HF Official Devils '17-18 Ticket/All Things Pru Center Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
But on the bright side the Yankees announced that all the people who got screwed and had to miss a significant portion of the game will be given comps to a future game as a make good. Ha just kidding!!!

Took me an extra 30 minutes to get in and I would say I was able to resolve my issue pretty quickly compared to others who sat around and waited. I just hate how teams are forcing mobile on us. It's going to cost them sales.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Took me an extra 30 minutes to get in and I would say I was able to resolve my issue pretty quickly compared to others who sat around and waited. I just hate how teams are forcing mobile on us. It's going to cost them sales.

Forced mobile is not good for the consumer nor the free market.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Speaking of mobile ticket flaws the scanners are not working at Yankee stadium right now. Myself and a lot of others are stuck outside. Hard tickets are working fine.

Wow, that's SPOOKY given I literally posted this "what if" scenario on here just 4 days ago as one of the reasons I HATE mobile tix.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Someone needs to file a class action lawsuit alleging financial discrimination because they cant afford a smartphone.

That's our only hope as I see it, or everyone's going 100% mobile probably within the next 5,6,7, years.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Someone needs to file a class action lawsuit alleging financial discrimination because they cant afford a smartphone.

That's our only hope as I see it, or everyone's going 100% mobile probably within the next 5,6,7, years.

Or age discrimination against the elderly people who can't figure out how to operate smartphones.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
If they are going to force paperless tickets on us I'd much rather them just do what the Red Bulls do and give us a card thats exactly like a credit card. You just scan that to get in and it has your seat info on it.

The Devils were close last year but missed the mark for me, there was no way I was wearing that giant stupid "cricket" around my neck every game. The Devils need to make something that people can easily stick into their wallets/bags etc.

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
If they are going to force paperless tickets on us I'd much rather them just do what the Red Bulls do and give us a card thats exactly like a credit card. You just scan that to get in and it has your seat info on it.

The Devils were close last year but missed the mark for me, there was no way I was wearing that giant stupid "cricket" around my neck every game. The Devils need to make something that people can easily stick into their wallets/bags etc.

I think the issue is that many Devils sths either: a) share sts with others; b) want to be able easily sell or xfer them to friends; and c) use them for business. This means having the ability to send PDFs, forward tickets from account, etc.

The Red Bulls (I believe) allow you to transfer your ticket at no cost (without the receiver having to use e-ticket), and you can also print PDFs to use.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I think the issue is that many Devils sths either: a) share sts with others; b) want to be able easily sell or xfer them to friends; and c) use them for business. This means having the ability to send PDFs, forward tickets from account, etc.

The Red Bulls (I believe) allow you to transfer your ticket at no cost (without the receiver having to use e-ticket), and you can also print PDFs to use.

Yes the Red Bulls do

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

This is because the Red Bulls apparently understand something that the Devils have failed to understand for years now, which is, you cannot control the market.

And the Devils repeated permutations in attempting to "control the market" have not only failed (and I have no doubt these new attempts will fail as well), but the only thing they seem to be succeeding at it pissing off their fans.

Patty26

Aug 25, 2017
What's up guys.... long time reader of the site and long time fan of the team. Noticed this thread and the recent topic of staff change over there so I figured I'd help where I can.

I was once a rep working on the inside sales team so I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding what it's like/ what has happened. I was not a part of the recent cuts as this was a couple years ago but I'd be happy to answer any questions

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
What's up guys.... long time reader of the site and long time fan of the team. Noticed this thread and the recent topic of staff change over there so I figured I'd help where I can.

I was once a rep working on the inside sales team so I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding what it's like/ what has happened. I was not a part of the recent cuts as this was a couple years ago but I'd be happy to answer any questions

Who do you think ultimately decided to have Sixers reps in Camden sell Devils tix?

Scott O'Neil?

Patty26

Aug 25, 2017
Why does the Devils ticket office brass think they can successfully manipulate & control the secondary market?

The point has always been that yes, you can find the cheaper tickets on the secondary market. However, the value added through different STH events throughout the year could prove to be the difference for a fan. Making a memory meeting the players is something that may make up for the difference. To some? No, all about the $. However, as I'm sure many of you are STH, you have been able to enjoy different player events through having a plan.

Patty26

Aug 25, 2017
Who do you think ultimately decided to have Sixers reps in Camden sell Devils tix?

Scott O'Neil?

I don't think I know enough to give you an answer there. But one would have to assume it came from the higher ups? I am still in contact with a few who were a part of the big cut and they were just as surprised as anyone.

Why did this happen? Time will tell, I really don't have an answer there. Consolidating staffs is something I haven't heard of before. I feel for some of the people who really stuck through some tough times to have this happen to them in the end

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
This is because the Red Bulls apparently understand something that the Devils have failed to understand for years now, which is, you cannot control the market.

And the Devils repeated permutations in attempting to "control the market" have not only failed (and I have no doubt these new attempts will fail as well), but the only thing they seem to be succeeding at it pissing off their fans.

It annoys me the Devils apparently still think STHs are idiots. This mobile nonsense, especially with no pdf option now, is a transparent attempt to cut out stubhub or other non-TE secondary markets. I call total bs on cutting down on fraud or whatever schlock they're peddling on that. Same goes for the other teams (Yankees for one) doing it.

I'm sure stubhub and others will adapt; Devils have utterly failed to realize that nature will always find a way with this. But yeah they're doing a good job pissing me off lately.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The point has always been that yes, you can find the cheaper tickets on the secondary market. However, the value added through different STH events throughout the year could prove to be the difference for a fan. Making a memory meeting the players is something that may make up for the difference. To some? No, all about the $. However, as I'm sure many of you are STH, you have been able to enjoy different player events through having a plan.

Absolutely I am glad I had season tix through those years and got to meet and chat with players, coaches, scouts and Lou.

Also met great people in my section who are now very close friends years later.

On the record, I loathe this Devils/Sixers ticket sales merge that apparently was implemented last month.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The point has always been that yes, you can find the cheaper tickets on the secondary market. However, the value added through different STH events throughout the year could prove to be the difference for a fan.

Well, that's really how some STH justify paying more money for the same tickets.

But my question was more literal, I'm wondering why the Devils ticket brass have for years now thought they could manipulate the secondary market? It's predictably been a huge failure.

This recent mobile thing, is just the newest permutation in attempting to restrict fan's access to secondary market access.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011

What are the reps opinions on this whole going mobile trend? I know you guys are taught to sell the "experience" but selling a digital product is a lot tougher compared to a physical in hand product. My opinion has always been the more restrictions you put on a product that could limit the value of the purchase it will drive customers away which the Devils keep doing.

Getting season tickets in the mail use to be like Christmas coming early but now with these dumb lanyards that experience isn't as special to me.

Patty26

Aug 25, 2017
Well, that's really how some STH justify paying more money for the same tickets.

But my question was more literal, I'm wondering why the Devils ticket brass have for years now thought they could manipulate the secondary market? It's predictably been a huge failure.

This recent mobile thing, is just the newest permutation in attempting to restrict fan's access to secondary market access.

Ah, ok.

The dept. was under different management when I was there as opposed to now, obviously. I wasn't there for the mobile ticket revolution and everything. However, with the elimination of selling to brokers, paper tickets etc. it is very clear they don't care about the secondary market at all. That's not their job, to care about the secondary market. I've never agreed with the strategy and am truly in the belief of "get as many people in the door as possible no matter what."

Patty26

Aug 25, 2017
What are the reps opinions on this whole going mobile trend? I know you guys are taught to sell the "experience" but selling a digital product is a lot tougher compared to a physical in hand product. My opinion has always been the more restrictions you put on a product that could limit the value of the purchase it will drive customers away which the Devils keep doing.

Getting season tickets in the mail use to be like Christmas coming early but now with these dumb lanyards that experience isn't as special to me.

As I mentioned, I don't have experience with the mobile ticket experience. This is brand new to them as well so I'm sure this is just another obstacle when discussing a plan with somebody. The goal, as always has been, is to have fans come to the team for tickets instead of the secondary market.

They had the reps as part of the team that would help build the season ticket boxes when I was there. Always thought it was a cool idea and knew the fans appreciated it. Also helped build relationships with the fans when we were able to hand deliver them.

What I will say, though, is take it easy on the reps when discussing this. I promise, there isn't a rep in there that would like for this change to occur. They of course represent the organization so absolutely they have to roll with the punches. However with the amount of punches they've had to take recently, I can't imagine the stress. I was there during a tough few seasons, with a mgmt group who saw you as more of a # than a human, and the stress of everyone was through the roof. Now? Can't imagine.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010

Perhaps somebody can confirm for me what the deal is today, however I believe they did away with the skate with the team among some other player related events. As a kid, the skate with the team events were among the cooler professional sports experiences I've had - getting to share the same playing surface as the guys you rooted for and watched was something I'll always remember.

There have been some complaints on this board about the team cutting back on STH events the last couple of years altogether, however not sure if there were any personal bias' there so again, perhaps somebody can confirm?

I don't think I know enough to give you an answer there. But one would have to assume it came from the higher ups? I am still in contact with a few who were a part of the big cut and they were just as surprised as anyone.

Why did this happen? Time will tell, I really don't have an answer there. Consolidating staffs is something I haven't heard of before. I feel for some of the people who really stuck through some tough times to have this happen to them in the end

Saving $$/internal budget.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
As I mentioned, I don't have experience with the mobile ticket experience. This is brand new to them as well so I'm sure this is just another obstacle when discussing a plan with somebody. The goal, as always has been, is to have fans come to the team for tickets instead of the secondary market.

They had the reps as part of the team that would help build the season ticket boxes when I was there. Always thought it was a cool idea and knew the fans appreciated it. Also helped build relationships with the fans when we were able to hand deliver them.

What I will say, though, is take it easy on the reps when discussing this. I promise, there isn't a rep in there that would like for this change to occur. They of course represent the organization so absolutely they have to roll with the punches. However with the amount of punches they've had to take recently, I can't imagine the stress. I was there during a tough few seasons, with a mgmt group who saw you as more of a # than a human, and the stress of everyone was through the roof. Now? Can't imagine.

I agree that reps shouldn't have to take the punches that are deserved for upper management. Just the people I'm close with who work with different sports organizations often tell me anyone in sales/service especially at the bottom are overworked and severely underpaid.

Were you there when Kussin was VP? He was the one who originally kicked out the brokers but still signed a secondary market consolidation deal with DTI Management. So instead of having 100 brokers they just moved all their seats to DTI. The same amount of tickets remained on the secondary and get-in prices didn't change.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
There aren't anywhere near the number of 'experience' events there were a few years back tbh, in part it's also restricted further by the rewards points where all your points for the season can be gone for four of the goofy posters they had last year.

Patty26

Aug 25, 2017
I agree that reps shouldn't have to take the punches that are deserved for upper management. Just the people I'm close with who work with different sports organizations often tell me anyone in sales/service especially at the bottom are overworked and severely underpaid.

Were you there when Kussin was VP? He was the one who originally kicked out the brokers but still signed a secondary market consolidation deal with DTI Management. So instead of having 100 brokers they just moved all their seats to DTI. The same amount of tickets remained on the secondary and get-in prices didn't change.

This I can confirm. The policy has recently changed, but at one point, we had to be in at 830am. If there was a game night that night, we were there until 10pm. Then, had to be in by 830am the next morning. All for very minimal pay. Mentally and physically exhausting.

I was not. I was there more recently than that

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

He was the one who used to post on here a bit as an outreach to fans. That was a nice touch and a good idea, I think it helped him get the pulse of the fans a bit too.

Years ago, I politely in debate form told him his attempts to control the secondary market as you noted above (and a few other things they did) would ultimately fail. He was a bit cocky in his sureness as I recall. Anyway, fail they did. The problem as I see it, is these people put in charge act as if hundreds of years of economic theory and laws regarding supply and demand dont exist. I really dont understand their attitudes, and never have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad