JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
dont see the need for Compher as we have Knight and drafted Lindholm supposedly

for me it's McCoshen, Santini, or Theodore

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
There is no guarantee that either Ramo or Berra will adapt successfully to the NHL and Fucale probably has more potential than both broissot and Ortio. IMO we take Fucale and than we are almost certain to develop at least 1 solid starter out of Berra, Ramo, Fucale, Broissot. If we develop multiple than we than have a good trading chip.

Before we got Corban Knight my pick would have Compher however I believe the two are very similar players who are likely to top out as good 3C with good face off ability, with knight we have no need for Compher.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
There is no guarantee that either Ramo or Berra will adapt successfully to the NHL and Fucale probably has more potential than both broissot and Ortio. IMO we take Fucale and than we are almost certain to develop at least 1 solid starter out of Berra, Ramo, Fucale, Broissot. If we develop multiple than we than have a good trading chip.

Before we got Corban Knight my pick would have Compher however I believe the two are very similar players who are likely to top out as good 3C with good face off ability, with knight we have no need for Compher.

Gillies just might be the best of the bunch.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm not as high as our goaltending prospects as most - I don't see any of the goalies currently in the system as bona-fide NHL starters.

Fucale most likely will be - won't be an all-star (potential is there) but he should top out as a solid #1 goalie.

The main reason that I believe that we can't say that Fucale is better than any goalie in our system is because there is value that comes with being NHL-ready. We know, for example, that Berra and Ramo have managed to get to age 25 and 26 without having their abilities permanently marred by injury. We know that they can get it done consistently. We don't know whether that will be true of Fucale.

I would add that Fucale's stats on the best team in the CHL were very comparable to Brossoit's on the WHL runner-up this year, and Brossoit has a larger body and is closer to being in the NHL than Fucale. In terms of age, Brossoit has about two years on Fucale, but given goalies aren't usually ready for the prime-time until their mid-twenties, they are probably closer on the development scale than position players of the same age would be.

Furthermore, while it may be arguable that Fucale is better than anyone in the Flames' system, that could also be true of 4 or 5 other goalies available in this draft who just haven't put it together yet. It's possible that there are a few Kippers in this draft. I'm in favour of taking a goalie in the low rounds in each draft, but I'm not in favour of taking one in the first round unless your forwards and defence are completely secured.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I meant no offense-
I just think that guys that small should either be puck wizards or quick skaters (or both). Remember Marty Murray?
I don't think many people remember Marty Murray. And most of those that do, probably want to forget him. Except me, he was always one of my favorites for some odd reason.

Wabbit

Jun 22, 2013
I don't think many people remember Marty Murray. And most of those that do, probably want to forget him. Except me, he was always one of my favorites for some odd reason.

LOL- me too. I always had high hopes for the little guy, especially after his legendary WJC appearance. Met him once at a pre-season game, he's a nice guy....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad