Helldivers II

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Helldivers is one of my favourite games of all time, I’m a bit blackpilled on this one because they’re going all in into the micro transactions and selling skins and premium currency but it’s a budget title so I may as well give it a chance (it should have been on ps plus day one but whatever)

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Helldivers is one of my favourite games of all time, I’m a bit blackpilled on this one because they’re going all in into the micro transactions and selling skins and premium currency but it’s a budget title so I may as well give it a chance (it should have been on ps plus day one but whatever)
As long as they dont go full Battlefront 2, then Ill be fine with jt. I'm too old to really care about micro transactions that impact skins, haha. Just give me a fun game dammit.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I don't pre-order games anymore but I pre-ordered this one. Under $40 and absolute chaos by looking at the gameplay. Sign me up. Sounds like a nice multiple game where the expectation is to eventually get run down after all your strategies come to an end.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I don't pre-order games anymore but I pre-ordered this one. Under $40 and absolute chaos by looking at the gameplay. Sign me up. Sounds like a nice multiple game where the expectation is to eventually get run down after all your strategies come to an end.
Many of the strategems have a cooldown actually, so you shouldnt hit a wall during a mission.
As long as they dont go full Battlefront 2, then Ill be fine with jt. I'm too old to really care about micro transactions that impact skins, haha. Just give me a fun game dammit.
You can use premium currency to speed up progression, but its a PvE game so I'm not really that concerned. If it was PvP thats another story.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I'm waiting for reviews first. If it's an 8 or higher, then I'll buy it in a week or so.
Many of the strategems have a cooldown actually, so you shouldnt hit a wall during a mission.

You can use premium currency to speed up progression, but its a PvE game so I'm not really that concerned. If it was PvP thats another story.
Aw, that's a bit annoying, but I suppose it's helping the team, so I'm fine with it, too.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Apparently at the top of Steam Charts for US paid for sales today. Wondering if Sony outright buys Arrowhead at this point, much better to use them for some of their live-service goals than trying to turn studios like Naughty Dog into Live service. And, it would fit their typical style of buying studios they have long-term 2nd party relationships with.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Heads up for any pcgamers , this is discounted on greenmangaming and I believe fanatical, but only buy from there if you’re sure you’re not refunding it, because you can’t refund through steam if you buy off a reseller site.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Apparently at the top of Steam Charts for US paid for sales today. Wondering if Sony outright buys Arrowhead at this point, much better to use them for some of their live-service goals than trying to turn studios like Naughty Dog into Live service. And, it would fit their typical style of buying studios they have long-term 2nd party relationships with.
That's good to read. The developers want to add more content. I'm not in tune with the business side of things for game developers, but I assume more money= more content they'll add.

I'm stoked for the game. I just hoped it doesn't flop. I may break and buy it today. I was going to wait a week for reviews.

Also, I read there will be humans controlling the war so to say. They'll randomly add in monsters or robots to battles. This will be done on a macro level. They won't be watching individual games. Rather, they'll skim data, and add what they deem necessary to the battle. Should be interesting!

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
As long as this delivers fun coop it would be a success in my books. That is all I want, some good fun with friends.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Reviews are sitting at 50% on Steam due to technical issues, this is becoming a pattern with Sony games.
Im more interested in game play. It sucks the technical issues are going to muddy the reviews.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Reviews are sitting at 50% on Steam due to technical issues, this is becoming a pattern with Sony games.
Why did I preorder this from a reseller just to save 8 bucks, smdh, whatever might as well hop on and see what the situation is

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I preloaded this game and it still requires a 70 gb download.

I'm sorry to report that this game is indeed crashing every 5 seconds on pc and i constantly am spawning behind the wall whenever I join someones game onboard their ship.

Last edited:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I preloaded this game and it still requires a 70 gb download.

I'm sorry to report that this game is indeed crashing every 5 seconds on pc and i constantly am spawning behind the wall whenever I join someones game onboard their ship.
I ordered it on PS5, and am unable to quick play. The graphics aren't great on PS5, either, but it does seem fun. Hopefully, they get it up and running today. According to their posts on Reddit, it seems they were caught off guard at how many people bought it.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
This is why you don't preorder games anymore. Another game with a disaster launch.
Game play sounds great from what I've been reading recently. Even the Helldivers sub-reddit is loving the game play, which is a good sign because subreddits can be the harshest critics of games. They just need to get the multiplayer sorted out, which they will, and we'll be Gucci.

They got completely caught off guard with how popular it is at the moment. I read at one point there were 55k people on at once yesterday. That's encouraging in regard to them adding more content.

But yeah, I normally don't pre order games anymore, but this one is right up my alley. I've always wanted a game that mimics Starship Troopers. Plus, it was only $40, and I haven't bought a game in a couple of years.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Game play sounds great from what I've been reading recently. Even the Helldivers sub-reddit is loving the game play, which is a good sign because subreddits can be the harshest critics of games. They just need to get the multiplayer sorted out, which they will, and we'll be Gucci.

They got completely caught off guard with how popular it is at the moment. I read at one point there were 55k people on at once yesterday. That's encouraging in regard to them adding more content.

But yeah, I normally don't pre order games anymore, but this one is right up my alley. I've always wanted a game that mimics Starship Troopers. Plus, it was only $40, and I haven't bought a game in a couple of years.
It’s good, just don’t buy it on PC, literally doesn’t work.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
It’s good, just don’t buy it on PC, literally doesn’t work.
Heh, I bought it on PS5, and the quick play didn't work last night. I thought the match making issues were only for the PC. I'm hoping they'll have it fixed tonight, but it seems like they're trying to iron out the issues on the PC first.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Heh, I bought it on PS5, and the quick play didn't work last night. I thought the match making issues were only for the PC. I'm hoping they'll have it fixed tonight, but it seems like they're trying to iron out the issues on the PC first.
On PC it’s crashing to desktop every 5 minutes.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Had a blast with virtually zero issues on PS5. Had one buddy on PS5 and another on PC and the crossplay was flawless. No crashes from anyone, either. I think they've hotfixed a lot of the issues already.

Reactions: JBeast

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Had a blast with virtually zero issues on PS5. Had one buddy on PS5 and another on PC and the crossplay was flawless. No crashes from anyone, either. I think they've hotfixed a lot of the issues already.
I played yesterday and it did seem to be fixed.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I played yesterday and it did seem to be fixed.
The game is insane. Probably the best team based game Ive played. At least for now. Let's see how it progresses.

That being said, i still wasnt able to quick play last night, but apparently a new update dropped, so hopefully that helps. I just found friend codes online, and joined a group. It was awesone and hilarious all at once!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad