HC-IR Fantasy Keeper League - Discussion Thread [Part VIII]

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
Jeff Carter, Loui ERIKSSON, Ryan Suter are available from my keepers. Looking for young forwards

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
:blues

I may be open to moving Tanner Pearson (prospect) for picks if I feel the offer is good enough.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Actually, I think we should lower the salary cap a bit to make things more interesting.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
To all you rebuilding teams with tons of cap space: you won't be able to make as many trades for picks/prospects at the trade deadline if contenders don't have as much cap space. ;)

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
So...was that Jake for Jake trade vetoed?

This is a fantasy league not a GM Game. Where is the issue here? If there was going to be a veto due to unbalanced trading, literally nothing would change by sending a PM to HC/IR. The PM would be sent/post goes up a minute later, veto hammer comes down.

I see no unbalance in a Bean/Virtanen swap. So what am I missing?

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
This is a fantasy league not a GM Game. Where is the issue here? If there was going to be a veto due to unbalanced trading, literally nothing would change by sending a PM to HC/IR. The PM would be sent/post goes up a minute later, veto hammer comes down.

I don't disagree, I just need to know if I need to update the trade chart or not.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Actually, I think we should lower the salary cap a bit to make things more interesting.

Nope.

We should lower it to 90M.

Nope.

It's fine.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I don't really understand the whole "sending in a deal" thing, personally.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
I don't really understand the whole "sending in a deal" thing, personally.

For the GM Games I always used it 1. As a disciplinary measure (i.e. who reads the rules?), 2. To make sure the GMs were actually in agreement on a deal (so one side doesn't post "hey wait, I never said yes!" and start a whole mess in the thread), 3. To make things easier for the commishs to keep track of all the deals in one place instead of skimming through an active thread.

I don't think any of that should be a big issue in this league. It'd still be nice, though. It only takes a minute.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
It's a rule, is it enforced strictly? No but it'll come in handy because I don't delete PM's. So like our earlier example of TL's trade where Nuckles thought it would be a Entry pick, I had it saved and easily looked it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad