Post-Game Talk: Hellebuyck is good: 4-1 Jets

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
So Seth Jones isn't good. Never really noticed but yeah, he's not good.

Told you.

tumblr_mndek4lbr91qa8hgro1_250.gif

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Quick, quick thoughts....

This was the inverse of the Oilers' game. The Jets were outplayed, but had the better goalie (not sure I ever expected that I would say that in a Jets game vs. Rinne).

SLW - Nothing special. Started to get it going later in the game. Stafford is an asset. His scoring has been important.

LLB - Liking this line. Burmi has been really strong for a while now. Really like how he's playing. Lowry was fine. So was Ladd (better than many nights).

PSE - Meh.... didn't like them that much. Scheifele isn't back to where he was. Ehlers was really shaky. Perreault was okay (stupid penalty, though).

TCA - Armia continues to impress. Really a pleasant surprise. Copp is still playing a responsible game.

Trouba-Buff: Didn't like Buff at all. Very casual and disengaged. Trouba was just okay.

Enstrom-Myers: Another couple of bad penalties. Also struggled at times.

Stuart-Chiarot: Actually, a better game than we are used to from these two.

Hellebuyck: So that's what a top NHL goalie looks like, eh?

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Yikes, we got dominated but Stafford is good at getting into in scoring positions and Bucky was rock solid. I'm not sure how I would feel about this one if I was the coach. I guess we were resilient in the third, take that as a positive.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Goaltending and special teams can win games? Well I'll be.

PP looked better tonight, still personnel issues but at least they had some net presence and worked the middle.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Wow that was a pathetic effort by the team after an equally pathetic effort against the Ducks. Thank god for Hellebuyck.

Pretty much everyone was awful, save maybe Enstrom, Stafford, Burmistrov, Lowry and Armia.

Awful passing, both making and receiving. Terrible hands. Couldn't hit the net. No wheels. That was just gross to watch.

Buff was godawful and that was probably the worst I've ever seen Ehlers play.

I don't even know how a team that is supposed to be refocused on trying to make the playoffs could lay 2 absolute eggs in a row like that.

I PVR'ed it (just finished watching) I wanted to stop, but it was like watching a car wreck on the side of the road.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Helle was lights ****ing out. The rest of them were awful. Maybe the odd exception, but not many.

5 points back and they play the Preds twice more this month... I still believe!

Derfel*

Any word on Thorburn? I know he returned but it looked pretty bad. Hope it's just a bad bruise and not a break/fracture.

Derfel*

I can't remember - did we win the Myers+Stafford / Kane+Bogo trade or no?

:snide:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad