Prospect Info: Henrik Borgström (2016, #23 overall), Univ. of Denver (NCAA), signed ELC on 3/26/2018

ZamBroni

Dec 15, 2014
Ft. Lauderdale
Don't want him playing this year but next year's lineup could be deadly

Dadanov - Barkov - KOVULCHUK
Hubby - Trochek - Borgstrum
Malgin - McCann - Vatrano
Mamin - McGinn - Sceviour

Tippet first call up, ship out Bjug for a 2nd pair dman, idk just spitballing no wonder Mascherin wants out tho

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Don't want him playing this year but next year's lineup could be deadly

Dadanov - Barkov - KOVULCHUK
Hubby - Trochek - Borgstrum
Malgin - McCann - Vatrano
Mamin - McGinn - Sceviour

Tippet first call up, ship out Bjug for a 2nd pair dman, idk just spitballing no wonder Mascherin wants out tho

It's NHL or juniors for Tippett.

I started to think last night that even if Vatrano keeps looking good it will be tough for him to land a longterm spot on the team with Borgstrom& Tippett additions.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Then we should trade Tippett for a young quality top 4 d-man with upside. Move Pysyk somehow to clear some cap space. Maybe Tippet and Pysyk for ???

I don't think he has enough value to justify a move for a D-man, they are so damm valuable today, and you'd have to get quality D-man similar aged for him.

Best way is to sign Borgstom and add him+ Tippett to next years roster and try to draft the best D-man possible from this years draft. If you want to use a 1st in a trade use next years with protection+Pysyk.

I'm curious how Borgstrom will look like in the pro's, but he has to turn pro after this season, otherwise it would be a step back.

Damn yeah that's what I thought but I wasn't sure. Wouldve been fine trading Tip for some D help but I'm not so sure now with Mascherin most likely gone. Depends how the draft goes I guess.

Have to add to the previous that ELC's are gold and he's your best answer to fix the longerm weakness at F.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Again, he is a clutch performer, a goal and assist. Ohio should be a great matchup but also a death blow tomorrow. I'm so curious what they do with him when the time comes.
The only team that really concerned me was St. Cloud State, this Denver team is better than the one that won the NCAA championship last season IMO.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Borgstom is no Barkov but he is making great defensive plays in this game. Ive noticed more defensive plays than offensive ones from him

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Borgstom is no Barkov but he is making great defensive plays in this game. Ive noticed more defensive plays than offensive ones from him
Agreed. He has some nice hockey sense. Only complaint I have so far is he completely stops moving sometimes. That doesn’t fly on the nhl but that’s easily fixable. He also made a great pass to terry through 3 people.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad