GDT: Hawks vs Preds: 7:30PM CT on WGN--What Are The Rules?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Schmaltz being out of the lineup shouldn't turn us from a fast skating team to slow as slugs. One guy shouldn't completely change the speed dynamic, the rest of the team needs to get their arses back to the transition game they showed in the first two. This should be a test as we know how awful the Hawks looked against the Preds.

Reactions: magnificent

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Schmaltz being out of the lineup shouldn't turn us from a fast skating team to slow as slugs. One guy shouldn't completely change the speed dynamic, the rest of the team needs to get their arses back to the transition game they showed in the first two. This should be a test as we know how awful the Hawks looked against the Preds.

Good point SS but what we have seen from him so far is that he's had his act together big time. As you said though some of the guys need to step it up.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
But Falls Down (Seabrook) cannot get his ass in gear cause it is stapled to the ice....Kane will remain disinterested till he gets a real 2C (Schmaltz) to play with ...Keith is starting to geezer at 34 ...therefore getting his ass in transition is not as easy at it was a decade ago ...and so on and so on...You want faster?...where is Hino?

So with Schmaltz out...it looks like more of the same slow and sluggish for tonight. ..unfortunately ...Another night if chasing g the puck...not Getti g it ..lousy clearing if we do get i,t and more give aways than any fan can possibly tolerate without puking .

Expecting a full 60? From our Guys?Do not bet the farm on that ...Lucky if we get 1 full buy in period.Nashville I expect will give a full 60. .you know..to make another :"statement" on us ...

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
But Falls Down (Seabrook) cannot get his ass in gear cause it is stapled to the ice....Kane will remain disinterested till he gets a real 2C (Schmaltz) to play with ...Keith is starting to geezer at 34 ...therefore getting his ass in transition is not as easy at it was a decade ago ...and so on and so on...You want faster?...where is Hino?

So with Schmaltz out...it looks like more of the same slow and sluggish for tonight. ..unfortunately ...Another night if chasing g the puck...not Getti g it ..lousy clearing if we do get i,t and more give aways than any fan can possibly tolerate without puking .

Expecting a full 60? From our Guys?Do not bet the farm on that ...Lucky if we get 1 full buy in period.Nashville I expect will give a full 60. .you know..to make another :"statement" on us ...
Maybe Seabrook should try golf?
tumblr_ly62v25Rgh1r7uivno1_400.gif

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
And turning to #88 and his dis-interest since Schmaltz went out with injury.....maybe some body should tell him about how Ovechkin has 9 goals on 5 games and yet is shoiting worse than Toews! Thisnisbpisdiblecwhen you are averaging 5.8 shots a game...In other words. .show some interest..translate it to effort..get freebofvyour check and shoot at every oportunity. ..you do not need some insane high shoiting %..Oviedo nly at 12.7% but when you get biff that many good shots a game ,you do not need "hot" shooting percentages or luck ...Just show interest in WA NTING to beat goalies...fire away..and just do it. BUT if you are gonna fire only 2 a game on net..well you ain't likely gonna get tgat many goals ..

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

It's worth remembering, the first two games were played against opponents on the 2nd game of back-to-backs. The team may have appeared faster relative to the tired teams they were playing.

Schmaltz going down coincided with the team starting to play fresh opponents.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
It's worth remembering, the first two games were played against opponents on the 2nd game of back-to-backs. The team may have appeared faster relative to the tired teams they were playing.

Schmaltz going down coincided with the team starting to play fresh opponents.
I think our first 3 lines are very fast (minus Anismov who compensates by positioning). It's some of our DMen that have speed issues. Think about it:

* Toews, Saad, Panik, Kane, Schmaltz, Hartman, Cat, and Sharp have speed.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
How do the forwards you have listed have speed?There 8s no speed of you do not hustle enough of the time in a game..Maybe if they effort ed for a full 60.but that is not the cCou try Club style under Q ..He let's them off the hook if they just effort fir 15-20 monutes of 60...

Secondly ...how is there speed off the wings when We have no one rush g right past opposing d-men to fire on net with no checker even near them whike when their rushers go outside on our d-men they get lots of goiod scoring chances from either shots or oases across tge crease to an a team-mate going right at our net?When we try speed rushes down the boards they competently shove us to the boards and stop our attempt...when they rush on the outside they turn our D who then must try to stock-check them...that is...their rushes get past us and cause difficult turning angles to keep up and check because we never headed them off into the boards like they do to our rushes straight down the sides ..No way we have the speed to get past almost every competent NHL dman ..As for rushes up the middle...Schmaltz was best at that. .we do not have anyone close to his speed doing that tonight.

I DO NOT think we have mich speed st all.we hen we PASS without sloppiness tge puck can move faster than they can check us..but we were goid at that the first 2 games and after that it got sloppy and there goes any speed we have..We are not fast Carrington the puck past checkers..the only way for our system to work is to be focused,to hustle to get to pucks and if we do get to pucks tp pass it to open guys before they can check us. ..we cannot blow past them (most opponents) likevthis can on us (Seabrook! !!!) And our d-men who use stick checking ...We so not rub out risherscgoinh straight line up the sides and around our d-men..they rub out our guys. ..easily when our slow forwards try it ..at least they do if they are fresh and not tired from a compacted bunch of games in their schedule. MOST NIGHTS are 'speed" gets handled pretty well and only our padding skill will compensate ..but we are not great puck carrier's taking it in with speed to firebox shots or deke a goalie .

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I think our first 3 lines are very fast (minus Anismov who compensates by positioning). It's some of our DMen that have speed issues. Think about it:

* Toews, Saad, Panik, Kane, Schmaltz, Hartman, Cat, and Sharp have speed.
Having good speed isn't much good if they don't play with speed. Leafs, for example, made the Hawks look noticeably slow.

The Worst One

Who wants to die?
Oct 5, 2017
Why Fiddy is posting these unreadable essays? He moans and whines and complains about Hawks players' laziness, but when it comes to writing skills he himself is too lazy to correct spelling and/or grammar mistakes. Is English his native language? If not then I apologize because my English sucks too. My native language is Latvian.

Reactions: TorMenT

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Why Fiddy is posting these unreadable essays? He moans and whines and complains about Hawks players' laziness, but when it comes to writing skills he himself is too lazy to correct spelling and/or grammar mistakes. Is English his native language? If not then I apologize because my English sucks too. My native language is Latvian.
It's just Fiddy's gimmick to be damn near unreadable on HF Hawks. He's posted on other forums in years past with near perfect grammar and punctuation. Most are okay with it because it's a nice change of pace having someone who's easily recognizable.

abt424

Apr 4, 2012
Austin
Is it weird that I'm not really worried about the outcome as much as I am about the Hawks looking like a fast team that is smart with the puck

The past couple of games have me thinking this could be a long season. I'm not hitting the panic button because Schmaltz is out, but the hawks:

1. Have looked slow (noticeably slower than their opponents the past two/three games)
2. Seem to be giving up a significant amount of scoring chances due to odd-man rushes and lazy outlet passes

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Is it weird that I'm not really worried about the outcome as much as I am about the Hawks looking like a fast team that is smart with the puck

The past couple of games have me thinking this could be a long season. I'm not hitting the panic button because Schmaltz is out, but the hawks:

1. Have looked slow (noticeably slower than their opponents the past two/three games)
2. Seem to be giving up a significant amount of scoring chances due to odd-man rushes and lazy outlet passes

I agree. I'll be very content with a loss tonight if we're at least moving as fast, or faster, than Nashville. Hawks did have like 10mins against Minnesota where they were faster, stronger, and hungrier out there, so here's to hoping for more of that tonight.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
I agree. I'll be very content with a loss tonight if we're at least moving as fast, or faster, than Nashville. Hawks did have like 10mins against Minnesota where they were faster, stronger, and hungrier out there, so here's to hoping for more of that tonight.
I would take one of those ugly wins over a pretty loss tonight (or any night). Let's see if we can play well AND win!

abt424

Apr 4, 2012
Austin

Definitely. I think it was the middle or last 10 minutes of the second period against the Wild. It was the first time in a while where I felt the Hawks were dictating the pace of play.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Definitely. I think it was the middle or last 10 minutes of the second period against the Wild. It was the first time in a while where I felt the Hawks were dictating the pace of play.
Yep, around mid to late 2nd. Was at the game and I told the guy next to me that Kane finally woke up. 88 just went on a bit of a tear out there after doing nothing in the last few games. It was nice to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad