Pre-Game Talk: Hawks @ Wild - 1/30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Harding kills the Hawks.

Last year he went .810, .885, and .957 against the Hawks for a .886 save% Didn't play against him last year. The year before he came on in relief and shut us out (13 shots against) and in his one start had a .879. So no, he doesn't really kill the Hawks.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
The more you know. I remember going to a game awhile back and the Hawks losing 1-0 with Harding standing on his head.

He's one of my favorite goalies.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Without going through stats, goalies that come to mind that typically kill the Hawks are Bryzgalov, Vokoun, Price (haven't seen much but really sticks out), Cam Ward, (same thing)....drawing a blank on others but if I was going to throw a backup out there, I'd say Labarbara.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Harding and Backstrom both having bad years which leads me to believe the defense is the problem. 3rd game in 4 nights, we should put up 5 on them.

Crawford has been named the starter

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Seems like a game we can win since we will have had two off days and Minnesota playing their third game in four nights. Looking for a good amount of offensive output in this game and am hoping for another strong game from Crow in the blue paint.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Minny will be dead after playing a quick, grinder team like CLB. Hopefully they play like we did against the Wings, against us.

Chicago wins 4-1

Patriks7

Oct 20, 2010
Can't wait! Last exams tomorrow afternoon, El Clasico in the evening and then finally get to see a Hawks game at night this seasons :) hope they won't disappoint.

Nothingman*

Wild ar a one line team right now. I think that line had 10 of the available 12 points against St. Louis the other night. Stop that line and you will win.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Is it safe to say that Suter/Weber are both not nearly as good without the other?

They'll never be that good again unless they play with another high end D-man but I think if we give it until sometime during next season, both will have new established good partners and will look better. Probably Dumba for Suter and Josi for Weber, both of which are pretty promising players.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
#25 Jonas Brodin
#4 Clayton Stoner
#77 Tom Gilbert

just saw that those 3 guys all played 20+ minutes yesterday against the Jackets.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
I almost want to go to another shootout with them and have Kane just embarrass Harding like he did to Backstrom last year.

Actually I'd prefer a shutout, but it would be funny.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I almost want to go to another shootout with them and have Kane just embarrass Harding like he did to Backstrom last year.

Actually I'd prefer a shutout, but it would be funny.

Be careful, I think you can get infracted for speaking foreign languages on these boards.

MadhouseOnMadison

Man crush on Amonte
Oct 15, 2010
Tonight should be a win, everything is in our favor with the Wild on the back end of a back to back and our guys are rested and usually start strong on road trips. So basically it's the perfect set up for our first loss. It's bound to happen at some point but hopefully not tonight.

If we lose I hope Suter gets a hat trick. He's really screwing me on fantasy right now.

The Wild's GDT calls Toews a lockout d-bag and Kane a drunken d-bag.

Sounds about right actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad