Rumor: Hearing the Blues big names are on the block, "everything is open, even Vladimir Tarasenko"

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I don’t understand why they are doing with. The players they have are a contending playoff team. Retool... not rebuild

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Ok just to add a little context, this is what Rutherford (Blues beat writer) put on his twitter.

Listening mode is a vague term but reading the article tells me that nobody is technically off the table but some of the bigger names are very unlikely to be moved without a huge return.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
cheap motivation ploy. everybody is always available. like doug maclean always says that he told his players I am not shopping you but if someone blows my sox off I will drive you to the airport.

Last edited:

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Their team has too much talent to rebuild. They just need to take a high pick this year get a new goalie and they can easily be a contender again next year.

Reactions: rumrokh and 67Blues

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
RoR and Tarasenko make the most sense for the Canes, but I doubt they really trade RoR and also doubt the Canes have enough to get Tarasenko.

I’ve heard they’re disappointed in him anyways, would he change anything for the Canes?

Reactions: SvechNecas

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I'd pay a lot to get tank in Carolina. Top picks include our 1st, 2nd, Buffalo's 2nd. Don't know what prospects they'd be looking for but I wouldn't leave anyone off the list.

Reactions: SvechNecas

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
What would it take for the Oilers to bring Maroon back?

Realistically a mid to late round pick would easily get the job done. He has been a dud in St. Louis and has become a target for Blues fans, some of it justified and some of it exaggerated. With the way he has played though I highly doubt there is interest in re signing him after this year so if any team out that has any interest whatsoever I would move him.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
They cant rebuild without a first next season (this season's pick will likely be protected as a top 10 pick). Make a quick retool by selling off less important players aka not Tarasenko

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
From "NHL's Winners of Summer" to this in just over 5 months. Well, at least us Blues fans will all have that banner raising we'll remember and cherish forever.

In all seriousness, if we're at this point Doug Armstrong needs to be fired. He created this mess, it makes zero sense to let him be the guy to try and fix it.
Tell that to the Sens, they are doing exactly what you are describing

Intact

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga ON
No way they trade Tarasenko, or at least I'm not creative enough to think of a deal that would work. The perception around the league I believe is that the Blues need game-breaking talent, trading Tarasenko is obviously not how you solve that. Pietrangelo if he won't resign would be on the table I presume, but if he will re-sign there is almost no way they trade him. Their GM is way too smart to sell low on him given the Blues current predicament and his contract expiring.

Parayko is an interesting piece ala some sort of Seth Jones - Ryan Johansen swap. Do the stars align out there with a team with a perfect match, or a team thats stupid enough to overpay with a superstar forward for an RHD (lets not name any names here). Other than that, I see lots of potential quantity for quality deals that Armstrong will try to put together like he did for ROR. Some buy low candidates like last years Kane, O'Reilly, Skinner, Karlsson etc that he think can resign maybe

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
I definitely thought the Blues would be a playoff team and make some noise. What the heck is going on there? What would it cost the Avs to get O’Reilly?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad