Post-Game Talk: Hellebuyck is good: 4-1 Jets

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Anyone know why Scheifele didn't get what looked like an obvious assist on Chariot's goal? I'm assuming it will be added at some point, but you have to look out for your fantasy team as well ;)

I have no idea why it hasn't been added yet myself, he's also on my fantasy team and need all the points I can we get right now.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
How often over the last 5 seasons have we been able to say "we had no business winning that game, but thanks to our goaltending, we won that game"?

What a feeling. :laugh:

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I really enjoyed the game last night. We were so bad it was laughable at times. And we win. Stafford was a beast. Awesome to steal a win in a divisional opponents building. Helle is big and very quiet. Seldom, closer to never out of position. Doesn't give much net to shoot at. Seems to have solid rebound control too.

I see Hutch going down when Pav comes back. I have a feeling they will tandem Pav and Helle for a while until Maurice is able to say Helle earned the starters role after Pav lays a couple of eggs. Pav is around next year because, lets face it, we are paying a $1M goaltender almost $4M. No way to move him and Chevy doesn't admit mistakes so he stays with the big club. What happens the year after that? Keep Hutch with the Moose for a year and bring him back as backup the year after next once we release Pav? Comrie is probably not ready yet. IDK.

Enjoyable game. But we still suck.

I expect we'll go as you describe, splitting Helle-Pav until Pav Pavs allowing Helle to assume the starting role. Hutch goes down assuming he isn't claimed off waivers. Next year is Helle-Pav again as you describe due to the unmovable contract. The year after is Helle Comrie as Comrie will have had nearly two full years of starts in the AHL. Hutch won't be re-signed in the offseason. Phillips will slide into the starting role with the Moose once Comrie moves up. Rainbows and unicorns my friend, just two short years from now.

As to whether we've stolen games based on goaltending? I think it was just around this time last year that Pavelec stole one from the Stars. I think the Jets played better in that game than they did last night but Pavelec robbed the Stars in that game. But yeah, Hellebuyck "Rinne'd" or "Price'd" the Predators. Isn't that a treat.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
connor.jpg

Yeah, I´m awsome at paint, but I guess some of you know what pic I "edited"

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
How often over the last 5 seasons have we been able to say "we had no business winning that game, but thanks to our goaltending, we won that game"?

What a feeling. :laugh:

Agreed :yo: And how many times have we said in the past 5 years that we should have won that game but we let in a goal with under 2 minutes left in the game to either tie or lose.

Hopefully HellBoy's play will inspire the rest of the team to work their butts off for the next few games.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
This is the first time this year the Jets stole a game by goaltending alone Hopefully the forwards will play with more confidence knowing that the goals against will be kept low

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Agreed :yo: And how many times have we said in the past 5 years that we should have won that game but we let in a goal with under 2 minutes left in the game to either tie or lose.

Hopefully HellBoy's play will inspire the rest of the team to work their butts off for the next few games.
Hey , just got back from your beautiful state early this morning from vacation:handclap: Glad you guys are getting some rain ( it started just as we we're leaving ) but i hope you don't get too much too fast :shakehead We had awesome weather the whole 10 days:handclap: didn't see any games from pittsburgh too yesterday but just finished watching the Wings game . Helly plays like a cross between Roy and Price too me , he's definitely a keeper :yo::handclap: If he can keep this up i don't think the playoffs are without reach !!

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Anyone know why Scheifele didn't get what looked like an obvious assist on Chariot's goal? I'm assuming it will be added at some point, but you have to look out for your fantasy team as well ;)

The only thing "weird" about that goal is that it was actually off a Pred's stick. I dunno if maybe that factors in somehow.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
the funny thing?
i've been watching some of Comrie's performances. and he's also going to be a good one.
unfortunately, i don't think there's much trade value to goalie prospects

Once Pavvy is gone and we can bring up Comrie to backup Helle he'll be able to prove himself and go for a 1st or something if we do choose to trade him.

Of course that's probably 4-5 years down the line.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
the funny thing?
i've been watching some of Comrie's performances. and he's also going to be a good one.
unfortunately, i don't think there's much trade value to goalie prospects

I'm ok with a future of Hellebuyck/Comrie as #1/#2 goalies on this club. :nod:

Leave him to simmer with the Moose until Pavelec's contract is up. The timing is fairly nice assuming Hellebuyck continues to be the real deal. We won't be able to move Pavelec at that pay rate anyway so it gives Comrie another year to learn/mature.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Once Pavvy is gone and we can bring up Comrie to backup Helle he'll be able to prove himself and go for a 1st or something if we do choose to trade him.

Of course that's probably 4-5 years down the line.

actually, the timing is perfect. goalies tend to get 2 years AHL seasoning. Hellebuyck got 1.25. Comrie will have 2 years. he'll be set to come up once Pavs is gone, or if Pavs is traded at the deadline next year.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I guess this game made up for the Arizona loss but I prefer winning the games were we outplay the opposition.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I guess if we are going to win games were we are outshot 44-18 we should go ahead and trade Ladd and Buff regardless of the standings. I'm sure we can get outshot just as badly as that without them.

Bartho

Feb 26, 2013
Wpg
Not a very good team game, but it sure was nice for our goaltender to steal one this season. We've lost enough games that we should have won.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I guess this game made up for the Arizona loss but I prefer winning the games were we outplay the opposition.

When do we make up for the game that Talbot stole from us vs. the Oilers?

Not a very good team game, but it sure was nice for our goaltender to steal one this season. We've lost enough games that we should have won.

Exactly. I'd rather win the ones we deserved than steal the ones we don't, but a win's a win. Nobody asks about the how at the end of the year. ;)

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm ok with a future of Hellebuyck/Comrie as #1/#2 goalies on this club. :nod:

Leave him to simmer with the Moose until Pavelec's contract is up. The timing is fairly nice assuming Hellebuyck continues to be the real deal. We won't be able to move Pavelec at that pay rate anyway so it gives Comrie another year to learn/mature.

Agreed. Comrie is also 2 years younger than Helly. Being the starter this season and next will be great for his development. Hits the Jets as a backup to Helly just as Pavs is heading back to Europe to extend his career. Curious how this plays out for Hutch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad