OT: HF Jets Lounge: OK Igor, stop killing the dogs. The Olympics are over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Ah, gotcha. There are cheaper ways around things as others have mentioned and I'm sure you know.

You probably don't have a ton of time for TV anyway, you should be studying! :laugh:

He never studies!

I'm pretty sure I study more than he does, and I don't even go to school full time! And even then, I don't study a lot!

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
That's really not going well btw, what with my complete inability to read people!

What's to read? See someone you're attracted to, go up and start a conversation no matter how awkward it may seem. If it's meant to be, then you'll know.

My opening conversation with my wife of 20 years was along the lines of "uh, hi, errrr uh ..... mumble something...." She thought it was 'cute' that I was nervous.

Never try, never know! (That saying is from 'ladyboys' in thailand, but you get the idea).

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
What's to read? See someone you're attracted to, go up and start a conversation no matter how awkward it may seem. If it's meant to be, then you'll know.

My opening conversation with my wife of 20 years was along the lines of "uh, hi, errrr uh ..... mumble something...." She thought it was 'cute' that I was nervous.

Never try, never know! (That saying is from 'ladyboys' in thailand, but you get the idea).

For the first time in a while, I'm actually stuck at another thing now! I have said hi to the girl, had coffee with her once, and have tried to see her outside of school again. However, she has been busy. I think she does like me, as she seems genuinely happy to see me in school, and is active and chatty, but as I haven't been able to see her outside of school more than once, I'm not sure if she's just being nice and friendly, or if she actually wants something more.

Part of this has to do with the last girl I was with continuously lying to me for about 4 months. My trust is a bit down at the moment. Which is sad, since that is one of my main characteristics. I trust people, often to a fault.

Edit: I will probably ask her fairly soon if she actually is interested in me. Cause that's how I roll. :D

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
For the first time in a while, I'm actually stuck at another thing now! I have said hi to the girl, had coffee with her once, and have tried to see her outside of school again. However, she has been busy. I think she does like me, as she seems genuinely happy to see me in school, and is active and chatty, but as I haven't been able to see her outside of school more than once, I'm not sure if she's just being nice and friendly, or if she actually wants something more.

Part of this has to do with the last girl I was with continuously lying to me for about 4 months. My trust is a bit down at the moment. Which is sad, since that is one of my main characteristics. I trust people, often to a fault.

Sometimes people don't know what they want, so you have to understand that people simply do the best that they can. Most of the time it isn't a reflection on you at all, just something someone else needs to deal with.

There are good people out there and sometimes it takes a few trials to find them. Maybe try a more direct approach? I've always felt the best idea was to let people know how you feel. Me? I would tell this girl honestly what I feel about her and I'd like to see where it goes. If she's not interested I get to move on.

Probably sounds simplistic but I don't like games or drama, so I have always generally wanted to know where I stood so I know how much to invest emotionally.

Anyone who is worth it would understand imo.

*** just saw your edit :)

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Sometimes people don't know what they want, so you have to understand that people simply do the best that they can. Most of the time it isn't a reflection on you at all, just something someone else needs to deal with.

There are good people out there and sometimes it takes a few trials to find them. Maybe try a more direct approach? I've always felt the best idea was to let people know how you feel. Me? I would tell this girl honestly what I feel about her and I'd like to see where it goes. If she's not interested I get to move on.

Probably sounds simplistic but I don't like games or drama, so I have always generally wanted to know where I stood so I know how much to invest emotionally.

Anyone who is worth it would understand imo.

*** just saw your edit :)

Me in a nutshell!:laugh:

I never got into the whole idea of a game, so I count on people being as honest as I am. If they aren't clear about what they want, I make my intentions even clearer, until I flat out tell them and wait for a response. I don't think I am bad at reading people, as much as I am completely fooled by someone playing hard to get, or even being shy. If everyone was as two dimensional as I am when it comes to showing emotions, I wouldn't have this problem!:laugh:

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Me in a nutshell!:laugh:

I never got into the whole idea of a game, so I count on people being as honest as I am. If they aren't clear about what they want, I make my intentions even clearer, until I flat out tell them and wait for a response. I don't think I am bad at reading people, as much as I am completely fooled by someone playing hard to get, or even being shy. If everyone was as two dimensional as I am when it comes to showing emotions, I wouldn't have this problem!:laugh:

LOL, I understand completely. My wife tells me to stop blindly trusting people, but I can't help it! This is how I like to go through life....:laugh:

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
He never studies!

I'm pretty sure I study more than he does, and I don't even go to school full time! And even then, I don't study a lot!

:laugh:

That's basically because I'm already 95% done with my bachelor and only have to collect the final few pieces I missed during the regular 6 semesters. Did an gaming-PR internship end of last year and had 2 tests in February which I learned for but nothing else. I'm waiting for another internship and have another test in May. I do have quite a lot free time over the last couple of months. Hope it changes in April for another internship :)

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Any mods help me with why I cant post on my phone? There is no text box for me to write in on my phone, but it works fine with the computer?

If it dosent fix, I wont be able to post my normal 30-50 pointless posts during the game tonight :cry:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Any mods help me with why I cant post on my phone? There is no text box for me to write in on my phone, but it works fine with the computer?

If it dosent fix, I wont be able to post my normal 30-50 pointless posts during the game tonight :cry:

What kind of phone? Is it browsing in mobile mode, or desktop mode?

At the bottom of the screen, there's a selector for the mode the board is displayed in. Default is liquid - try selecting a different mode.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
What kind of phone? Is it browsing in mobile mode, or desktop mode?

At the bottom of the screen, there's a selector for the mode the board is displayed in. Default is liquid - try selecting a different mode.

iPhone 4s, still on IOS 5 if that matters :laugh:

It works on mobile, but I much prefer desktop

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
So, both Crytek and Namco Bandai turned down my applications. But that's not the end of the world: Crytek told me, they just extended their current PR trainee for another 3 months which makes getting a second one senseless. Though, they actually encouraged me to re-applicate when the current trainee leaves come September because I'd have a pretty good chance to get the job.

Namco Bandai already chose someone else for their job offer they had on their page, as I was a little too late. But again, they encouraged me to re-applicate for October. Seems like both really liked my application but couldn't do anything for me right now.

I will look for some job until September/October and then I'll grab one of those positions :)

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
So, both Crytek and Namco Bandai turned down my applications. But that's not the end of the world: Crytek told me, they just extended their current PR trainee for another 3 months which makes getting a second one senseless. Though, they actually encouraged me to re-applicate when the current trainee leaves come September because I'd have a pretty good chance to get the job.

Namco Bandai already chose someone else for their job offer they had on their page, as I was a little too late. But again, they encouraged me to re-applicate for October. Seems like both really liked my application but couldn't do anything for me right now.

I will look for some job until September/October and then I'll grab one of those positions :)

Ah, too bad. Hope it turns out better this fall!

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Just going to leave this here, because it makes me laugh. Every single time I see it.

baby_scared_to_D61.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad