HF Game of the Year 2016 - Uncharted 4 Wins

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I'd rather rescind my vote for the WoW expansion then include a whole bunch of Downloadable content on 2 year old games.

the only DLC metioned so far other than a WOW expansion is B+W, and it was larger and had more content than most AAA games this year. im fine with including it. just like im fine with you voting for Legion

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Sid Meier's Civilization VI
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
Pokemon Go (somebody had to be the first to say it)
MLB 16

I know this comes up every year, but what was the consensus of remastered games? Do they count as a "new game?" Something like Skyrim Remastered or Valkyria Chronicles Remastered for example.

If so then I will nominate those two as well

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
The only new game that I played that comes close to becoming GOTY worthy is Uncharted 4.

If Blood and Wine can be voted for, it gets mine. Considering the volume of content, it's essentialy the Witcher 3.5.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
Do we only get one vote or are you tallying up every mention?

XCOM 2
Pokemon Sun & Moon

Haven't played it yet but Planet Coaster looks awesome.

Not sure why, but CIV VI just doesn't seem like a big enough improvement on IV and V for me to vote for it. I can't put my finger on what exactly I don't like about it, it for sure is a great game but it's missing something for me. I'm in a long ass game currently and haven't gone back to it in a while.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Do we only get one vote or are you tallying up every mention?

You can nominate unlimited games but you can't nominate the same game twice so if you posted XCOM 2 twice I wouldn't count it twice. Someone else would have to nominate it for the tally to go up.

Usually all games with more than one nomination end up in the final poll but I play that by ear depending on participation :nod:

Man I played like nothing this year other than sports games... I guess Civ 6...

From what I've seen sports games get surprisingly little love in these polls over the years for whatever reason. A lot of them are mediocre cash grabs/roster updates but there are a handful of standouts that could be considered IMO.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Skyrim Special Edition - took one of my favourite games of all time and made it my clear #1.

Civ 6 I've only just started playing so too early for me to form an opinion

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Overall a pretty weak year in gaming for me but I have had fun with a few games

DOOM
Ratchet & Clank
Overwatch

I am also trying to make my time to beat Last Guardian and Inside before year is over to see if they would make a list like this.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
What a terrible year for gaming...

Doom & Witcher 3 Blood & Wine

Sad thing is 2017 looks even worse.

Andromeda, Red Dead 2, maybe Elder Scroll's 6 if Bethesda pulls the same trick as they did with Fallout 4. Andromeda and RDR2 already makes it a better year for me, given that I only bought four games this year (Stellaris, Hearts of Iron IV, Deus Ex Mankind Divided and Civ. 6)

For Microsoft, a bunch of the games they talked about a bit in the last few year are coming out. Scalebound, Sea of Thieves, Halo Wars 2. Looks like a down year for Sony, but there's lots of PC-only games coming out next year that look promising. Also, if people still pay attention to Nintendo the new Zelda game is out. I think next year looks a lot better than 2016.

Last edited:

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
What a terrible year for gaming...

Doom & Witcher 3 Blood & Wine

Sad thing is 2017 looks even worse.

2017 looks like the best year in a very long time to me.

Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Horizon Zero Daw, South Park, Yooka Laylee, Halo Wars 2,Nier Automata, Nintendo Switch Release, Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild, Cuphead, Full Throttle Remastered, Ni No Kuni, Prey, Scalebound, Sea of Thieves, Red Dead Redemption 2, Mass Effect Andromeda and more and whatever new Nintendo exclusive comes with the Nintendo Switch.

Nothing of this fancy you?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad