Prospect Info: HF Mock Draft 9th Overall

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
greetings Devils fans, I've thought a cool idea for this draft would be to do a mock draft by going through each team forum in order of there pick in the first round and poll who they would take. whoever gets the most votes gets picked. and is taken off the list for the next team. with the 8th overall pick Buffalo took Ristolainen with the other results just below. I'm hoping that by going through each team's forum I would get a better idea of who there team might select since those fans should know the most about there teams, so given the circumstances who would New Jersey select 9th overall?

Picks so Far:

Avalanche: Seth Jones
Panthers: Nathan Mackinnon
Lightning: Jonathon Drouin
Predators: Aleksander Barkov
Hurricanes: Sean Monahan
Flames: Elias Lindholm
Oilers: Valeri Nichushkin
Sabres: Rasmus Ristolainen

after I go through all 30 picks of the first round I will post the results in the prospect section.

I also ask that I'm looking to poll Devils fans so if your not a Devils fan and just browsing I ask that you refrain from voting thanks.

also Mods I realize you guys have a prospects thread but this type of thing needs to be done in a poll so I ask that you don't delete/merge the thread to allow me to continue thanks

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
With the 9th overall draft pick in the 2013 NHL entry draft, the New Jersey Devils are very proud to select from the Medicine Hat Tigers of the WHL, forward Hunter Shinnnykaruk

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Shinkaruk

Since I've been a naughty boy, I can't vote but add me to the list if possible.

We need a scoring threat like Shinkaruk and the fact that he plays the left side is just a added bonus.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
As rule of thumb there is no way I'm picking a guy 5'10 and 160 pounds with a top 10 pick...but whatever.

Semak

Horvat.

Not because that's who I want or who I think they will draft but because I feel something from left field is going to happen.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

As rule of thumb there is no way I'm picking a guy 5'10 and 160 pounds with a top 10 pick...but whatever.

I'd take a Skinner type of player any day of the week and are you saying you wouldn't take Drouin if he fell at #9?

Outside of Barkov, Nichushkin and Lindholm, the rest of the forwards who are looking to be top #15 picks are all under 6 foot tall. We should also take into consideration that they're only 17 or 18 years of age and odds are they'll grow some more and add more muscle by the time they crack the NHL.

Semak

Shinkaruk is 5-11, 175 not 5-10 160

And Devils haven't selected anyone from left field since Corrente...

I didn't say draft, said something will happen. I'm not sold that Shinkaruk is the guy. Just a hunch. If I'm wrong, no biggie, it's a mock draft.

my off the radar prediction if we don't go BPA at 9 I think we'll trade down to 20-23 and take Ryan Hartman

That's a scenario I can see but maybe trade down to the late teens.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Agree.

Though I did go with Domi. But reports all around say he is much stronger then Shinkaruk. Faster too.

Surprised how many guys are going with weaker and slower.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Agree.

Though I did go with Domi. But reports all around say he is much stronger then Shinkaruk. Faster too.

Surprised how many guys are going with weaker and slower.

The Oakland Raiders have that constant need to go for speed when drafting WR's and its backfired like 90% of the time for the past decade.

I'm not saying Domi's a bust but sometimes hockey IQ is a better card to have in your back pocket.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad