Prospect Info: Henrik Borgström (2016, #23 overall), Univ. of Denver (NCAA), signed ELC on 3/26/2018

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
You must not know the team that well then, since the whole mantra during the Tallon era has been that young players have to earn their spot.
I have not said that's not the case. He was generalizing and brought up Laine, so i figured that the discussion was about more than what the Panthers usually do.

But, despite what Panthers usually do, i think Henrik will get his shot in top 6 at the beginning of the season.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Cant ease a rookie into the league on the 3rd line, he is not a defensive guy, and needs top 6 talent around him to really shine.

Special, special talent.

Cant go wrong with either Barky or Tro, allow him not have to drive his line, just play off his linemates.

3 scoring lines.

It's a tough place to jump into a top6 on a team who's playing must win games, and the kid has zero pro games.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
3 scoring lines.

It's a tough place to jump into a top6 on a team who's playing must win games, and the kid has zero pro games.
Not this season but next. Is he even expected to sign and play this season? Denver is still playing.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Did Patrick Laine play 3rd line as a rookie? No successful rookie has started on third line? Doesn't Borg need to go through training camp and win a spot like anyone else?

Past results in college don't guarantee future performance in NHL.
What do you mean no successful rookie started on 3rd line?
Generally all non top 3 draft picks who don't have inherent hype to them get eased into the lineup and aren't just handed top 6 minutes. Hell Brock Boeser was a healthy scratch the first two games of the season, then started game 3 on the 3rd line with 0 powerplay time until game 10 or so. Borgstrom is one hell of a player and easing him in to the lineup won't hurt his development one bit.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I have not said that's not the case. He was generalizing and brought up Laine, so i figured that the discussion was about more than what the Panthers usually do.

But, despite what Panthers usually do, i think Henrik will get his shot in top 6 at the beginning of the season.
I was responding to Chaos' "you can't ease a rookie into the NHL on the third line", which is obviously wrong. I was being nice by assuming first of all that he meant "a highly prized rookie" as opposed to plain "rookie", so I wasn't trying to be snide. I was on point, and you got all upset. That's on you.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
What do you mean no successful rookie started on 3rd line?
Generally all non top 3 draft picks who don't have inherent hype to them get eased into the lineup and aren't just handed top 6 minutes. Hell Brock Boeser was a healthy scratch the first two games of the season, then started game 3 on the 3rd line with 0 powerplay time until game 10 or so. Borgstrom is one hell of a player and easing him in to the lineup won't hurt his development one bit.
I stated it as a question. Meaning, "haven't successful rookies started on the 3rd line before?"

I think Borg is a huge potential. I'm in no way opposed to him. I'm cautioning people not to assume too much and then find out that he may need a season to get into it at NHL level.

Besides, if the best place for him would be at center, what shame is there to strengthen the lineup at 3rd line center? Isn't everyone saying that we lack depth beyond the first two lines.

I'm baffled that some people think what I'm saying is either unreasonable or revolutionary or both.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
You must not know the team that well then, since the whole mantra during the Tallon era has been that young players have to earn their spot.

That wouldn´t count if Borgstrom get brought in during the running Season, that would only the 2nd Player who make it from junior without Camp into the Team. The last one was Huberdeau.
So earning a Spot doesnt count during a Season.

Last edited:

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula

Isn't Bucci Mane a rapper and why should we trust his opinion on hockey? (not that I doubt Borgstrom's skill as a top 6 forward)

This is probably a different Bucci Mane (what are the odds of more than one Bucci Mane out there?)

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Isn't Bucci Mane a rapper and why should we trust his opinion on hockey? (not that I doubt Borgstrom's skill as a top 6 forward)

This is probably a different Bucci Mane (what are the odds of more than one Bucci Mane out there?)

Haha

That is John Buccigross of ESPN. He does the #OvertimeChallenge any time a playoff game goes to overtime.

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink
if he wants to go back to college for his junior season.
Hes probably ready for the NHL despite him not being as strong as he probably should be. If he were on the wing with either Trochek or Barkov that would be ideal. I think he is a centremen in the league, but probably needs an offseason of real strength and conditioning and learning the game, but he is gonna be dynamite.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Here's the bracket for the Frozen Four. Feel Denver is getting to at least the Semi finals. They should beat their first two opponents but Ohio will be a good matchup if they meet up.
Screenshot_20180319-162105.png

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017

Lol, Gucci Mane...

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
So do we try Borg with Huby/Tro next season? Gives that line a "sniper" shot. Where does Malgin go?

-ghoste

For me to early to say, you never know what happens till now and the 3rd Day of FA Signings. Maybe other once will join, maybe some will leave. You never know if there is a Roster changing, till next Season. We are not even done with this Season.
Also where to place other Players on this Team, with more People comeing in.
1 thing is already clear Brickley must play AHL or leave the Franchsie no place for him here. We already scratch 3 Players a night to have Place on Game Roster.

That means, Vrbata and Brickley most likely out, Incoming, Mammin, malgin, Vratano, Borgstrom maybe + ??. I don´t know but there is a Limit of the Amount of Players during games.
So we must scratch already someone of the upcoming Players, before the next Season has started. :D

Not the Time and Room to talk about possible Lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad