Player Discussion Henrik Lundqvist Hockey Hall of Fame Induction weekend

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
No, it bugged me a bit too. Hank is a different tier of HOFer, and I wish there had been some way for them to recognize that.

Honestly, it's ridiculously impressive.

They're so much older than he is, they had such elite scoring talent in front of them.

Who was the greatest forward Hank ever played with? 39 year old Jagr? Gaborik? Ugh. Hank is god. You put a stacked offensive team in front of that guy and he wins multiple cups, zero doubt in my mind. I always said it, give Hank those teams brodeur had and Hank would've put up better numbers than unc dad.

Last edited:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

They're so much older than he is, they had such elite scoring talent in front of them.

Who was the greatest forward hand ever played with? 39 year old Jagr? Gaborik? Ugh. Hank is god. You put a stacked offensive team in front of that guy and he wins multiple cups, zero doubt in my mind. I always said it, give Hank those teams brodeur had and Hank would've put up better numbers than unc dad.

Oh, easily. I view Brodeur as a(n elite) compiler in a way. Excellent goaltender (elite for sure), but nowhere even close to the most talented. Not remotely close.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Oh, easily. I view Brodeur as a(n elite) compiler in a way. Excellent goaltender (elite for sure), but nowhere even close to the most talented. Not remotely close.

I don't think he's the most talented either but he sure was more fun to watch than guy like Vasilevskiy. And this is coming from a Rangers fan. He was very athletic and played that way.

Reactions: romba

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
I don't think he's the most talented either but he sure was more fun to watch than guy like Vasilevskiy. And this is coming from a Rangers fan. He was very athletic and played that way.

Yeah, but Hanks technique during his time was the greatest kryptonite to the entire league and scoring generally at the time. The only TWO players out of the thousands he played against who ever 'had his number' (and his game evolved to better suit these two specifically which is actually insane to think about) were the greatest f*cking goal scorer that ever existed on earth and another guy who is currently #15 all time NHL scoring.

*And Hank being a beautiful stud in his absolute legendary prime in front of aging, washed Brodeur was wonderful to watch. Brodeur praised Hank at his end too.

Reactions: JCProdigy

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah, but Hanks technique during his time was the greatest kryptonite to the entire league and scoring generally at the time. The only TWO players out of the thousands he played against who ever 'had his number' (and his game evolved to better suit these two specifically which is actually insane to think about) were the greatest f*cking goal scorer that ever existed on earth and another guy who is currently #15 all time NHL scoring.

*And Hank being a beautiful stud in his absolute legendary prime in front of aging, washed Brodeur was wonderful to watch. Brodeur praised Hank at his end too.

I was talkig about Brodeur in my post.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
I was talkig about Brodeur in my post.
tumblr_n7edilpQoX1tr6yqoo3_500.gif

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
just checked it out. should be a trigger warning in there for those still wanting to murder Alec Martinez :laugh:

Reactions: will1066

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Who was the greatest forward Hank ever played with? 39 year old Jagr? Gaborik? Ugh. Hank is god. You put a stacked offensive team in front of that guy and he wins multiple cups, zero doubt in my mind. I always said it, give Hank those teams brodeur had and Hank would've put up better numbers than unc dad.

I actually researched this earlier this year at the request of a Penguins fan...

HOF teammates in their careers

Henrik Lundqvist: 3 (combined 353 games)
Tom Barrasso: 18 (combined 4,074 games)

I included Jaromír Jágr and his 246 games in Lundqvist's totals.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I actually researched this earlier this year at the request of a Penguins fan...

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood

Unreal. The most impressive goalie ever and I don't think it's really close.

Would love to see Roy / Hasek / Fleury / Brodeur numbers too (fleury when all is said and done that is).

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Panarin strikes me as a real life Spicoli. With uber talent in hockey instead of surfing.

Reactions: haveandare

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Here's his speech:

"I love winning so much, but losing was just the worst, and it really effected how I lived my life..."

I always pegged him as a player/person who hated losing more than he loved winning. I believe you need a guy like that in your leadership group. It's not a particularly healthy way to live life but it pushes many a talent to become elite.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
This guy really is THE KING

His jersey going for over 9,000 dollars, when last year's inductees' jerseys sold for 2k max each.

For reference, the 29 other jerseys this year sold or a combined $13,126

Last year's inductees sold for:

Daniel Sedin: $2,010
Henrik Sedin: $2,010
Roberto Luongo: $1,830
Daniel Alfredsson: $970

1700057558568.png

Reactions: Crease

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad