Prospect Info: Henri Nikkanen, C (4th round, 113th overall)

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
There's lots of potential in this one. He reminds me of Lowry but with a big upside and potential to be a 1C. Would be nice for the Jets to have two number one centres one day. But I see him being a F/T NHLer by 2022-23 at the earliest.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
There's lots of potential in this one. He reminds me of Lowry but with a big upside and potential to be a 1C. Would be nice for the Jets to have two number one centres one day. But I see him being a F/T NHLer by 2022-23 at the earliest.
That’s a big leap for a 4th rounder but it’s a nice dream.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice

If he becomes Little light its a big win for the Jets

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Little means a less good little but what is the term if you expect a player to be a better version of a player. Like a Premium Lowry.

Little is 20-25 goal 55 to 65 point player on his prime.

So below Little with good defensive game.
15-20 goals with 40 to 50 points. That is a big win for a 4th rounder Center.

Lowry is too far down....

If he becomes Lowry i guess its ok for a 4th rounder. So its a solid pick at that spot.

Reactions: Teemusalami204

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Little is 20-25 goal 55 to 65 point player on his prime.

So below Little with good defensive game.
15-20 goals with 40 to 50 points. That is a big win for a 4th rounder Center.

Lowry is too far down....

If he becomes Lowry i guess its ok for a 4th rounder. So its a solid pick at that spot.
That’s all great but it’s a terminology question. That would be great if he’s even a full timer. Little lite would be great as I had forgotten about Nikkanen before tournament.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
That’s all great but it’s a terminology question. That would be great if he’s even a full timer. Little lite would be great as I had forgotten about Nikkanen before tournament.

That is what i meant.
Its a big hope for him to become a 1C.
And if it happens that is a big win even at Little Light.

I am happy if he turns into a solid 3C that can be relied on defensively and chip in at crucial times.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
That is what i meant.
Its a big hope for him to become a 1C.
And if it happens that is a big win even at Little Light.

I am happy if he turns into a solid 3C that can be relied on defensively and chip in at crucial times.
But what is the term for a better version. Ignore whether he is or isn’t I just want to know the term.

RRenegade

Jul 13, 2016
Winnipeg
Nikkanen has impressed at the juniors, this is my first look at him.
He looks solid defensively in a 3rd line defensive role it seems.
He seems to have good height and is reputed to have good speed.
On the PP, he looks very comfortable in front of the net and sets good screens. I haven't noticed if he has good hands.

Might he be the future Lowry/Copp replacement?

The Jets haven't really had anyone willing to stand in front of the net on the PP since Ladd.
It seems Daniel Torgersson (SWE) could be a net front presence as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: hn777 and boydkc

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I've liked his positional play. He doesn't appear to have any particular elite skills, but I think he may be decent bottom 6 NHL forward. I've been impressed.

Reactions: hn777 and boydkc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad