Hershey (AHL) and Reading (ECHL) 2013-14 Season

ovikaps

Sep 26, 2013
Mulhouse
Welcome. He's supposed to be playing in Russia but damn if I can find anything as to where. Not sure if he's fully healthy to begin with.

Thanks! Heard the same, but wasn't able to learn more about it, even on his tweeter account. Not sure he knows himself where he belongs...

Millhaus said:
So it is the Aussie equivalent of The Pißwasser: Cheap German Lager For Export Only...?
The Bud is terrible indeed. But Oktoberfest is coming :yo:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Strong start for the Bears in their exhibition opener, a 6-0 win over Utica. Goals from Walker, Brittain, Leblanc, Whitmore, Ruegsegger & Mitchell.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Strong start for the Bears in their exhibition opener, a 6-0 win over Utica. Goals from Walker, Brittain, Leblanc, Whitmore, Ruegsegger & Mitchell.

Scoring summary from Utica's site:

1st Period
HER 16:09 Walker Taffe Wey
HER 4:56 Brittain Watkins Wey
HER (PP) 3:22 LeBlanc Genoway Galiev
2nd Period
3rd Period
HER (PP) 14:52 Whitmore LeBlanc Genoway
HER (PP) 14:17 Ruegsegger Segal Stoa
HER 2:37 Mitchell Johnson Broulette

Leggio was in net; it was easier to count the guys who didn't have points. Sounded like Utica (Vancouver) didn't bring many regulars, but I didn't see the line-up.

@UticaComets
Starting Line-up for your Utica #Comets: Jesse Mychan centering DeFazio and Lain. On the blueline: Polasek, & Biega. In net: Joe Cannata.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
If Utica dressed most of their opening day lineup they are in for a very long season. Very one sided game that provided us with a showing of Cam Schilling's nasty streak. Got hit after the whistle and then had a helluva fight.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Hershey Bears ‏@TheHersheyBears
Bears release G Matt Tendler, D Bryant Molle and F Louke Oakley. #AHL #HBH

So 2 of 3 invites not affiliated with Reading were released.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Looks Hershey's blue line will feature a lot of S and K sounds. Strachan/Schmidt/Schilling and Kundratek/Carrick/Cjakovsky. :laugh:

Heck, even Genoway and Wey have the same last syllable. :laugh:

Liberati0n*

Looks Hershey's blue line will feature a lot of S and K sounds. Strachan/Schmidt/Schilling and Kundratek/Carrick/Cjakovsky. :laugh:

rofl

also lmao

ovikaps

Sep 26, 2013
Mulhouse
I took a look at the Bears camp roster yesterday. Just to be sure, the Caps have no right on Josh Brittain or Tyler Ruegsegger?

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA

Shades of the Capitals team from the late 70's when they had Jim Bedard, Bob Girard and Robert Picard all on the team together.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
It will be interesting to see who the final 1 or 2 cuts were. It really is up the air because of the solid preseason play.

The Brittain injury and the gap between Hershey's opening night and when Reading opens on 10/19 means there's some time to see how things play out. Don't forget there's also an AHL vet issue for now with this roster, as they have one more than the number that can dress for any specific game. Definitely some players who would have no problem making another AHL roster who will be scratched as this sorts itself out.

So opening night was a 4-3 OT loss. Two SHGs by the Bears and gave up one PPG. game summary at AHL.com

From Leone's coverage to start the game:

Scratches: Brittain (inj.), Wey, Johnson (vet), Galiev, J. Mitchell, Stoa, Brouillette, Wellar, Cajkovsky, Kolomatis

D-pairs: Schilling-Kundratek, Schmidt-Strachan, Orlov-Genoway

Byers (C) -Taffe (A)-Walker
Whitmore-Wellman-Segal
Ruegsegger-Latta-Mitchell (A)
Watkins-LeBlanc-Rechlicz

Check out plenty of coverage leading up to opening night and the game coverage by Tim Leone and Dave Sottile's at http://www.pennlive.com/hersheybears/

Also, Reading's camp has opened and Jason Guaranete's coverage should pick up. Link to training camp story.

OT: Andrew Gordon story from The Telegram

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
It is disappointing but even more so given there's a new coaching staff in place at the AHL level, although on paper I don't see Galiev as a Havliand-type player from what I know of Haviland. While there's a lot of talent on paper with Hershey, I'm confident if he had earned a place on that team, it would have been his to take from an organizational standpoint, so it says something about his camp. From my perspective along with not contributing on the scoreboard last year at the AHL level, he had a lot to learn about how to play away from the puck. At the NHL level this year, he played 2 preseason games and then was sent to Hershey.

So for now, Reading. Hershey is known for carrying extra players, especially at the beginning of the season, but the schedule is light right now, too. Only one game so far and one game this coming weekend and they still have a number of extra players.

Sat, Oct 5, 2013 4-3 OT loss
Sat, Oct 12, 2013
Fri, Oct 18, 2013
Sat, Oct 19, 2013
Sat, Oct 26, 2013
Sun, Oct 27, 2013

I believe there are still 16F (incl. Brittain who was injured during preseason) on the roster in Hershey. 9D after Wey and Cajkovsky were sent to Reading today. Reading's preseason is starting up.

Last edited:

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Leone article with comments from Orlov about LD RD among other things. Also, Orlov "currently is battling pink eye in his right eye that is affecting his vision."

“We played the first game,†Orlov said. “I played not good.â€

Haviland comments on roster demotions, vets, schedule. link to article

2014 AHL Hall of Fame Class with a former Bear (Bobby Perreault) and a former Capital (John Slaney)

http://theahl.com/ahl-hall-of-fame-class-of-2014-set-p187710

Reading/Riley Gill article by Jason Guarente

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad