Recalled/Assigned: Heineman & Norlinder Sent Down to Laval

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
The Habs had even better crop around 1989-1990. They had enough depth to have two team's worth of solid defense.

They completely crapped the bed with those assets, even though they won a cup before it totally went to hell.

This pipeline isn't as strong, but hopefully they do a better job of managing it (that is assuming the prospects are actually the real deal).
Problem was they didn’t even know how good their D was. No clue.

Reactions: themilosh

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
When did teams start using the word loan when announcing roster moves within their own org? Did someone get triggered by "demoted"?

Reactions: 26Mats
Apr 28, 2010
Barron being right-handed gave him advantage over Norlinder. Sucks though, Norlinder definitely played well enough to make the team. Also, Harris struggled playing on right side, needs to go back to left side.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
any waiver claim , i mean hes an ahler
Any? Other than an unlimited number of over priced veterans whose current teams would only be too happy if they would be claimed, what else than other AHLers are available?

Last edited:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I like Ylonen but Heineman can do everything Ylonen can and comes with a physical edge in his game. Too bad....

I thought Ylonen was a little more aware of his surroundings and made better decisions than Heineman. Heineman looked like a low IQ, one trick pony out there. I have always had high hopes for Heineman and I still do to a lesser extent but he has some serious tunnel vision and will need to learn to diagnose plays better as opposed to being so puck focused.

I also would not say that Heineman can do anything Ylonen can do as Ylonen has better hands and isn't so stiff like Heineman is. Heineman is a north/south player whereas Ylonen has a little more ability to play east/west.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad