---> HF ELITE: X-Box 360 GM Connected League! (OFFSEASON & ACTIVITY CHECK!)

Trou Trou Train

This is an Express train to Penn Station!
Aug 28, 2008
Long Island, NY
Hey guys, I've been real busy finishing finals and today is my Uncles birthday who passed away so we've been with family. I'm going to try my best to get a sim in. Sorry about this guys.

Raekwon

Nov 28, 2011
Hey guys, I've been real busy finishing finals and today is my Uncles birthday who passed away so we've been with family. I'm going to try my best to get a sim in. Sorry about this guys.

Man it's only a game, family is more important.don't worry about it

Souray44

Jan 26, 2004
Mtl
is this the last day? I tried to sign my guys on day 2 & prolly wont be able to sign on today/tonight...if i lose a bunch of my guys, im gonna be raged.

Today is the last day i'd say.

Remember theres 29 other GMs homeskillet so waiting on 1 is just goofy. Get your butt on there for 5 mins adn get that **** done if you care so much or be raged! Let's keep'r rolling. Had an extra day for day 3 as well so we're on day 4 of resign period thats gotta suffice.

noexult

Oct 24, 2011
Oslo
There is still alot of players not signed on different teams...looks like FA market will be tasty. Something needs to be done

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Are there teams with zero QO out to RFAs? That's a red flag that they haven't been on. In that case, we can always make their players "off-limits" to other teams for some period in July.

Souray44

Jan 26, 2004
Mtl
Are there teams with zero QO out to RFAs? That's a red flag that they haven't been on. In that case, we can always make their players "off-limits" to other teams for some period in July.

Somebody would sign them i'm sure before seeing it here and it'd all get messed. Best to replace if we need to before we advance.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Somebody would sign them i'm sure before seeing it here and it'd all get messed. Best to replace if we need to before we advance.

Yeah, well they would have to trade them back. There are ways of fixing it.

We aren't in a position to replace that many inactives, I don't think. I'm not sure we have a waiting list.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
sorry dudes, got life and xmas stuff to deal with....i can be on later tonight like 10-11pm est to try to get all my cats resigned or see who accepted deals and didnt and give me a chance to resign them..
Like I said, I've sent out contracts to a bunch of peeps on one day, went on the next night and it still wasn't advanced cuz the commish was dealing with family stuff, just saying its not that fair for people that have alot going on & work and all that jazz, i'm sure alot of people may bail on the league too if they lose alot of key guys & that would suck cuz these leagues pretty alright in my books.

cleaner claude

Oct 4, 2012

I dont really believe players should be "off limits" in a case like this. People have had enough time now to get started on signing free agents, we all have life issues to deal with, if someone hasnt taken the time to at least log on here or xbox to see what the league is up to they shouldnt be rewarded for being irresponsible to the league IMO.

If someone's checking in here at least and letting you all know what the deal is and why they cant get it done, then maybe extra time should be allowed for them, but not someone who just isnt doing anything or checking in at least, thats not fair to the rest of us here at all

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
I dont really believe players should be "off limits" in a case like this. People have had enough time now to get started on signing free agents, we all have life issues to deal with, if someone hasnt taken the time to at least log on here or xbox to see what the league is up to they shouldnt be rewarded for being irresponsible to the league IMO.

If someone's checking in here at least and letting you all know what the deal is and why they cant get it done, then maybe extra time should be allowed for them, but not someone who just isnt doing anything or checking in at least, thats not fair to the rest of us here at all

Here's the thing--in theory and principle, I completely agree.

In practice, if 10 teams are rendered unplayable by not resigning any of their key players (and, likely, by missing the boat on the first UFA window), I think it threatens the viability of the league. That's why we'd have to do it, not because the individual GMs necessarily deserve it, but because leaving multiple teams completely incapable of competing makes it harder for the league to function.

(Thus the reason we've gone through about 4 Anaheim GMs).

Malakian#13

Mar 7, 2003
Seattle
Visit site
If you kick players before the June 28th sim then you guys should be fine as far as the CPU signing their RFA's , however if you wait until before the final sim (june 29th-June 30th) they won't resign anybody. Just found this out the hard way in my league!

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
If you kick players before the June 28th sim then you guys should be fine as far as the CPU signing their RFA's , however if you wait until before the final sim (june 29th-June 30th) they won't resign anybody. Just found this out the hard way in my league!

Then we're too late. :laugh:

Raekwon

Nov 28, 2011
I leave on the 20th for a week. By waiting for guys who haven't even checked the league, it completely screws me over and I've been on every night. It's not really fair to cater to people who don't care about the league.

cleaner claude

Oct 4, 2012
Here's the thing--in theory and principle, I completely agree.

In practice, if 10 teams are rendered unplayable by not resigning any of their key players (and, likely, by missing the boat on the first UFA window), I think it threatens the viability of the league. That's why we'd have to do it, not because the individual GMs necessarily deserve it, but because leaving multiple teams completely incapable of competing makes it harder for the league to function.

(Thus the reason we've gone through about 4 Anaheim GMs).

I understand what you mean but if we go the route of "off limits" free agents for teams that haven't checked in, then it completely undermines what the rest of us have done.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
I understand what you mean but if we go the route of "off limits" free agents for teams that haven't checked in, then it completely undermines what the rest of us have done.

Is anyone completely done with their resign phase?

They could jump on for some of the teams and at least qualify the players and send out one round of offers.

noexult

Oct 24, 2011
Oslo
This doesn't look good for a few of the teams...they are going to be totally screwed over...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad