Post-Game Talk: Hellebuyck is good: 4-1 Jets

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Helle was lights ****ing out. The rest of them were awful. Maybe the odd exception, but not many.

5 points back and they play the Preds twice more this month... I still believe!

Those games are huge. They have to be much better in those games, luckily we have been a great home team this season. You win both those games and don't stink up the rest of the schedule we are right back in it. That is still a big task though

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Wow that was a pathetic effort by the team after an equally pathetic effort against the Ducks. Thank god for Hellebuyck.

Pretty much everyone was awful, save maybe Enstrom, Stafford, Burmistrov, Lowry and Armia.

Awful passing, both making and receiving. Terrible hands. Couldn't hit the net. No wheels. That was just gross to watch.

Buff was godawful and that was probably the worst I've ever seen Ehlers play.

I don't even know how a team that is supposed to be refocused on trying to make the playoffs could lay 2 absolute eggs in a row like that.

I PVR'ed it (just finished watching) I wanted to stop, but it was like watching a car wreck on the side of the road.

It really was. When I was watching the 1st I could not believe it. After a 7-0 loss last time in Nashville. And after a terrible game against the Ducks, almost embarrassing. I was wondering if our team had any pride in them at all, to give that kind of effort. It improved a bit as the game went on, but if not for Helle, it easily could and should have been a repeat of Sunday's game. Lots of guys took another night off, lots of passengers

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Wow that was a pathetic effort by the team after an equally pathetic effort against the Ducks. Thank god for Hellebuyck.

Pretty much everyone was awful, save maybe Enstrom, Stafford, Burmistrov, Lowry and Armia.

Awful passing, both making and receiving. Terrible hands. Couldn't hit the net. No wheels. That was just gross to watch.

Buff was godawful and that was probably the worst I've ever seen Ehlers play.

I don't even know how a team that is supposed to be refocused on trying to make the playoffs could lay 2 absolute eggs in a row like that.

I PVR'ed it (just finished watching) I wanted to stop, but it was like watching a car wreck on the side of the road.

Mixed emotions I love winning but that was so stinky its hard to get excited. That was payback for the joke of a loss to Edmonton where they goalied us. Also mixed emotions because watching the tremendous game changing talent at the top of this draft go off at the WJC has me salivating a bit.

For tonight I shall celebrate all things Helly, hope to win the next two vs the Preds and then things could get interesting. Rinne's numbers aren't great this season and Nashville has been struggling in the division and overall. I think there is a 1 in 10 chance we make the playoffs (maybe 1 in 20) but if Helly carries the team for a bit maybe the team wakes the **** up.......maybe but probably not.

Enjoy the winz however I understand the losses "this season" probably lead to a better team in the long term.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Does Helly reminds you of Patrick Roy style during the 80's or maybe it is jut the lanky build and the butterfly?

Maybe i am just hoping he turns into a ROY 86's season :)

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
So do we fire Flaherty now, or let him work his magic on Hellebuyck and hope he doesn't Hutchinson himself next year? We only have 1 more top notch rookie goalie candidate in the pipeline. ;)

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I suspect everyone is going to be negative bajillion corgis. Really, these two teams looked farther than 5 pts apart. That looked like a top two team vs a bottom two team.

Jets have played a lot of strong games without good results. It's nice to occasionally steal a game. I think the Jets are going to tighten the playoff race once their schedule evens out and Chevy is going to have to make tough decisions on Buff and Ladd.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Let's not forget this was the Jets 3rd game in 4 nights.
Before the road trip started this one game was the most important one and the toughest and they won!
When a team wins a game they should have lost ... they usually go on a winning streak.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
the Jets didn't play a bad game in the 2nd or 3rd period. 1st period was a bit questionable.

i thought the play was quite even in the last 2 periods, but Nashville arguably got the better scoring chances

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
0-3, 8min left on the clock and Mo decides to bench 4th line. Right after he makes that decision Preds scored 1-3. Awful coaching.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
0-3, 8min left on the clock and Mo decides to bench 4th line. Right after he makes that decision Preds scored 1-3. Awful coaching.

Huh? That was the defining moment? The Preds pumped 45 shots at Helle.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Anyone know why Scheifele didn't get what looked like an obvious assist on Chariot's goal? I'm assuming it will be added at some point, but you have to look out for your fantasy team as well ;)

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
the Jets didn't play a bad game in the 2nd or 3rd period. 1st period was a bit questionable.

i thought the play was quite even in the last 2 periods, but Nashville arguably got the better scoring chances

Watch the first minute of the third. We let the Preds get behind our D and be in alone on Holy Helle twice. Twice in about the first minute of our 'shut down' period.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
That was one of the worst games of the season but sonehow we got 2 points The Preds aren't that good and the Jets aren't that bad. Was there a team party or something the night before? The whole team looked hung over.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I think the Anaheim game got in their heads a bit and affected their confidence. Thankfully, Helly was there to resuscitate it. They played a decent game in the third to protect the lead.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I really enjoyed the game last night. We were so bad it was laughable at times. And we win. Stafford was a beast. Awesome to steal a win in a divisional opponents building. Helle is big and very quiet. Seldom, closer to never out of position. Doesn't give much net to shoot at. Seems to have solid rebound control too.

I see Hutch going down when Pav comes back. I have a feeling they will tandem Pav and Helle for a while until Maurice is able to say Helle earned the starters role after Pav lays a couple of eggs. Pav is around next year because, lets face it, we are paying a $1M goaltender almost $4M. No way to move him and Chevy doesn't admit mistakes so he stays with the big club. What happens the year after that? Keep Hutch with the Moose for a year and bring him back as backup the year after next once we release Pav? Comrie is probably not ready yet. IDK.

Enjoyable game. But we still suck.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I really enjoyed the game last night. We were so bad it was laughable at times. And we win. Stafford was a beast. Awesome to steal a win in a divisional opponents building. Helle is big and very quiet. Seldom, closer to never out of position. Doesn't give much net to shoot at. Seems to have solid rebound control too.

I see Hutch going down when Pav comes back. I have a feeling they will tandem Pav and Helle for a while until Maurice is able to say Helle earned the starters role after Pav lays a couple of eggs. Pav is around next year because, lets face it, we are paying a $1M goaltender almost $4M. No way to move him and Chevy doesn't admit mistakes so he stays with the big club. What happens the year after that? Keep Hutch with the Moose for a year and bring him back as backup the year after next once we release Pav? Comrie is probably not ready yet. IDK.

Enjoyable game. But we still suck.

it's even worse than that. $4.25M this year and $4.75M next.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad