HF Game of the Year 2017 - Breath of the Wild wins!

2017 Game of the Year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
The poll is open, vote now!
Make sure to check the options carefully, you can't change your vote once it's made.

Final Nomination Count:
Assassin's Creed: Origins2
Breath of the Wild20
Cuphead4
Divinity: Original Sin 23
Fortnite2
Hollow Knight2
Horizon Zero Dawn13
Injustice 22
Mario: Odyssey7
MLB The Show 173
Nier: Automata7
Persona 56
Playerunknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG)4
Pyre2
Resident Evil 73
Sonic Mania3
South Park: The Fractured But Whole2
Wolfenstein II: The new Colossus4
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
*only games with 2+ nominations

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Just started playing NieR Automata because I saw it nominated - super weird game out of the gate, with some interesting gameplay modes.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Injustice 2 as I haven’t played too much else and it may have been in the top 3 best stories this year anyway

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Had to decide between BOTW and AC:O. So I looked at which game I had more hours in.... AC:O got my vote. It's very much a longshot but I don't think I will be disappointed with the winner :)

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Went Horizon. It's top 5 ever for me (also never played mario/zelda...YET ;))

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Super Mario Odyssey
CupHead
Destiny 2

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
3210312-9332930073-7903eecd-90d4-44ee-a14f-f60b8fefda1d

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
One day I would love to get the appeal of Zelda, but the result was inevitable.

Honestly it was a bit closer than I was expecting, I thought BotW would get closer to half of the votes.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
One day I would love to get the appeal of Zelda, but the result was inevitable.

Honestly it was a bit closer than I was expecting, I thought BotW would get closer to half of the votes.

Same. Persona 5 being better in the polls then horizon is weird tho

Edit: well it was last time I checked. Lol. Still super close between those two

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I didn't expect BOTW to run away with it. A lot of gamers, and I would think alot of gamers in this site's demographic, simply don't play Nintendo games.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
It's not widely played or available to play without the hardware, but Batman Arkham VR should really be the winner.

You can't put that on for 30 minutes then put on Zelda for 30 minutes back to back and tell me that Zelda is something special. Always a weird group of Nintendo people that gather around one game, given it's the only game they got all year in the barren wasteland that's Nintendo.

Next year they'll release some shit like Donkey Kong 6 and a Pokemon game, which will challenge the polls vs Red Dead Redemption 2.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I didn't expect BOTW to run away with it. A lot of gamers, and I would think alot of gamers in this site's demographic, simply don't play Nintendo games.

Actually, I think this site has a pretty solid Nintendo fan base The Switch thread and the Pokemon thread always seem to be very active.

I think there's quite a few Nintendo exclusive (or almost exclusive) players as well, and I wonder how much that (and platform availability in general) affects these polls. The bigger player bases will obviously dictate polls, but at the same time, I find it interesting how much platform exclusives seem to have outclassed the multi-platform games this year.

The two most active game related threads always seem to be Nintendo or PlayStation, which is reflected nicely in the #1 (Zelda - Nintendo exclusive) and #2 (Horizon - PS4 exclusive) options. In fact, I'm betting the only reason a Nintendo title won was because the PlayStation fan base was more divided on Horizon vs Persona than the Nintendo one was on Zelda vs Mario.

To be clear, I'm not saying other games deserved to win, I just think it's interesting to note voting trends as someone who doesn't currently own a PS4 or Switch (I did play Horizon before selling the PS4 a couple months ago, but I found it to be rather boring:laugh:).

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Well, it's arguably my second favorite game of all time, and definitely my favorite game since the SNES era, so I certainly can't complain about the GotY accolades that BotW has been getting.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00