Pre-Game Talk: Hawks vs Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Does Sikura have a future with this team if Colliton would rather play Kunitz over him?

Honestly no clue. To me he's looked more engaged physically to a point and willing to play defense (back checking and such). I don't understand the move at all. 16? games remaining on a non playoff team. To me all the young guys should be in night in and out. Rotate Kruger and Kunitz at the last spot.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
JC likes his boys to be strong and Sikura really needs to bulk up so it's not surprising. Personally I think Sikura needs to start in Rockford next season.

Just making the assumption he does not get stronger this summer? Pretty big assumption to make...

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Just making the assumption he does not get stronger this summer? Pretty big assumption to make...
He's had 4 years of college to bulk up. I don't think one summer is gonna magically do the trick.

Reactions: pvr

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Sabres vs. Blackhawks - Game Preview - March 7, 2019 - ESPN

Interesting is JC's take on Gus:

"It has been a breakout year and he's shown that he can do special things at our level," Blackhawks coach Jeremy Colliton said in comments published by the Chicago Tribune. "He's been great for the power play, and whenever he's on the ice, he makes plays not many guys in the league make. That's been a huge development for him.
"Doesn't mean we're not going to ask him to do more away from the puck and defensively, because ultimately we don't want him to limit himself as far as (the) player he can be. We want him to be dominant at both ends. Skill-wise, skating (and) size, he can do it. It's just a matter of committing to it."

Reactions: AmericanDream

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Idk, JC I've heard from many a reputable sources that he fits the smurf category.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
He's had 4 years of college to bulk up. I don't think one summer is gonna magically do the trick.

People develop differently and it is not black and white. This goes for pro's as well.

Need another example? Dylan Strome.

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Sabres vs. Blackhawks - Game Preview - March 7, 2019 - ESPN

Interesting is JC's take on Gus:

"It has been a breakout year and he's shown that he can do special things at our level," Blackhawks coach Jeremy Colliton said in comments published by the Chicago Tribune. "He's been great for the power play, and whenever he's on the ice, he makes plays not many guys in the league make. That's been a huge development for him.
"Doesn't mean we're not going to ask him to do more away from the puck and defensively, because ultimately we don't want him to limit himself as far as (the) player he can be. We want him to be dominant at both ends. Skill-wise, skating (and) size, he can do it. It's just a matter of committing to it."
trade him away for a 20% chance at Ryan Hartman version 2.0!!

Reactions: pvr and ChiHawks10

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Gus is 6'0 195= not a smurf. ..But he is a softy...won't use his body ..won't block shots = offenseman.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Gus is 6'0 195= not a smurf. ..But he is a softy...won't use his body ..won't block shots = offenseman.

I think that is Forsling you are describing. Gus has improved in that regard. I'm much more concerned about his apparent lack of awareness without the puck, his unnecessary gambles, bad pinches and/or his trying to create offense in low percentage situations ....and of course his infamous gaffes at the worst of times.

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Jul 4, 2017
Since when did Rooh start constructing the lineup
SUCK IT

nQkWaoF7U9.gif

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Kunitz still in the lineup consistently. Tonight it's for Sikura. Ugh

JC has made it quite clear that Sikura will need to get a lot better without the puck before he plays for his team. I don't like Kunitz in either. Maybe JC is as delusional as our captain about still hoping to make the PO's but regardless, playing vets on their last legs reminds me of a Q move.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
JC has made it quite clear that Sikura will need to get a lot better without the puck before he plays for his team. I don't like Kunitz in either. Maybe JC is as delusional as our captain about still hoping to make the PO's but regardless, playing vets on their last legs reminds me of a Q move.
Yeah, and Kunitz has been in the lineup how often lately? Sikura is best just playing every game from here on out, preferably in the top 9, to see what they have in him. I don't care if Kunitz is in for Hayden, but play the young skilled players at least.

Reactions: BobbyJet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad