OT: Hello from Tennessee.

Joshua Harrell

May 2, 2020
In Sweden it's between him and Lidstrom. I believe at least one of the younger guys in this forum have him as their favorite player, Kriss E. perhaps? Foppa has a record in points for the Junior WC that will probably never be broken. He has more assists points than the second highest point player. I was fortunate enough to watch the Juniors in Sweden when he came through and you could tell he would be a good player. What a duo the Avalanche had with Sakic and Forsberg. I would have loved to see them play live.

Mario Lemieux, is my favorite player of all time.

One of my favorite Swedish players is Kenta Nilsson, even Gretzky said he was the most talented player he ever came across. The problem is that he was a bit lazy, sometimes great talents become a bit lazy. He didn't have the desire to become the best, he was playing because it was fun. Brett Hull's book mentions that Kenta hit the cross bar 5 out of 5 from the middle of the ice.

Here is that cross bar shot and some famous hockey players talking about Kenta.

Was not familiar. Very cool! Ty for the post and link my friend.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Hi all,

I fell in love with the Habs as a 16 year old kid watching Patrick Roy in nets in 93. Been a die hard Habs fan ever since. Little did I know we’d still be looking for our next Stanley Cup 27 years later. This is my go to for hockey news and talk as most down here don’t care too much about the sport.

I’ve lurked here for many years, finally registered and wanted to say hello to my fellow fans. My dream is to make a trip up north and watch a game in Montreal. Gonna make it someday.

Hope you’re all safe and well.

Joshua
I forgot to tell you this. A lot of posters get fired up about not using Kotkaniemi‘s official nickname when referring to him. Please use “Coconut”. It’ll save you some headaches.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
We get quakes daily but you cant feel 99% of them. Only bout half a dozen each year that you feel, and most are minor.

Remember being on holiday in Aussie, there was a tiny quake - they very rarely get them and were freaking out. We were just laughing as all the shops/schools ect shut and went home. Was a cracking day, i reckon they just wanted a reason to hit the beaches!

Heard that a quake happened close by,all ok?

Marshy71

Nov 10, 2015
Yep we are all ok - definately felt that one! It was very close by to where i live, no damage that i am aware of. Several aftershocks during the day too.

Jacinda is amazing - and a really good speaker too, was lucky enough to be able to see her several years back. May be a little biased here, but i sure am glad she is our leader compared to many others out there - shes not afraid to act and does the right thing. Her handling of the covid situation has been brilliant

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Yep we are all ok - definately felt that one! It was very close by to where i live, no damage that i am aware of. Several aftershocks during the day too.

Jacinda is amazing - and a really good speaker too, was lucky enough to be able to see her several years back. May be a little biased here, but i sure am glad she is our leader compared to many others out there - shes not afraid to act and does the right thing. Her handling of the covid situation has been brilliant

She is probably the most popular politician in the world, the way she has handled everything from the shooting to the virus response.

Reactions: angusyoung

Marshy71

Nov 10, 2015
I agree - she reminds me a lot of Helen Clarke who used to be our Prime Minister - both amazing, capable women who done well with whatever they faced. Helen went on to one of the top UN roles, i could see Jacinda doing the same in the future if she wants to.

We have an election later on in the year, she will easily get in a present, wont even need the support of the minor parties. Hope it stays that way.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018

Is she married, asking for a friend? :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad