HF Boards Proposal: Possible Deal on Table

• Thread starter two out of three*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

two out of three*

http://www.angelfire.com/ultra2/hfproposal/CBA

There is the link. Keep in mind this isn't the final deal. Still waiting on the owners approval. I made this just in case it is accepted because I was bored all day waiting around for news during the real meetings.

IMO with a higher luxury tax in this proposal it could work, even without the trade window in arbitration that was eliminated in this offer.

Tell me if that link doesn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
TiesRLikeWins4Us said:
https://createpdf.adobe.com/cgi-pic...106d6ed96b2eecb4a3d6&CDS=4203ED92-61F0-083222

There is the link. Keep in mind this isn't the final deal. Still waiting on the owners approval. I made this just in case it is accepted because I was bored all day waiting around for news during the real meetings.

IMO with a higher luxury tax in this proposal it could work, even without the trade window in arbitration that was eliminated in this offer.

Excellent...hopefully the ownership can see eye-to-eye with our philosophy.

Feb 28, 2002
Abbotsford, BC
Visit site
The only part I am confused about is the 50 hard cap, but a soft cap of 40 and then 45 if teams go over 40?

I just want to be clear, 40 is the ceilng where you would pay no penalties?

And what happens to the funds created by going over the 40 and 45 threash hold?

two out of three*

Its a $30M Floor, and a $50M Ceilling (Hard Cap.)

When a team htis $40M in payroll then they pay a lux tax of dollar for dollar. THEN, when they hit $45M they have to pay a tax of 1.25 for every dollar. (which I think should be higher.)

As for the funds.. 20% goes strictly to marketing the league ( im the idiot who forgot to add that in :) )

Feb 28, 2002
Abbotsford, BC
Visit site
TiesRLikeWins4Us said:
Its a $30M Floor, and a $50M Ceilling (Hard Cap.)

When a team htis $40M in payroll then they pay a lux tax of dollar for dollar. THEN, when they hit $45M they have to pay a tax of 1.25 for every dollar. (which I think should be higher.)

As for the funds.. 20% goes strictly to marketing the league ( im the idiot who forgot to add that in :) )

where does the other 80% get dispersed? What makes a team qualify for these funds?

two out of three*

Biggest Canuck Fan said:
where does the other 80% get dispersed? What makes a team qualify for these funds?

The other 80% hasn't been decided yet. Remember thats not a final offer, there are still some other things that must be worked out. We were leaning I believe to dispersing that other 80% to the poorer teams in the league starting with the poorest first.

That would've been the case, but the PA don't want a cent going to an owner like Wirtz.

two out of three*

Any thoughts on what we should stick with/change?

Feb 28, 2002
Abbotsford, BC
Visit site
Well there has to be a measurable system for where the money goes.

Teams that, based on the previous system, made negative to 2 million profit (as outlined in part XXX of the CBA) will receive a share of 50% of the moneys collected from the teams that are in Cap violation.

Teams that, based on the previous system, made 2 million plus recieve a share of 30% of the monies collected.

Teams that spend over the Cap of 40 million are ineligible for the said monies.

20% of the monies collected from the over spending teams will be distributed and used by the NHLPA and NHL to promot the games in the markets where attendance is below league average.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
As a PA guy, the one thing I couldnt stress enough, was that people like Bill Wertz should not be handed over tax money for putting a ****** team on the ice..No further comments.

two out of three*

OilerFan4Life said:
As a PA guy, the one thing I couldnt stress enough, was that people like Bill Wertz should not be handed over tax money for putting a ****** team on the ice..No further comments.

I tend to disagree... A new CBA is supposed to be for all 30 teams.. Not 29.

Even IF it is Wirtz.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
TiesRLikeWins4Us said:
I tend to disagree... A new CBA is supposed to be for all 30 teams.. Not 29.

Even IF it is Wirtz.

Id just like to say that I was mis-quoted earlier today. The "media" seems to take things out of context during these rough negotiating periods. :p:

Trottier

Very Random
Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
As one involved in this faux-CBA exercise, I think more than 20% of luxury tax proceeds should be devoted toward league marketing. The rest should not be handed out to the poorer teams in the league, based on some some welfare-like equation. That would reward failure. It should be vested in a "NHL rainy day" account, with proceeds granted only on a very strict "hardship case" basis to individual teams.

That is, if a franchise is truly facing financial peril, as defined by several clear parameters, it should be able to apply for financial aid from the aforementioned account. The commisioner would have jurisdiction over dispersement.

No mandated handouts. But at the same time, the monies could be used to help a team(s) avoid financial ruin, which could ultimately result in re-location or bankruptcy. For, despite the casual way in which some fans deal with the hypothetical loss of NHL franchises, it would not be a healthy development for the league, whatsoever.

Last edited:

speeds

Feb 27, 2002
St.Albert
Visit site
one thing the luxury tax money could be used for is to pay out the award bonuses.

Are those bonuses extra when compared to what is available now in individual contracts, or would they replace those bonuses?

Meaning that players aren't allowed to have clauses like 500 K for winning the Hart in their contract anymore, since those bonuses now come from the league and not the team?

Some other comments:

(1) player 25 game injured clause - does this mean that the games beyond the first 25 don't count if the player doesn't come back within 25 games, or do the first 25 not count either?

(2)Why 7 years service? Just a negotiated number?

(3) how will you deal with signing/ performance bonuses as it relates to the cap? Are they even allowed anymore?

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
speeds said:
one thing the luxury tax money could be used for is to pay out the award bonuses.

Are those bonuses extra when compared to what is available now in individual contracts, or would they replace those bonuses?

Meaning that players aren't allowed to have clauses like 500 K for winning the Hart in their contract anymore, since those bonuses now come from the league and not the team?

Some other comments:

(1) player 25 game injured clause - does this mean that the games beyond the first 25 don't count if the player doesn't come back within 25 games, or do the first 25 not count either?

(3) how will you deal with signing/ performance bonuses as it relates to the cap? Are they even allowed anymore?

lol...I dont remember any of those talks. All I can tell you, is that the 7 years was an owners number. Meaning 7 seasons of atleast 60 games though.

two out of three*

speeds said:

Some other comments:

1) The first 25 games count as games played. Any game after the 25th does not count unless he comes off the injured list.

2) PA offered 5 years or age 26 which IMO is riduclous. Owners negotiated it to 7 years or age 29, and the full season number got bumped down to 50.

3) My feeling is that bonuses do not go against the cap.

two out of three*

speeds said:
***flashing lights, buzzers, bells and sirens going off***

I dont know if we are going to put that in the deal. That was just my thinking.

two out of three*

OilerFan4Life said:
When are the owners meeting? I wanna get this deal signed and delivered.

Match the owners concessions, and we can get something going.. :)

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
TiesRLikeWins4Us said:
https://createpdf.adobe.com/cgi-pic...106d6ed96b2eecb4a3d6&CDS=4203ED92-61F0-083222

Tell me if that link doesn't work.

could someone host this on a different website?

I don't have a document ID or Adobe login

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad