Helldivers II

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Well I just decided to find randoms on Discord. Fun game. Hitting enemies with bombing runs is pretty satisfying and it feels like you're playing an action game with some humorous moments, like a teammate and respawning by dropping their drop pod right on my head.
I did this and it loses so much of the magic of the original helldivers. I played the original for about 40-50 hours and never once used voice chat or had to look for someone to join my game. The drop-in matchmaking worked flawlessly and invisibly. The SOS beacons actually worked. I guess I kind of have to do this until they fix the online.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
And of course, when I decide to hop back on to get a few sessions in before going back to work tomorrow, I can't get past the black screen. It's ridiculous that it's taken this long to get a fix.
Just a heads up but once one of you gets in game you can close the game and go on your friends steam profile and select join game and you will automatically skip the queue. Of course this only works if you're both on steam.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Been hearing nothing but praise for this game, especially from MoistCr1tikal whose opinion I trust a lot. would love to try it some time.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Been hearing nothing but praise for this game, especially from MoistCr1tikal whose opinion I trust a lot. would love to try it some time.
I said it earlier in the thread, but there are a lot of pages now, so I don't expect posters to read through the entirety of the thread, but I'd wait to buy the game until the server issues are figured out. I couldn't even get on last night, and the developers said it may be a few weeks until everything is smoothed over. It is an amazing game, though. I've noticed a lot of millennials seem to be drawn to it.

The game just became way more popular than they expected. I believe they had the capacity for 100k or 200k gamers on at once, which given the popularity of their last game (I believe peaked around 8K)- they aimed pretty high. I don't think anyone could have predicted they'd have more than 500k people trying to get on at once.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I said it earlier in the thread, but there are a lot of pages now, so I don't expect posters to read through the entirety of the thread, but I'd wait to buy the game until the server issues are figured out. I couldn't even get on last night, and the developers said it may be a few weeks until everything is smoothed over. It is an amazing game, though. I've noticed a lot of millennials seem to be drawn to it.

The game just became way more popular than they expected. I believe they had the capacity for 100k or 200k gamers on at once, which given the popularity of their last game (I believe peaked around 8K)- they aimed pretty high. I don't think anyone could have predicted they'd have more than 500k people trying to get on at once.
Thanks for the tip, buddy. I'm trying to avoid reading too much detail about it since I like to discover stuff on my own. Been a while since I got hooked by a new game.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Lol. Was going a mission with some randoms, automaton defense, had a nuke in hand but got knocked down, dropped the nuke on our defense spot, jumped off a cliff to avoid it, my whole team but me got wiped and they got so mad they kicked me.

• Wow

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Lol. Was going a mission with some randoms, automaton defense, had a nuke in hand but got knocked down, dropped the nuke on our defense spot, jumped off a cliff to avoid it, my whole team but me got wiped and they got so mad they kicked me.
I’ve had this happen and it’s actually so cringe that people do this. The whole point of the game is friendly fire happens, screw ups happen and it becomes a gong show and you need to regroup. Kicking someone for friendly fire is just the dumbest thing. It happens, keep playing.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I’ve had this happen and it’s actually so cringe that people do this. The whole point of the game is friendly fire happens, screw ups happen and it becomes a gong show and you need to regroup. Kicking someone for friendly fire is just the dumbest thing. It happens, keep playing.
It just made me laugh harder. No skin off my back. But yeah definitely not worth getting worked up over.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
That's just...part of the game. I can't tell you how many times I've had something in my hand when I got shot only to have it drop in a very bad place for my team. I find it hilarious due to the chaos it causes.

I did get a little annoyed yesterday because we had someone in our game who was very careless with their stratagems. My 4 or 5 deaths was solely due to them. They also killed a few of my teammates, destroying our death count, and ultimately causing everyone to leave the mission. That sucked. I wouldn't have kicked them, though. I just would've gone to a different game after. They probably shouldn't be playing extreme, though!

It just made me laugh harder. No skin off my back. But yeah definitely not worth getting worked up over.
Also, just noticed you guys joined HF on the exact same date, and that we're all 2008ers! Well, I joined a year or two earlier, but was banned because I was an idiotic teenager, haha.

Edit: the newest patch that dropped today will kick idle players after 15 mins. That should helpa bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: HanSolo

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
That's just...part of the game. I can't tell you how many times I've had something in my hand when I got shot only to have it drop in a very bad place for my team. I find it hilarious due to the chaos it causes.

I did get a little annoyed yesterday because we had someone in our game who was very careless with their stratagems. My 4 or 5 deaths was solely due to them. They also killed a few of my teammates, destroying our death count, and ultimately causing everyone to leave the mission. That sucked. I wouldn't have kicked them, though. I just would've gone to a different game after. They probably shouldn't be playing extreme, though!

Also, just noticed you guys joined HF on the exact same date, and that we're all 2008ers! Well, I joined a year or two earlier, but was banned because I was an idiotic teenager, haha.

Edit: the newest patch that dropped today will kick idle players after 15 mins. That should helpa bit.
Honestly, I can't even be mad about it. Mortar defense is just a cheese that can be done in like 5 minutes and I'm trying to unlock stuff on the "battle pass." no big loss. I just wish I had recorded it because it was gut busting watching how the dropped nuke call in just dropped at my feet and then watching my helldiver scramble to get up and sprint to jump off a high cliff with a cartoonish ragdoll to avoid it while my teammates bet bombed to f*** was too much comedy.

And in my defense I did call it out. They just didn't have much time to react. I barely avoided the explosion. But either way probably one of the most cinematic, hilarious, and exhilarating moments I've had playing a game in a long time.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Not sure if it was luck or not, but last night during peak hours, I was able to log right on and use the quickplay to find a match. Apparently, they increased the servers capacity again (700k now). Let's see how tonight goes, but it seems they made some big time progress!

Edit: So, reading more into the update, they dont foresee 700k to be enough, but it should help out a lot during the week. The weekend +new players joining has them certain the player load will surpass 700k. That's INSANE! I understand the frustration, but I also completely understand why the issues are hitting, and I dont put any blame on the developers.

Last edited:

HeHateMeFrisbee

Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
Had a blast playing last night. Got in with no problems at all.

Did have one crash, but other than that the game was flawless. Spent the whole night spreading democracy to the automatons on Malevelon Creek. There were many fatalities.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Had a blast playing last night. Got in with no problems at all.

Did have one crash, but other than that the game was flawless. Spent the whole night spreading democracy to the automatons on Malevelon Creek. There were many fatalities.
Yeah. I haven't had an issue with logging into the servers since late last week. The latest upgrades really seemed to help!

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I did hear from my brother that he was not able to matchmake with friends last night
For some reason even though it’s pretty decent during the day nowadays it has been going out late at night. Maybe maintenance that they just aren’t announcing?

I will say in Helldivers 1 armored enemies were way easier to deal with. Helldivers 2 there’s just so few options, the recoilless rifle and EAT are so much weaker in this game.

HeHateMeFrisbee

Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
For some reason even though it’s pretty decent during the day nowadays it has been going out late at night. Maybe maintenance that they just aren’t announcing?

I will say in Helldivers 1 armored enemies were way easier to deal with. Helldivers 2 there’s just so few options, the recoilless rifle and EAT are so much weaker in this game.
I think we are getting mech here soon

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
This game is getting extremely sweaty, community is totally different from the first one. You'll get kicked for one screwup at higher levels.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
That sucks man. I haven't experienced that but I pretty much only play with friends
I haven't either, and I play with randoms, but I have heard of some complaints. That's one of the symptoms of the game becoming so popular now (I'd assume).

Anything worse than dying, losing rare samples, going back to your death spot to get said samples, then getting killed by a charger as you try to pick them up, being spawned by your samples again, running to retrieve them, only to be killed a third time before inevitably giving up? I laughed when the charger killed me, but I have to admit I was a bit peeved ying a third time, haha.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Save up 990 super credits just need 10 more. Was gonna but the premium warbond but now that mechs might be dropping gonna have to hold on to it in case it’s in another warbond.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
How do my fellow divers feel about the fact that hackers are accessing the upcoming vehicle and mechs that seem to already be in the files, the cynic in my says it’s winding up for aggressive monitization, the more charitable side of me says it’s good to have some time delayed content to keep the buzz.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad