Hey now! Let's Not Forget About Pittsburgh!

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
iqm92wpesqs21.jpg

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I mean, what do you want? We've won back to back Cups recently and have paid the price for that in prospects/picks. We're getting older.

The window isn't closed but it's closing. But no regrets.
They just wanna gloat. Anyone that hates on us and has 0 cups with their team or less then 3 all I gotta say is suck it! We may not get any more with this core but we got 3 with our core including back to back, so I could care less what other peoples opinions are and I hope to read more people hating. Eventually we will fall but in the meantime we have 3 and that's all that matters. We will fall, then build up and contend again.

Griffin6612

Jun 28, 2007
Hah love intentional crap on a team threads. Lower seeded team who played awful all year.

Team makes history and lose to a playoff team that never got more than 2 wins in a round.

But the penuinssssss!!!!

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Swept as well in the first round for the first time in over 30 years.
Sure, but the Islanders were the better team and higher seed. Many people forget that since the majority were picking them to win.

Not to say that this was good for Pittsburgh (it obviously wasn't), but it just wasn't historic like Tampa's was. Tampa was the first President's Trophy winner not to tally a single playoff win. They had what, a 15 win spread over Columbus in the 82 game sample? Tampa's is the historic collapse, Pittsburgh is just the regular sweep.

What happened to Tampa probably won't ever happen again. At least in our lifetimes.
What happened to Pittsburgh probably happens to at least one of the playoff teams next year, and the year after that and the year after that and the...

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
First step in Pittsburgh’s retool: stop adding guys who are among the worst defenders in the league. Seriously, Jack Johnson AND Gudbranson? These are the guys you want on the ice with your high octane forwards?

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
First step in Pittsburgh’s retool: stop adding guys who are among the worst defenders in the league. Seriously, Jack Johnson AND Gudbranson? These are the guys you want on the ice with your high octane forwards?

Gudbranson was arguably our best defenseman this series. He hasn't been bad at all in Pittsburgh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad