Hf p4p #1

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
It's been awhile since we've had this type of poll/discussion. I know in the past we've done Top 10 all time but why not do the HF P4P Top 10?

-Each poll will only stay open for 5 days

-I'm hesitant on whether or not to use Jones (discussion input needed for this one) He will be included in the first poll and then go from there

-Input on who to add next + whoever receives the most votes will be included in the next poll

Last edited:

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
DJ, easy, next.

Jones has had one suspension / bad character moment too many for me, so I'm skipping him totally. Joanna Violence is #2.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Jon Jones.

And if you think he's a cheat and don't count his fights, then it's Daniel Cormier.

Nobody else that close.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
My vote goes for Joanna. Undefeated is enough for argue.

I think there is much better options for pool than Amanda, Cody, Frankie and Tony. Remove them. Aldo, Cruz, Rousey & Silva should be in the pool

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
If people are skipping Jones because they dont like him, theres no sense in having the polls.

I could see him maybe being 2, behind DJ, but even thats a stretch.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
My vote goes for Joanna. Undefeated is enough for argue.

I think there is much better options for pool than Amanda, Cody, Frankie and Tony. Remove them. Aldo, Cruz, Rousey & Silva should be in the pool

I would take Ferguson, Nunes and Cody over any of the latter you mentioned. Silva is pretty much done... Rousey is done too.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
If people are skipping Jones because they dont like him, theres no sense in having the polls.

I could see him maybe being 2, behind DJ, but even thats a stretch.

What about skipping Jones because people feel he cheated his entire career and that a lot of his wins were likely aided by PEDs? Is that okay?:laugh:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
How are people still clinging to Aldo? Guy is 1-2 in his last 3 fights. He's not what he was in his WEC days and he hasn't been that guy for years now. Overrated.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
The PED thing really clouds it all. If you include PEDs then it's Jones, but then you think back to how he looked against OSP when he was presumed to be clean and he looked awful; for a guy who was the GOAT, he should've dummied OSP with ease. Perhaps you can claim ring rust, but there was only a 1 year gap where he didn't fight and the guy is in the prime of his career, ring rust isn't really an excuse for his poor performance there especially when he is seen as the GOAT.

Anyways, going with DJ here.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Women have no place on a P4P list with men

If you rank, for example, Chris Cyborg at #1, you're saying she would beat Max Holloway, Jose Aldo, Frankie Edgar, etc.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
It's still Jones IMO. I think the majority of athletes use PEDs. Jones just got caught. HM to Mighty Mouse, but I think his level of competition is a bit shallower.

If Jones is stricken from the list and erased from our minds, I may pick Cormier over Mighty Mouse too.

Next tier down would have to be DJ and JJ, though. Both of them are amazing right now.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
The PED thing really clouds it all. If you include PEDs then it's Jones, but then you think back to how he looked against OSP when he was presumed to be clean and he looked awful; for a guy who was the GOAT, he should've dummied OSP with ease. Perhaps you can claim ring rust, but there was only a 1 year gap where he didn't fight and the guy is in the prime of his career, ring rust isn't really an excuse for his poor performance there especially when he is seen as the GOAT.

Think about what you said though.. in Jones WORST performance that you point to saying he looked "awful".. he still beat a top 10 LHW 50-45, 50-45, 50-44 and was never in danger the entire fight. Imagine if you held that standard to others on the list?

It's still Jones IMO. I think the majority of athletes use PEDs. Jones just got caught. HM to Mighty Mouse, but I think his level of competition is a bit shallower.

If Jones is stricken from the list and erased from our minds, I may pick Cormier over Mighty Mouse too.

Next tier down would have to be DJ and JJ, though. Both of them are amazing right now.

I 100% agree with this.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston

But, he never failed a fight test until recently. His dick pill pull was prior to a fight. So, you can only eliminate the most recent fight.

I guess - if people aren't voting for Jones, they should continue to say, and we can remove him from poll.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Jon jones or GSP are the p4p #1's. If not them then no one. DJ has a bunch of bums in his division, never faced anyone significant

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
What about skipping Jones because people feel he cheated his entire career and that a lot of his wins were likely aided by PEDs? Is that okay?:laugh:
meh, everyone is on steroids. He's just stupid enough to get caught.

Jones
Silva
GSP
DJ
everyone else

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad