Hershey (AHL) and South Carolina (ECHL) 2014-15 Season

bloodandashes

Feb 5, 2015
Anyone got news about where Vrana might play next year?
I know he's been going good in Hershey.
Are the plan to keep him in the AHL next year or will we be so lucky to have him in LHC?
To me he's lost for us. At least we got to see him for 1 season in a offensive role 1st/2nd-line.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Are the plan to keep him in the AHL next year or will we be so lucky to have him in LHC?
To me he's lost for us. At least we got to see him for 1 season in a offensive role 1st/2nd-line.

I would think he'll be in Hershey based on the reviews of his play.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

He's said he wants to play in North America next year, even if that's in Hershey. I imagine that's where he'll be.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
What can you guys tell me about Connor Carrick? I know you have a little bit of a logjam at the defense spot but what I read it appears that he is close to being ready. What kind of production do you expect from him? Thanks.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
What can you guys tell me about Connor Carrick? I know you have a little bit of a logjam at the defense spot but what I read it appears that he is close to being ready. What kind of production do you expect from him? Thanks.

Very talented. He shouldn't have been in the NHL at all last year -- he was significantly outmatched physically -- but you could see the talent was there. If he gets better defensively, I think he can be a 2RD who can QB a PP. Should see time with the Caps next year.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010

What can you tell me about Sharp?

:sarcasm:

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Very talented. He shouldn't have been in the NHL at all last year -- he was significantly outmatched physically -- but you could see the talent was there. If he gets better defensively, I think he can be a 2RD who can QB a PP. Should see time with the Caps next year.

Basically this with an emphasis on the defense part. That is the glaring hole in his game and other than that he is basically a cheaper and smaller version of Mike Green. Next season will be interesting to see how he compares to Madison Bowey since they both most likely play top minutes in Hershey

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
What can you tell me about Sharp?

:sarcasm:

Thanks for the info guys. I was interested in Carrick for fantasy purposes.

In terms of Sharp, I don't have a good explanation for his lack of production this year. His shot % did go down to 7% from 11% the previous season and his TOI was cut by over 2 minutes. There have been a lot of rumors of off-the-ice behavior that has likely affected line chemistry. And he simply didn't play with the quality of teammates he did the previous season which can be attributed to an injury that caused him to miss a couple weeks coupled with Versteeg's hot streak in the middle of the season which took his 2nd line slot. He played over half his shifts this season on the 3rd and 4th lines without Kane, Toews, Hossa, and Saad. The guy is 33 so he should have another couple seasons of production. I think with a change of scenery and some quality linemates, he should get back to 60 pts.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
It's far from a guarantee that Carrick ever becomes a "complete" defenseman, especially given his stature, but he's got the talent to be a useful player in the NHL. His skating and intuition are great, and he's fiesty for his size. He will fight for the 3RD spot out of camp next season, but he's an underdog when compared to Schmidt, Orlov, or a veteran addition.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Tim Kennedy signs with Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk in the KHL. Tough blow but I think his production can be replaced. Hershey's #1 priority now should be to get Jim O'Brien resigned or look for another potential 1C for next fall. O'Brien showed great chemistry with Vrana and a first line of Vrana-O'Brien-X would be solid

Rumblick

Nov 23, 2004
I - 78
Garrett Mitchell re-signs - two years, two-way deal

This is a good deal for both sides. Mitch was on his way to DC when the injuries hit. He was really coming around late this season and into the playoffs. He's still only 23 and a non-AHL veteran, and could still conceivably carve out a 4th line spot in time if he can get his form back. If nothing else, one of the most popular Bears is around for the next two seasons.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania

I don't necessarily disagree but it's not like he was going to push anyone out of the top 2 lines (Galiev, Wellman, etc.). He knows his role which is to grind the other team down and contribute here and there and he did that very well in the playoffs. The 4th line arguably was the best throughout the playoffs. Mitchell also is a very good PK guy. I bet he gets a legitimate shot at making the Caps as a 4th liner next season.

Rumblick

Nov 23, 2004
I - 78
I don't necessarily disagree but it's not like he was going to push anyone out of the top 2 lines (Galiev, Wellman, etc.). He knows his role which is to grind the other team down and contribute here and there and he did that very well in the playoffs. The 4th line arguably was the best throughout the playoffs. Mitchell also is a very good PK guy. I bet he gets a legitimate shot at making the Caps as a 4th liner next season.

I can't see it this coming season unless the Caps open up some spots with player moves. He did have 15 goals just 2 seasons ago, and I think it took him into February of this season before he was looking like his old self. If he can get all the way back; match the goals from 12-13, get a few more assists, and keep playing the hard-nosed two-way game he's known for, he could get an in-season call up and maybe work on a full-time spot in 2016-17.

Rumblick

Nov 23, 2004
I - 78
BTW, with Wellman & Kennedy gone, Conner and Newbury doubtful to be back, and Galiev likely to get a serious shot at a spot in DC, the Bears could go into next season missing their top 5 scorers from last season. Carrick & O'Brien could possibly have NHL jobs next season, making 7 out of the top 8. Could be fun if they only sign a few vets and let the upcoming kids (Vrana, Djoos, Bowey, Stephenson, etc.) carry a heavier load.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
BTW, with Wellman & Kennedy gone, Conner and Newbury doubtful to be back, and Galiev likely to get a serious shot at a spot in DC, the Bears could go into next season missing their top 5 scorers from last season. Carrick & O'Brien could possibly have NHL jobs next season, making 7 out of the top 8. Could be fun if they only sign a few vets and let the upcoming kids (Vrana, Djoos, Bowey, Stephenson, etc.) carry a heavier load.
I actually don't have a problem with Conner or Kennedy being gone. Were they great players? Yes, they were dynamic in the regular season, but the playoffs they were a non factor against the playoff physicality and especially the Hartford series. My guess is that the Caps/Bears sign Jim O'Brien (Unless he goes for the money in Europe) and the Bears bring back Byers. Then then should try to bring in another scorer and use the rest of the vet spots on D. Mix the vets with a combination of Vrana, Herbet, Barber, Brown, Bowey, Djoos, Stephenson, Mitchell, Boyd, L. O'Brien, Walker, Carrick, and possibly Wey if he's fully healthy and ready to come back. It's going to be a youth movement but I think that might be a good thing.

Rumblick

Nov 23, 2004
I - 78
I actually don't have a problem with Conner or Kennedy being gone. Were they great players? Yes, they were dynamic in the regular season, but the playoffs they were a non factor against the playoff physicality and especially the Hartford series. My guess is that the Caps/Bears sign Jim O'Brien (Unless he goes for the money in Europe) and the Bears bring back Byers. Then then should try to bring in another scorer and use the rest of the vet spots on D. Mix the vets with a combination of Vrana, Herbet, Barber, Brown, Bowey, Djoos, Stephenson, Mitchell, Boyd, L. O'Brien, Walker, Carrick, and possibly Wey if he's fully healthy and ready to come back. It's going to be a youth movement but I think that might be a good thing.

Just spitballing, but:

1) O'Brien made it fairly clear in post-interviews that he wants a legit shot at an NHL job next season. I can't see that happening in Washington, so I can't see him staying in the organization.

2) If they don't replace the scoring they got from the above players, the playoffs may not be an issue. :D

3) I would love to see two vet forwards (one being current Hartford property with ties to this area) & 2 vet D-men. The system talent (which is as good as it's been for quite some time) and Yingst's hand at finding "non-veteran veterans" (players with experience who've not yet hit the magic number of games played) can fill the roster out. We will need to find size - none of the incomings except for Bowey are all that big.

Can't wait till July 1st !!

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The Stingrays lost 6-1 in Game 7 of the Kelly Cup finals last night. Caleb Herbert finished with 14 points in 27 playoff games.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Lots of news out of Hershey today. Troy Mann, Bryan Helmer, and Ryan Murphy were all given multi year contracts and Murphy was promoted from Assistan/Video Coach to Assistant Coach.

Tomas Kundratek is joining Kennedy and Wellman in the KHL next season and has signed with Dinamo Riga. Michal Čajkovský also jumped the pond and has signed with HC Lev Praha.

Former Bear Keith Aucoin is staying in Europe and has joined EHC München of the German league for next season, where he will be teammates again with Steve Pinizzotto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad