Player Discussion Henrik Lundqvist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
He is retiring a Ranger which sadly means he's probably gonna retire ringless. I doubt he'd wanna go any win anywhere else anyway. And now that he's getting old, why move your family to a new city and everything. He costs a lot of dough so Rangers would have to do him a HUGE ONE and retain on his deal and get bent over in any trade.

It just isn't really feasible to go anywhere else at this point. When he signed that monster deal, he said he's retiring a Ranger.

Reactions: RoarLionRoar

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
He is retiring a Ranger which sadly means he's probably gonna retire ringless. I doubt he'd wanna go any win anywhere else anyway. And now that he's getting old, why move your family to a new city and everything. He costs a lot of dough so Rangers would have to do him a HUGE ONE and retain on his deal and get bent over in any trade.

It just isn't really feasible to go anywhere else at this point. When he signed that monster deal, he said he's retiring a Ranger.

I'm looking for a sad face "Like" button like the one on Facebook.

Reactions: LiasAndersson

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007
Well maybe Hank will learn something from Ovie this year and turn it up to monster level one of these next few seasons before he retires so he can finally win. Granted he did that in 2014 and they lost, but it was damn close.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Anyone that played more games for another team isn't the greatest Ranger.

IMHO, of course. I'd put Leetch & Hank above Messier.
I think what Messier was able to help lead this team to do is something that cannot be understated.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
I think what Messier was able to help lead this team to do is something that cannot be understated.

Who won the Conn Smythe that year, again?

Hey, I'm not taking anything away from Messier. He's a great Ranger. But, I don't want to forget, either, that he had a great 6 year run here and then came back as a 40 year old. That's not enough for me to be number one overall on the list. There are some that would argue that this team actually underperformed those 6 years given the roster. Not an argument I'd make considering the weight of history that they were fighting against.

Remember, too, that there were seven years that this franchise failed to see the post season until a certain goaltender came along and this franchise had, arguably, it's best 12 year run as a franchise ever.

Leetch should've been a career Ranger and I don't care what that stupid trade brought back. On his birthday, no less, iirc.

To each his own. I get where you're coming from.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I don't care if Lundqvist plays for only Rangers out of all NHL teams, trade him and get good assets in return and bring in Shestyerkin.

Elvis P

Everybody on the whole cell block
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Technically Gretzky. :P But I'd rank them as of now: Messier, Leetch, and then Hank.
If you want to talk about who was the best NHL player for their whole career and you exclude the former Oilers, it's Park easily. He's one of the top 50 players of all time, top dozen dmen of all time, better than Leetch and Hank, and if Orr hadn't played, Brad would have won at least 5 of those Orr Norris Trophies.

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Well maybe Hank will learn something from Ovie this year and turn it up to monster level one of these next few seasons before he retires so he can finally win. Granted he did that in 2014 and they lost, but it was damn close.

Maybe Henrik can turn it up to monster levels?

Where the f*** have been since 2005 because it certainly wasn’t in this galaxy.

Last edited:
Reactions: nevesis

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
If you want to talk about who was the best NHL player for their whole career and you exclude the former Oilers, it's Park easily. He's one of the top 50 players of all time, top dozen dmen of all time, better than Leetch and Hank, and if Orr hadn't played, Brad would have won at least 5 of those Orr Norris Trophies.

Agree - but another guy that spent more years NOT being a Ranger than being a Ranger. Not > Leetch or Hank to me.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Right now, I have Richter ahead of Hank. Hank is the better goaltender overall, but Richter has the Cup.

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph

I loved Brad but Jean Ratelle can challenge him if you are looking at entire NHL careers for former Rangers. Rod Gilbert can't be excluded from the best Rangers only list either.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009

I see him playing for Frolunda again and participating in WC's for Sweden at 40+. Not elsewhere in the NHL though. Returning to one's home club is a big thing in Euro sports.

AKA Chief

Sep 29, 2017
Leetch should've been a career Ranger and I don't care what that stupid trade brought back. On his birthday, no less, iirc.

Although I agree, I will also throw out the random thought that the Rangers would have been better off had they traded Leetch instead of Zubov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad