonna give him Crosby to make him a viable option

aside from the part where he scored 8 goals and 12 points in his first 14 games playing with Sid.

16 points in his first 24 games here. Then the fall-off to 22 in 43. But for some reason only that last bit seems to matter, despite him actually outproducing Geno over that stretch and through the playoffs. I'm assuming we aren't giving up on him though. I'm assuming you're also fine ignoring that Perron couldn't train at all last summer due to an injury.

Last edited:

WooWooKennyWu*

Offer sheet Mike Hoffman from Ottawa? - Still need to shake up Sutter, Kunitz, Perron.

I also like Huberdeau for LW option - As I think they'd be interested in Perron and Pouliot and probably Sutter as well.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Judging from MJ's interview and his usual style of trying to establish pairs of forwards to play together, I have a feeling he may be thinking of Sutter and Perron being a pair. Him saying he thinks Bennett can play LW, and Duper or Kunitz could play in the top 6 also dovetail with this. So our LW's are Duper, Plots, Kunitz, BB, our RW's are PH, Kessel, Perron, and our centers are Sid, Geno, Sutter and Sundqvist. Only leaves one 4th line RW spot, probably Rust I guess.

The man without a country seems to be Bennett, unless 4th line LW is what we're looking at for him. Which would be painful to watch.

I agree with this, and **** MJ if its how it goes. And by **** him, I mean fire him.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

Bennet - Sundqvist - Rust wouldn't be that bad for Beau. Not ideal, but it's not your typical 4th line.

WooWooKennyWu*

aside from the part where he scored 8 goals and 12 points in his first 14 games playing with Sid.

15 points in his first 23 games here. 21 in 35. Then the fall-off to 22 in 41. But for some reason only that last bit seems to matter, despite him actually outproducing Geno over that stretch and through the playoffs. I'm assuming we aren't giving up on him though.

RNH hit the nail on the head with Perron. If you put it on a tee then he can make it happen. My point with Sid exactly. When he plays with Sid and there's no LW you waste Sid to help Perron's stats. No dice.

He can't create his own shot. He's not fast. He's not solid defensively. And I can't stand that he thinks he's Billy The Kid the fastest hands in the East. Malkin will dangle you boy. Hit the road.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
RNH hit the nail on the head with Perron. If you put it on a tee then he can make it happen. My point with Sid exactly. When he plays with Sid and there's no LW you waste Sid to help Perron's stats. No dice.

He can't create his own shot. He's not fast. He's not solid defensively. And I can't stand that he thinks he's Billy The Kid the fastest hands in the East. Malkin will dangle you boy. Hit the road.

We have two of the best playmakers in the world. Actually, three now. A guy that can score when the puck is on a tee is something we absolutely want to keep around.

And what are you talking about playing with Sid with no LW? He'd be across from either Kessel or Hornqvist. He will be the lesser wing on whichever line he's on, which will make it easier for him to find open space to shoot.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh

lmfao

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013

Wasting Sid on him? Who do you think will produce more than Perron on Sid's LW? I mean, of players we actually have on our roster ofc.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Bennet - Sundqvist - Rust wouldn't be that bad for Beau. Not ideal, but it's not your typical 4th line.

ya, if the 4th line includes Sundqvist and one of the likely WBS guys in that last spot, I think Bennett would actually be fine there. Keep his minutes low and see if he can just stay healthy while playing with reasonably talented linemates.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
ya, if the 4th line includes Sundqvist and one of the likely WBS guys in that last spot, I think Bennett would actually be fine there. Keep his minutes low and see if he can just stay healthy while playing with reasonably talented linemates.
Would be interesting if Sheary looks at all viable to make the jump, try something like Sheary-Sundqvist-Bennett and ACTUALLY roll 4 lines (give them 10+ mins/game). No point in overplaying your top 6 in the regular season.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh

There was a game I went to last year, Sid and Geno both missed it. I was PISSED. David Perron proceeded to absolutely take the game over. He was the best player on the ice that night. Can't create his own shot? Guy was dancing, gliding on the ice like Malkin does. Dude has better mitts than any other winger not named Phil Kessel. 4th most skilled forward on the team. A (potentially) perfect linemate for Geno.

Jesus Christ people, what is with the unnecessary hate towards 39?? That he had a rib injury and prevented him from being the player he can be? His first 20 or so whatever games here he was everything we needed. But that's right, he is the reason we slumped down the stretch. Wasn't the fact that every single player completely **** the bed except for MAF. Perron is a pest, is skilled. He's never going to lay anyone out but he's physical. What am I missing?? Am I watching a completely different game??

I don't get it.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
There was a game I went to last year, Sid and Geno both missed it. I was PISSED. David Perron proceeded to absolutely take the game over. He was the best player on the ice that night. Can't create his own shot? Guy was dancing, gliding on the ice like Malkin does. Dude has better mitts than any other winger not named Phil Kessel. 4th most skilled forward on the team. A (potentially) perfect linemate for Geno.

Jesus Christ people, what is with the unnecessary hate towards 39?? That he had a rib injury and prevented him from being the player he can be? His first 20 or so whatever games here he was everything we needed. But that's right, he is the reason we slumped down the stretch. Wasn't the fact that every single player completely **** the bed except for MAF. Perron is a pest, is skilled. He's never going to lay anyone out but he's physical. What am I missing?? Am I watching a completely different game??

I don't get it.

No, but you're watching it as someone who knows what he's actually watching.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I will say it is slightly problematic having two slower and iffy defensive players in our top 6 in PH and Perron.

I'm not opposed to having Perron moved as part of a package for a better fit.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
No, but you're watching it as someone who knows what he's actually watching.

We have Kessel, Perron, Hornqvist, and take your pick of Plotnikov or Beau or one of the dreaded 2 Crosby BFFs as our top 6. This is the most skilled team we have had in the Crosby/Malkin era. We have FINALLY built a team the way we should have been doing all along. And now we are ******** because we have 'too much talent' need more grinders with them??? More defensively responsible players like Kunitz or Dupuis up on line 1 to drag it down?? Man there's more than one way to play defense. Are we not trying to become a possession team? If you possess the puck, the other team doesn't have it!! You don't have to play D if you are dominating in the opposing zone. Not to mention, fairly certain 'defensive awareness' or whatever you want to call it is a coachable issue and philosophy that MJ can instill. Can't teach skill.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Note with Perron that he only got injured in the last game against buffalo.

What if perron stinks even with extended top six time? That is my worry.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
the only likely reason he'd bounce to the bottom 6 is bad coaching. I'd hope that would lead to finding a new coach and not to trading Perron.

That and him getting a bigger contract than they can afford would see him being moved out.

I can't believe we're talking about Perron sticking/not sticking in the top six. You don't trade for him and give up a 1st if you don't see him in the top six.

JWells16

Nov 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
We finally get some scoring wingers for our superstar playmakers, and people want to ship out our second best goal scoring winger? We need scoring depth, and we gave up a 1st rounder for him. Unless we're getting back another scoring winger, why would we trade Perron?

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh

I don't get it.

Seriously. I remember that game, Perron was great. If Crosby/Malkin go down, it's going to be nice to have two wingers who can still carry the line. Perron is so underrated here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad