Pre-Game Talk: Hawks @ Wild - 1/30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madhouse Mafia

Feb 21, 2012
Northern MN
Is it safe to say that Suter/Weber are both not nearly as good without the other?

They were playing Brodin with Suter last night and evidently the results were phenomenal. Brodin is a solid player and was easily their #1 last night. Taking a lot of pressure off Suter. That being said... Hawks win 4-2

BTW they're hating pretty hard over there, so this should be a great night

Madhouse Mafia

Feb 21, 2012
Northern MN
Understandable for N-Star fans.

Dang, my bad. N-Stars packed up and left some time ago. :laugh:

lol, people up here don't give a damn about the North Stars. Then again.. that was 20 years ago.. and they just recently started to dislike the Hawks. Up until 7/4/12, most of them rooted pretty hard for us

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
lol, people up here don't give a damn about the North Stars. Then again.. that was 20 years ago.. and they just recently started to dislike the Hawks. Up until 7/4/12, most of them rooted pretty hard for us
Didnt realize it was that long. Gotta play a tune in memory...

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
Without going through stats, goalies that come to mind that typically kill the Hawks are Bryzgalov, Vokoun, Price (haven't seen much but really sticks out), Cam Ward, (same thing)....drawing a blank on others but if I was going to throw a backup out there, I'd say Labarbara.

Forgot Lehtonen

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Good luck.

Wild ar a one line team right now. I think that line had 10 of the available 12 points against St. Louis the other night. Stop that line and you will win.

Solid strategy.

They'll never be that good again unless they play with another high end D-man but I think if we give it until sometime during next season, both will have new established good partners and will look better. Probably Dumba for Suter and Josi for Weber, both of which are pretty promising players.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't Suter - Brodin for the foreseeable future.

Just saw.... meh, pretty weak. Just sounds like a butt hurt Wild fan.

He also called Leddy "not Cam Barker". No butthurt about those two from us.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
Not many confident Wild fans after that terrible 3rd period against the Jackets last night. I think a lot of us would be happy to come out of this with a point

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
this game needs to be a win to kick off this road trip as it only gets tougher from here.

the Wild are very much improved, but still very beatable. I agree with saying shutting down their top line and we win, but that ofcourse is common sense and a lot harder to do then say. it will be a tough fought game, but I think we should pull this out. plus I dont want SJ being undefeated longer then us.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Yesterday, Q said Rozy may skate today so I’m hoping he can play tonight. He hasn’t been great, and has had a few turnovers, while Brookbank has been mistake prone in each game he has played.

Unless he turns it around quickly, I think Shaw’s days at center are numbered.

I repeat myself when I say let’s return to the up tempo, possession game we saw in the first three and a half games of the season…. With the dmen joining the rush when they can.

MadhouseOnMadison

Man crush on Amonte
Oct 15, 2010
I repeat myself when I say let’s return to the up tempo, possession game we saw in the first three and a half games of the season…. With the dmen joining the rush when they can.

This. The guys have looked flat the past couple games and you have to wonder if they're coming back down to earth or if it's just the condensed schedule. I'm hoping it's the latter.

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
The Hawks were a bit flat because they were tired. They had 2 days to rest and Minny played last night and there the Hawks should have a fair bit more energy than any of those on Minny. With two days rest, they should be coming out flying tonight.

Nothingman*

I am guessing 5-2 Hawks over the Mild. They have nobody to stop The Hoss!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad