Recalled/Assigned: Heineman & Norlinder Sent Down to Laval

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Agreed. But like all young prospects you have to keep your expectations realistic. Those who were pencilling Roy as a potential top six forward this season were, to put it politely , engaged in fanciful thinking.
which makes our system way stronger for the future. Hugo (FINALLY) is running the CH as an organization (brains).

We clearly have the 1st team = Habs, and the 2nd team = Rocket

There is a clear path for every player (below) the top 6F or the top 4D
It is a brilliant way to lay it out, to get everyone on the same page. Every single one of our prospects have a depth rating, and know what is needed to make it up the ladder.
The only people who don't move are the AHL vet signings as they are more Player/Teachers with a defined role.

Once this becomes a well oiled machine, the scouting and decision making become far clearer. To strengthen even more, the system is extended to Trois Rivieres to become the C team. I'm not sure if the ECHL team follows this script or is it just a hack league?

Junior draftees, will play their seasons knowing exactly where in the wrung they belong, and what is required to improve.. this messaging gives the players true understanding as to what their future holds and what they need to do in the CHL in order to either play in the ECHL, AHL, NHL

Last edited:
Reactions: Walksss

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Barron got the nod also on account of his handedness however how much will he play? Not sure this is the best move for him as I don’t see him getting a lot of minutes but then again, he can be sent down the case arising. Up to him to step up now.
I figured Barron would make the team and not Norlinder after Lindstrom was waived

Reactions: Runner77

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Once they paper-transaction enough players to get to just under $83.5M with Price, the team will have accomplished its goal. At the very least, they would then not be stuck pushing any player bonuses into 24-25 season. Note this year's available cap is reduced by 1.17M due to bonus overages from last season that had to be pushed forward.

I'm sure if Hughes had found another Monahan trade opportunity in the summer he'd have taken it. Aside from already having acquired Petry and Pearson for picks, that is.
I think Hugo would rather have the accrued Cap space at the trade deadline to make much more lucrative asset deals to teams in serious jams looking to make a run. another Monohan deal this summer takes that power away...

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Ylonen brings one factor that this team needs: speed. His superior skating opens up the ice for his linemates, allows him to be effective on the forecheck and play in multiple situations, including killing penalties. While I doubt Ylonen will ever be the high scoring winger that he was projected as being when first drafted, his mobility and effective one-timer will allow him to contribute offensively at a cost effective manner. I, for one, am glad that he apparently made the team. Keep your expectations for Ylonen’s performance realistic and he will serve as a fine depth player for Montreal going forward.
I hope you're right. He tends to disappear for large stretches and plays a very perimeter game. I understand why MSL is trying to use him on the PK so that maybe with his speed he becomes kind of a Byron, because I don't see him in the top 6 and barely in the top 9

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Meh Ylonen Heineman Barron and Norlinder as interchangeable in the sense that they aren’t going to have significant impacts.

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
I still don't understand the negativity towards Barron. He really hasn't played bad at all.

Is it just because he isn't a bruiser? Not every D-man needs to be rough and tough and their plenty of successful Dmen that aren't tough on opposing players physically.
Didn't you get the memo: Barron and Mesar are the new whipping boys. Both are atrocious and terrible and will never amount to anything. They both need to be traded asap

Reactions: Tyson

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Some bad deals you just have to eat. I would greatly hesitate in expending any assets and treasure in undoing this patently horrible deal. Let it serve as a warning to both management and the fans as to the risks of making a long term commitment to the then current favourite toy.
Mistakes can certainly happen however the Gallagher deal was heavily panned in here the minute it was announced. Too bad there wasn’t anyone within the organization with enough common sense to get it reconsidered (too much power in Bergevin’s hands) before having been made official.

Just gross incompetence and mismanagement.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
The Habs used 39 players last season (believe Calgary used the fewest with 32). So there will be opportunities for guys in Laval and these two were the the last cuts so they had to make an impression. They'll probably be up at some point to make their NHL debut.

Edit: Forgot Norlinder played 6 NHL games season before last

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Mistakes can certainly happen however the Gallagher deal was heavily panned in here the minute it was announced. Too bad there wasn’t anyone within the organization with enough common sense to get it reconsidered (too much power in Bergevin’s hands) before having been made official.

Just gross incompetence and mismanagement.
There is a reason we haven’t won a Stanley Cup in 30 years. And it isn’t because of the weather.

ChesterNimitz

Jul 4, 2002
I hope you're right. He tends to disappear for large stretches and plays a very perimeter game. I understand why MSL is trying to use him on the PK so that maybe with his speed he becomes kind of a Byron, because I don't see him in the top 6 and barely in the top 9
I see Ylonen as an inexpensive supplementary player who can fill multiple roles. Think Lehkonen with a bit more offence and less grit. He should become a valuable player for Montreal and a possible future trading asset.

ChesterNimitz

Jul 4, 2002
I see Ylonen as an inexpensive supplementary player who can fill multiple roles. Think Lehkonen with a bit more offence and less grit. He should become a valuable player for Montreal and a possible future trading asset

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
I like Ylonen but Heineman can do everything Ylonen can and comes with a physical edge in his game. Too bad....

Reactions: Tyson and Runner77

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Ylonen is 24 his development is done. He is either a NHL player or an European pro league player at this point. It's best to know what we have for sure and we can afford to do it this year.

I wouldn't look at it that way, Ylonen just turned 24 a few days ago but that's not important, players will develop/progress at different rates so they get there when they get there. Byron, Petry, you see some guys need a few years in the NHL before they get the confidence to really play their game and find success.

I was never a big Ylonen fan, too soft/inconsistent and not skilled enough to be a top 6 NHLer. But at this point he's shown decent progress in his development, and since the Habs suck they can carry him for a year or two easily and find out if he can keep getting better or not as they don't have anything to lose at this point.

I like Ylonen but Heineman can do everything Ylonen can and comes with a physical edge in his game. Too bad....

Heineman needs to work on his offensive game in Laval, give him some time to figure things out, there's no rush and he's got work to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad