[HF REBORN] Rules and Regulations (Dead Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
With new GM connected rosters, I wanted to finally start my league. This league will have two Co-Commissioners in addition to myself, as I've come to find out, any well ran league is a full time job and no one person should carry that burden. In addition, HF REBORN will serve as a good contrast to its sister league, Prestige Worldwide, for its gameplay settings. It will also be starting at YEAR 3!

The leagues main focus is to keep INTEGRITY at the forefront. The majority of that is going to come from you, the GM's. This game is very poorly made;
It is very easy to exploit. From gameplay to free agent signings, you can gain an unfair advantage and disrupt all the fun, time, and effort of others.

This league will be ran in affect to eliminate EA's deficiencies to the best of our abilities.

With that said, this is a very private league. We only want considerate, competitive, and dedicated gms.
We've allowed time for other top end leagues like, Bluth and Prestige WorldWide, to work out the kinks and provide us with great ideas to preserve an ideal league.

We will be a well oiled machine; we'll require activity, input, dedication, and good sportsmanship out of you GM's. so if you think you can handle a league of this caliber pledge yourself now!

HF REBORN
(read this, oh and, what you wearing?)

COMMUNICATION
Rule: You are required to be an HF board user.
Rule: You are required to participate in our thread for all 'activity checks'

We will have a league chat room that we highly suggest getting involved in.
I want a chatroom that can hold the entire league at one time
In the meantime, feel free to join PRESTIGE WORLDWIDE CHAT, under your hfboard username/gamertag and join in on some chatter.

ACTIVITY CHECKS
At each major point in a year (Offseason, Playoffs, Trade Deadline, etc) there will be a commissioner 'Activity Check' post in regards to that particular chunk of time.
It will reiterate all specifics of that period, like the exact schedule we have planned or anything to be aware of during that period.

You are required to participate in these checks. Simply post your team and say check. (e.g.
small.png
check) keep it concise.

By doing this you are agreeing to the commissioner 'Activity Check' post. That could be simple attendance, or it could be a Re-sign post, for example. So you would be 'checking' that you agree that all your offers are sent; giving us the green light to advance asap.

We will update a team chart, for all to see, in each of these commissioner 'Activity Check' posts to show who has/hasn't checked in.

Rule: It is your responsibility to keep up with 'activity checks'
Penalty: We will replace you if you can't keep up.

TEAM DRAFT
Once a commissioner writes up the TEAM DRAFT activity check, You are required to participate asap
(e.g. ThePsychicSaw
1)
small.png

2)
small.png

3)
small.png
)

To start, each GM is to provide us with 3 teams in order of preference. When everyone checks in, we will then draw a GM name one by one and GMs will be assigned their teams of preference. If your 3 teams have already been taken when your name is drawn, your team will then be randomly assigned
(via a generator) from whats left over at that point. So choose your 3 teams wisely.

It should go without saying, but this shall weed out those not suited for this league as well. There will be no whining, no team trading, and no special treatment given to anyone. So if you can't see yourself playing as any one team, like the habs, caps, and/or blue jackets for any given reason, please don't waste our time.

The actual draft should be quick, based on how organized we will have everything while we get things situated. We will then updated the necessary posts with gamertags assigned to their drafted team.

It is then your responsibility to send a request in for HF REBORN for the team you've drafted.

YEAR 1 - 2
Rule:No trades
Rule:No waivers
Rule:No played games
Rule:No Free Agent Signings

You will be well informed on the exact date of when we will hit the draft each and every year.
When hit, you will have 12 hours to assign your Draft Priority.

Once a commissioner writes up the DRAFT PRIORITY activity check, You are required to participate asap
(e.g.
small.png
check)

You will be well informed on the exact date of when we will hit the re-sign period each and every year.
When hit, you will have 36 hours to re-sign your players. Advancing every 12 hours.

Once a commissioner writes up the RE-SIGN activity check, You are required to participate asap
(e.g.
small.png
check)

Please, re-sign your players in the best interest of your team. Again we aren't starting until YEAR 3, but integrity is the name of the game

Be conscious of teams that will require good foresight within these 2 years. Focus on when their stars will need to be resigned (e.g.
small.png
small.png
) they will require much attention and even buyouts of lesser players to make it all work.

All teams will be required to inform commissioners when signings/qualifications are done. So we can advance asap

GAMEPLAY
difficulty: ALLSTAR
style: DEFAULT

In regards to actual playing, No one thing is banned. but your gameplay should be under heavy self-scrutiny. use your judgement; Have respect for your opponent.
We're trying to run a league of integrity, so stop trying to cheat the GAME and start trying to outplay your OPPONENT.

Goal variety is highly stressed. While tanking, spamming, and head hunting are highly frowned upon.

The idea here is to have good clean competitive fun boys n girls :nod:

SEASON
Once a commissioner writes up the SEASON activity check, You are required to participate asap
(e.g.
small.png
check)

Schedule: strict 72 hour cycles; opposite of prestige Worldwide (as we surely will be sharing many members)

Hybrid: Half played - Half Sim league. This allows for a mix of managing a roster of players that 'control' AND 'sim' well. All the while keeping a good pace to hit year 7+ :amazed:

Rule: You are required to set CPU to be playable

Rule: You are not allowed to play anyone's CPU unless advised otherwise
Penalty: a) warning
--------b) booted
Note: a) A Commissioner must be alerted before you can play someone's cpu, so that you can be monitored
------b) If you are following all of our communication rules, it will be rare that you will need to play someones cpu.

Rule: You are not allowed to have higher than 0% DNF vs CPU
--------b) booted
Note: a) We all know EA servers are abysmal. Other things come up to, just let us know; we'll be watching
------b) If a CPU games must be played in the playoffs, you are allowed no re-dos

Rule: No goalie can play more than 70 games
Penalty: a) For that years playoffs, said goalie will sit out the amount of games that surpassed 70
--------b) you will also not be able to make any offers on the 1st day of that years upcoming Free Agency
Note: a) You can play any goalie at any point of the season.
------b) When trading for a goalie, be aware of his games played that season. You will still be responsible

Rule: None of your 10 most expensive contracts can be kept in the minors
---------b) booted
Note: a) They can be subject to waivers
-------b) Waivers will be turned off during advances to avoid CPU hiccups

TRADING
Rule: You are allowed only 2 'Roster Trades' each season

Roster trade:
4 total roster players between teams
6 total pieces between teams
Those additional pieces can be a prospects and/or picks

Note: roster players fall under: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, depth forward, top2, top4, top6, depth defender, elite, starter, backup

Rule: You are only allowed 1 'Prospect Trade' each season

Prospect trade:
3 total pieces between the teams
Note: these pieces can be picks and/or other players not considered 'roster'

Note: A trade 'Season' consists of time from the first block to the trade deadline.

'Frachise' Players:
deals will be subject to much scrutiny.
We want as much realism as possible here folks.

If us commissioners deem a deal worthy for a face of a franchise to leave his team, it will be subject to league wide polling, for you all to have your say. The goal here is to make your decision in regards to whats best for the league.

If participating state your team and your stance
(e.g. Malkin is being traded for Weber
small.png
NAY)

Rule: Newly acquired players CANNOT be traded for an entire season.
Rule: Newly acquired players CAN be subject to waivers.
Rule: 3-way trades are NOT permitted

PLAYOFFS
Once a commissioner writes up the PLAYOFF activity check, You are required to participate asap
(e.g.
small.png
check)

Rule: Home teams have the choice of being host or not (sending game invite)
Note: a) We want seeding/home advantage to mean something more in the playoffs
------b) the home team is NOT REQUIRED to invite, but it is their choice

Rule: You are required to finish your series within 72 hours
Penalty: If not, higher seeded team is allowed to play 1 game against the opposing teams CPU within 2 hours from advance
Note: any remaining games will be advanced

Draft Priority:
When not participating in the playoffs, you have the ability to assign your draft priority.
With that said, all but 2 teams should be assigned before the end of the Finals.
When the finals are through, participating teams need to take the extra ~10minutes to do your draft priority. We will advance soon thereafter.

Assigning your draft priority is completely YOUR RESPONSIBILITY, there will be no activity check.

OFF-SEASON
Draft:
Within 6 hours from the conclusion of the Stanley Cup Finals, we will advance through the draft.

Re-Sign:
Once a commissioner writes up the RE-SIGN activity check, You are required to participate asap
(e.g.
small.png
check)

We will go through every block of re-sign in 12 hour periods.
This will give you adequate time to low ball, qualify, try different terms... you know MANAGE your team.

Free Agency:
Rule: No players can be offered a 1 year contract deals.
Penalty: a) You will be forced to put that play on waivers
---------b) Restricted from next year 1st day of Free Agency

Reminder: Newly acquired players CANNOT be traded for an entire season.
They can be subject to waivers, however, none of your 10 most expensive contracts be stored in the minors

RFA's:
You are more than welcome to throw an offer at another team's RFA. It's their responsibility to have signed them during the adequate time they will have during Re-Sign periods.

In all fairness to the team with the RFA's right; you will be allowed adequate time to Match the offer. Instead of holding up everyone we will allow you one entire block to match the offer. This won't be reflected by EA in game, so we will have you send a trade for said player in exchange for the compensation picks.

Rule: the GM with RFA rights, are to report to a commissioner when they've made their decision to match an offer or not.
Penalty: lose your player and your compensatory pick
Note: if a GM matches an RFA offer from another team, alert the other party, a comissioner, and post the RFA match confirmation in the ROSTER THREAD

LEAGUE POLLING
Once a commissioner writes up the LEAGUE POLL, You are allowed to participate and voice your opinion.

This can be in regards to a 'franchise' player trade approval, league rule changes, etc etc.
(e.g. Malkin is being traded for Weber
small.png
NAY)

BULLETIN
On page 1 we will have a bulletin section updated with the most prevalent league news available (schedule changes, block advances, trade deadline,
trade polls, GM's on vacation with playable CPUs, pending rfas, etc) So as to avoid anything getting lost in a sea of posts.

LACK OF FOLLOWING ANY OF THESE GUIDELINES WILL RESULT IN PUNISHMENT AT OUR DESCRETION
we also understand the involvement that a league of this caliber requires, and theyre can be extenuating circumstaces for any situation. so keep in contact
and we will always listen, while keeping what's best for the LEAGUE as priority number one.

MAIN THREAD
Stay informed on the League Bulletin with Activity Checks, Scheduling, Polls, etc.

ROSTER THREAD
Keep all trade talk and player progression discussion here

CHATZY
Join under your hfusername or gamertag[/CENTER]

Last edited:

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
HF Username | Team | Gamertag | Roster

Cosmonaut |
small.png
| napster317 | empty

Jack de la Hoya |
small.png
| Jhoya82 | empty

averys sec 405 |
small.png
| x Gen0cide x | empty

Sh0otnSc0re |
small.png
| AoC Pyorala | empty

Mclovinz1t |
small.png
| Mclovinz1t | empty
| |
Raven I |
small.png
| Ravenn I | empty

Pastir |
small.png
| PastirOfDisastr | empty

CHamps |
small.png
| otoronto | empty

firefoxx |
small.png
| FirefoxxThe2nd | empty

triple minor |
small.png
| SteeRowan | empty
| |

ToiletKitchen |
small.png
| MajesticMoos3 | empty

The High Pope |
small.png
| The High Pope | empty

TBLbrian |
small.png
| TeslaGOAL | empty

lL lE lF lT lY |
small.png
| lL lE lF lT lY | empty

Bootsgaudet |
small.png
| Bootsgaudet | empty

Last edited:

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
HF Username | Team | Gamertag | Roster

chrewilson |
small.png
| Wilson81261 | empty

phillythunder21 |
small.png
| DutchFury21 | empty

Koopa I |
small.png
| Koopa I | empty

ThePsychicSaw [c] |
small.png
|ThePsychicSaw | empty

kitnkev |
small.png
| Russia Hackd Me | empty
| |
wilco5886 |
small.png
| spaceghostx420 | empty

ucicwgrl7303 |
small.png
| uci cowgirl7303 | empty

matt1396 |
small.png
| brown man power | empty

ChuckWoods |
small.png
| lIl Voodoo lIl | empty

defmars |
small.png
| defmars | empty
| |

jonyro84|
small.png
| THE JOHNster84 | empty

TheLund |
small.png
| xX B I G Lund | empty

Malakian |
small.png
| jacksambo | empty

wokeupinaz |
small.png
| wokeupinaz | empty

noexult |
small.png
| noexult | empty

Last edited:

noexult

Oct 24, 2011
Oslo
Looks good, was(I am) at work so just followed the flow and then read through it thoroughly afterwards :)

Last edited:

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
well if im not mistaken, on the website says you can use it from a computer too, we'll have to look into it. But for now... im spent :laugh:

EggsBenedict

Cucumbersasquatch
Feb 8, 2010
Vancouver, B.C.
Yeah, I got curious and created a group under my HF Boards pseudonym. Now I'm more or less curious as to how other people can join the group. In any case, it's an easy sign-up process. You can either log in via Facebook (nah), or sign up by entering your email, creating a screen name (eg. your forum name for now, I guess?), and then assigning a password.

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
Yeah, I got curious and created a group under my HF Boards pseudonym. Now I'm more or less curious as to how other people can join the group. In any case, it's an easy sign-up process. You can either log in via Facebook (nah), or sign up by entering your email, creating a screen name (eg. your forum name for now, I guess?), and then assigning a password.

CHATROOM
when accepted for the TEAM DRAFT
pm your groupme info (email/phone#)
for a private invite to the room

Last edited:

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
HF REBORN COMMISSIONERS

A draft order of GM names will be generated from draftlotterypick.com.
From top down, "preferred" teams will been assigned where possible.
Any remaining GMs, without a 'preferred' team, will be re-entered into a new lottery.
Remaining teams will be numbered in alphabetical order, then generated to remaining Gm's.

HF USERNAME | TEAM 1 | TEAM 2| TEAM 3 | Gamertag

[C] ThePsychicSaw |
small.png
|
small.png
|
small.png
| ThePsychicSaw
[A] Jack de la Hoya |
small.png
|
small.png
|
small.png
| Jhoya82
[A] ChuckWoods |
small.png
|
small.png
|
small.png
| lIl Voodoo lIl

CRITERIA FOR A PLEDGE
LIST YOUR 3 TEAMS
LIST YOUR GAMERTAG

Last edited:

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
GT: jhoya82

small.png

small.png

small.png

Went back and forth for a while. Anxious to see what happens to Galchenyuk as well, but I suspect he will have a Yakupov-like developmental curve despite the green potential--so 71-73 in season 4. Schiefele is already 20 in the game, so, with the bump to 4.5Y, he should be nearer 78-80.

Last edited:

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
GT: lIl Voodoo lIl

1. :leafs - Toronto Maple Leafs
2. :wild - Minnesota Wild
3. :cbj - Columbus Blue Jackets

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events