OT: HF Jets Lounge: OK Igor, stop killing the dogs. The Olympics are over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Just looking at the environment Canada forecast/conditions.

So it's -33 outside, with a light, south wind (9 km/h). That yields a windchill temperature of -43.

But no windchill warning in effect? So where does it kick in to get to a warning?

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Just looking at the environment Canada forecast/conditions.

So it's -33 outside, with a light, south wind (9 km/h). That yields a windchill temperature of -43.

But no windchill warning in effect? So where does it kick in to get to a warning?

I think it might kick in at -45C on the Prairies.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I found a new university that I want to go to!

Do you guys see it as a realistic hope that TSNE wants to give me $250,000 so I can go to Vanderbilt University?

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
If anyone is intrested, the mayday episode on the lokomotiv plane crash is on discovery right now. I find this stuff very interesting and have always wanted to learn more about this crash. Still such a tragic event

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
If anyone is intrested, the mayday episode on the lokomotiv plane crash is on discovery right now. I find this stuff very interesting and have always wanted to learn more about this crash. Still such a tragic event

I've seen that I think. Complete failure by the crew.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

How long has it been now? 2 years?

Horrible event, we lost a lot of good men in that crash.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
OT Question?
What's with ps and Holden's Avatar? I must have missed it.

Speaking for myself I got involved in our boards WJC pool and Holden has always been pretty strait forward with his lack of love for Dumba as a prospect. Dating back to his scouting reports pre-draft in 2012 he always said Dumba's skills would not translate well to the NHL level (I think I have that right). He wanted the jets to have nothing to do with him in the 1st round.

Fast forward to this years WJC draft and given that back drop and Holden's love for all things Slovakian I was even more surprised when Mr. Caufield passed on Marco Dano to snag Matt Dumba with his 2nd round pick. My avatar was meant to poke some fun at a worthy adversary in our draft :naughty::naughty::p:

Now I am not sure whether it was my Avy or Holden drafting him but something appears to have cursed Dumba point production wise so far.

My Avy comes down on the last day of the pool :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad