Half-Assed GDT: He's back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Ref,”we’ve seen enough of your PP. You’re are better off 5v5”

You realize that "you're" is the contraction for "you are", right? You literally wrote you are are here.

Grammar aside, I completely agree with your statement about the 5 on 5 play for us most nights this season.

Reactions: fcpremix88

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
You realize that "you're" is the contraction for "you are", right? You literally wrote you are are here.

Grammar aside, I completely agree with your statement about the 5 on 5 play for us most nights this season.

That’s what happens when you are watching the game and typing. I’m fully aware that “you’re” means “you are”.

Reactions: RoarBacon

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
You mean you don't proofread your internet message board posts like it's your doctoral dissertation? Weird.

I'm always late to the GDT because no one will peer review my comments during the game...

In all seriousness, 90% or more of my edits are done because I don't proof read at all before I submit. I'll hit submit, notice something laughably terrible, re-read my entire post, make like 10 changes and then move on.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Wow, just wow. 64 posts and you are nitpicking grammar of a regular poster. That's one way to never be taken seriously again on this forum. What were you hoping to accomplish by pointing out what was obviously someone's typo? I would understand it if you are trying to under-cut someone in a disagreement. I would still think it was insufferable, but there would be a clear motivation. In this case you agreed with him. I just do not see what the point of your post was.

I'm always late to the GDT because no one will peer review my comments during the game...

In all seriousness, 90% or more of my edits are done because I don't proof read at all before I submit. I'll hit submit, notice something laughably terrible, re-read my entire post, make like 10 changes and then move on.

lol I do the exact same thing. Its a race to fix all my typos before someone comes along and quotes me, forever preserving the mistakes. I usually lose that race.

Reactions: Lord Helix

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Its about damn time someone around here started holding our posters to a higher standard for grammar and syntax. Long past due. Especially the non-native English speakers. We've been letting folks skate by with minimum effort. For example, I don't want to see Ranksu talking about the team 'debt' ever again. Its DEPTH. DEPTH DAMMIT!

Reactions: The Note

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Its about damn time someone around here started holding our posters to a higher standard for grammar and syntax. Long past due. Especially the non-native English speakers. We've been letting folks skate by with minimum effort. For example, I don't want to see Ranksu talking about the team 'debt' ever again. Its DEPTH. DEPTH DAMMIT!

How do you know that he isn't referring to something owed by the team?

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
lol I do the exact same thing. Its a race to fix all my typos before someone comes along and quotes me, forever preserving the mistakes. I usually lose that race.
I'm also a compulsive typo fixer. Thankfully, though, it doesn't matter if I lose the race or not. ;)

I have to admit that it can be hard for me at times to leave the typos of others in place. They are like little grammatical micro-singularities that alter the curvature of the space around them. Once my eyes move over one, they keep getting sliding back. If there are two in the same sentence, I might as well be looking at this.

f179d67039223f0c61763fb1941c57f5.jpg

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
depth runs four lines deep, so it's actually depth, DEPTH, dept, depth

Bye Felicia

Apr 26, 2016
I will severely judge anybody who fails to adhere to the following commonly violated grammar rules:
  • Numbers from one to nine are written out; numbers greater than 10 may be expressed in Arabic numerals
  • Always put a comma after a full date, no matter how stupid you think it looks
  • Add apostrophe plus "s" to indicate the singular possessive for words ending in "s"
  • In American English, periods and commas always go inside the closing quotation mark
  • Use a comma before "which," which indicates a preceding non-restrictive element; do not use a comma before "that," which indicates a preceding restrictive element
  • Don't italicize commonly used Latin (e.g., "e.g.")
  • Use a comma or the word "and" between coordinate adjectives
  • Hyphenate adjectives when the meaning is ambiguous without a hyphen; never hyphen an adverb to an adjective unless the two effectively form a single, standalone descriptor (e.g., "wholly-owned")
  • Separate complete sentences with a semicolon or em dash, not a comma--the choice between semicolon and em dash is a judgment call based on the strength of the break
  • Use an en dash to separate ranges, such as page numbers
  • The Oxford/serial comma is optional in American English but you're a clown if you don't use it

Come on.

Dis is internet forum u type how u want u r 2 srs

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
I'm also a compulsive typo fixer. Thankfully, though, it doesn't matter if I lose the race or not. ;)

I have to admit that it can be hard for me at times to leave the typos of others in place. They are like little grammatical micro-singularities that alter the curvature of the space around them. Once my eyes move over one, they keep getting sliding back. If there are two in the same sentence, I might as well be looking at this.

f179d67039223f0c61763fb1941c57f5.jpg

Dat toroid doe...

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
So I guess I'm going to anticipate a half-assed GDT tomorrow with every player having their name misspelled.

fcpremix88

Mar 9, 2007
Tampa

I hope your happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad