HF Official Devils '17-18 Ticket/All Things Pru Center Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
this is why i don't sell any games back until i know 100% i'm renewing. I think for the last couple years i've just sold back the last 5 home games of the season.

Don't forget the opt-out clause in the T&C. You'll be auto-renewed unless you notify the Devils.

From the T&C .....

(B) If the Devils (in its sole and absolute discretion) elects to offer Member the opportunity to renew this Membership License for the 2018-19 NHL season, this Membership License may automatically renew for the 2018-19 NHL season on January 31, 2018 as follows: If, on or prior to January 16, 2018 (or such other date required by law), Member receives notice from the Devils (“Auto-Renew Noticeâ€Â) setting forth the price(s) and seat location(s), as well as certain terms and conditions, of Member’s Membership License for the 2018-19 NHL season, Member must notify the Devils, in the manner prescribed by the Devils in the Auto-Renew Notice, on or before January 30, 2018, that Member wishes not to renew its Membership License for the 2018-19 NHL season. If Member does not provide such notice to the Devils by such date, Member shall be deemed to have accepted Member’s Membership License for the 2018-19 NHL season upon the terms and conditions set forth in or otherwise referenced in the Auto-Renew Notice (which may be available on DevilsMembership.com), and Member’s credit card will be charged a non-refundable amount on January 31, 2018 in the amount set forth in the Auto-Renew Notice, and will thereafter continue to be charged by the Devils consistent with the payment option selected on the Payment Form for the 2017-18 Membership License.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
Don't forget the opt-out clause in the T&C. You'll be auto-renewed unless you notify the Devils.

From the T&C .....

(B) If the Devils (in its sole and absolute discretion) elects to offer Member the opportunity to renew this Membership License for the 2018-19 NHL season, this Membership License may automatically renew for the 2018-19 NHL season on January 31, 2018 as follows: If, on or prior to January 16, 2018 (or such other date required by law), Member receives notice from the Devils (“Auto-Renew Noticeâ€Â) setting forth the price(s) and seat location(s), as well as certain terms and conditions, of Member’s Membership License for the 2018-19 NHL season, Member must notify the Devils, in the manner prescribed by the Devils in the Auto-Renew Notice, on or before January 30, 2018, that Member wishes not to renew its Membership License for the 2018-19 NHL season. If Member does not provide such notice to the Devils by such date, Member shall be deemed to have accepted Member’s Membership License for the 2018-19 NHL season upon the terms and conditions set forth in or otherwise referenced in the Auto-Renew Notice (which may be available on DevilsMembership.com), and Member’s credit card will be charged a non-refundable amount on January 31, 2018 in the amount set forth in the Auto-Renew Notice, and will thereafter continue to be charged by the Devils consistent with the payment option selected on the Payment Form for the 2017-18 Membership License.

i did this the moment i renewed but since he has now moved on when they give me anew rep this will be the first thing i say and i'll want proof that it was turned off.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
i did this the moment i renewed but since he has now moved on when they give me anew rep this will be the first thing i say and i'll want proof that it was turned off.

This is another reason I do the 12 month plan, I would just change my credit card and tell them to **** off if they wouldn't let me out.(I don't ever plan on canceling my season tickets, just saying lol)

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
https://instagram.com/p/BWzyzghFoFN/

Looks like the removed both ribbon boards around the mezz and lower level. Nothing yet with the scoreboard

Good find. I figured whoever is selling them the new scoreboard would be replacing/upgrading the ribbons as well. Maybe adding a bunch over the entrances like I think Detroit has. Wonder if ours will surpass the new ones in Detroit and Edmonton; think only one in the league is 4k at the moment.

It would also be great if they installed LED screens in each of the towers but now I'm getting greedy. Good to see they keep upgrading the arena in more offseasons than not.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
I got a call from the Devils last night and got the usual sales pitch.... but one thing that struck me as odd was that they offered to buy back up to 18 games. That seemed like kind of a lot. Along with that, I was offered memorabilia and a game in club seats.

Has anyone else heard of the buy back being that high?

Who is your rep?

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
I find all of your comments amusing as I sign up for Devils stuff all the time and have bought tickets through the team before but they only call my father who bought a ticket plan in the 11-12 season. They only call me after he gives them my number.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I know I complain a lot but I can't help it. I just got a call from another rep trying to sell me the flex membership package. She informed me that this year it is now $3000 as a minimum. Only two years ago it was $2500. So now in the last two years they have raise the price a bit flex membership by $500 for a team that has been on watchable the last couple of years. I am done with ever thinking about season tickets. I'm going to be one of those cheap people that nickel and dime on StubHub every single game. I'm blown away by the price gouging.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I know I complain a lot but I can't help it. I just got a call from another rep trying to sell me the flex membership package. She informed me that this year it is now $3000 as a minimum. Only two years ago it was $2500. So now in the last two years they have raise the price a bit flex membership by $500 for a team that has been on watchable the last couple of years. I am done with ever thinking about season tickets. I'm going to be one of those cheap people that nickel and dime on StubHub every single game. I'm blown away by the price gouging.

That's crazy, would make more sense to just get a full season package for cheaper then do a membership. I really don't understand why they are trying to do away with different packages with smaller amounts of games. It's not like we are packing the place full every night.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

Yeah that's what you should do.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off

That's absurd? Aren't ST in the upper deck ~$3000?

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

Welcome to the side of the financially sane and rational.

We dont have cookies, but with your savings you can buy whatever cookies you like.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Welcome to the side of the financially sane and rational.

We dont have cookies, but with your savings you can buy whatever cookies you like.

I know you are pretty vocal about season ticket economics but that's too broad a statement. There are some price points where it's at worst a wash. I've been in the cheap seats enough seasons to know. I lose on the dud games and come out way ahead on rangers and post New Years weekends.

That said, raising the entry level of the flex plan above what I pay for my pair is absurd. It should have been lowered to $1,500, not increased to $3,000.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Flex Membership is not really geared toward the average fan (especially not the frugal ones) who wants to attend a lot of games.

I think of it as a small business plan to entertain clients in the lower levels during the week and then bring family on the weekends to select games.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Flex Membership is not really geared toward the average fan (especially not the frugal ones) who wants to attend a lot of games.

I think of it as a small business plan to entertain clients in the lower levels during the week and then bring family on the weekends to select games.

Starting out, it was exactly geared towards frugal fans. It was cheaper than two balcony seats and allowed people to pick whatever games and seats they wanted.

They honestly REALLY raised prices this season while trying to hide the fact that they did it. If you didn't renew/sign up in the beginning of the year, the prices for regular tickets or the flex membership have gone up considerably.

This is thousands and thousands of dollars people have to consider dedicating to a bad hockey team. I feel like the team should give these people time to make a decision instead of raising the price periodically to price people out.

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
Starting out, it was exactly geared towards frugal fans. It was cheaper than two balcony seats and allowed people to pick whatever games and seats they wanted.

They honestly REALLY raised prices this season while trying to hide the fact that they did it. If you didn't renew/sign up in the beginning of the year, the prices for regular tickets or the flex membership have gone up considerably.

This is thousands and thousands of dollars people have to consider dedicating to a bad hockey team. I feel like the team should give these people time to make a decision instead of raising the price periodically to price people out.

The easiest way to say it is the Devils have really never been interested in matching relative demand to ticket supply. They have traditionally just squeezed the turnip as much as they can at the expense of filling every seat. That's just the business model that they use. Fans don't like it and/or understand it sometimes but it is what it is (and why we are always trying to get around face value prices).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad